Metal Storm logo
Dragon Ball Z

06.07.2006 - 17:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well, a thread for dragon ball/z/gt lovers.and i'll start with a question:which saga did you like the most?and which is your favorite character?
06.07.2006 - 17:35
Stigmatized
Wow, I used to be so addicted to this show. Man, it's been awhile....

Favorite saga, probably the Cell saga. Gohan's transformation to SS2 is too damn cool to ignore. I never finished the Buu saga and never saw any of GT.
06.07.2006 - 17:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Muhahaha.

To start, I hated GT. They totally lost me there. I really liked Freeza, Garlic Junior and Cell stories.

My favorite character is.. difficult. I like Gohan, Goku and Vegeta. Not much of favorite there.

The best part is probably when the new and improved Freeza visits Earth with his father. They meet Trunks. Trunks slashes them in two in two seconds. I thought: Man, why did I watch ALL those episodes of Goku & Freeza, if Trunks kills them so quickly?! That was quite funny.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.07.2006 - 17:40
Stigmatized
I forgot about Vegeta.......damn, what an idiot. Vegeta was awesome, and my favorite aside from Gohan.
06.07.2006 - 17:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
He was so evil.

BUt actually quite a nice guy though. What I didn't like, where the combinations. Gogeta, Vegeto, and that crap..
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.07.2006 - 17:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
why?anyway i like goku..he beats up everyone and of course master roshi,the ultimate perverted old man!remember that for goku to begin training with him,he wanted a beautiful woman!
06.07.2006 - 18:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Dunno. Just thought that was crap. They shouldn't be together, they should fight.

Lol, didn't remember that. Sounds nice.
----

06.07.2006 - 18:39
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I used to be addicted to this show when I was around 9/10 years old, but I only saw Dragon Ball Z, never saw GT. I don't remember exactly my favorite part, it was maybe in the strange planet with Freeza, Goku, and the green aliens. At the end Freeza and Goku fight and destroy this planet. I think the name of the planet was Namekusei or something like that
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
06.07.2006 - 18:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Namek, with the Nameks. In Dutch, I believe..
----

06.07.2006 - 19:23
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Yeah, it was Namek, with the Nameks ... in Dutch. I thinks its something like Namekians in English, Piccolo was one.

Used to watch that show all the time when it was aired on tv, my mum even watched a long hahah. But well, its a cool serie for its time, probably when I watch it again it will be a bit boring. So better not watch it again, to keep the magic of it alive

Fav sage is probably the Cell saga as well, it was just soo damn exciting hahah. And character Trunks!! My friends always told me I looked like him, had the same hairdo and stuff, not purple though
06.07.2006 - 19:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Whenever I come across it and am bored and with lots of time, I watch it. So that is always, when I come across it.

But most of the time I don't get the storyline anymore, and just watch them fight and have real tough conversations. Show with the best convo's ever.
----

06.07.2006 - 20:06
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Haha, I used to really enjoy this show as well. It was pretty popular when I was about twelve or thirteen.

And yeah, Nervel, they lost me on the storyline too. Near the end of Z, and all of GT, it just seemed to get really out of hand. But who knows, it was always pretty tongue-in-cheek and hardly serious. Dragonball and Dragonball Z were pretty mental anyway. Dragonball was kinda cute...then everybody grew up and started fighting with each other I always thought Vegeta's relationship with Bulma was hilarious.
06.07.2006 - 20:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I never saw 'normal' Dragonball.. :S

But in the show the unavoidable happened. When they beat bad-guy after bad-guy and they all keep improving, there comes a point when it gets repetive. For example, Super Sayan 1, which was über strong at first, but then you would be a pussy if you haven't reached the level of Super Sayan 122434.
----

06.07.2006 - 21:14
Stigmatized
@Nervel- That's true, it was the same thing with every saga. Ne bad comes, they realize they can't win. They train, reach another level of power, win with ease, a time of peace comes....then repeat.
06.07.2006 - 21:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yes.. it's sad.. but what can you do about it?
----

06.07.2006 - 22:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well,i actually find it hilarious.it's good that akira toriyama,the george lucas of anime/manga,never actually did repeat stuff which were exactly the same(i.e.radditz comes back from the dead,krillin kills him again after training REALLY hard on roshi's tiny island while the other z fighters are sipping bacardi in the time chamber).btw what do you think about mr satan aka hercule?the biggest poser ever!
it's also quite annoyin how the characters who got so much attention in dragonball,are simply forgotten in the end(yamcha,tien,krillin and our own favorite,chiaotzu!!)
06.07.2006 - 22:09
Danigar
I used to love this show too, at first i didnt like but some friend told oh you should watch its very cool and i did i got addicted (first with the normal Dragonball) but like you guys said at the end of DBZ it got very repetitive and out-of hand. And yeah they kept and kept improving to a point where they totally lost it. I loved the normal Dragonball, i sometimes watch some episodes just to remember that time : When Goku was little and innocent was so cool, and what about the tournaments, oh they were really cool. Dragonball Z was great too, mostly at the begining, the Freez saga, and the Cell one. From there i didnt follow anymore. The GT y watched some episodes but i didnt like at all
06.07.2006 - 23:06
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Has anybody ever read the manga?

I've seen a couple of them special-ordered into the bookstore where I work, but I've never read them. I think Dragonball Z appears in Shonen Jump magazine, but I've gotten sort of attached to Shojo Beat.
07.07.2006 - 01:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Gosh this made me remind the past lol not that im old but it was a while ago. I used to be a fanatic of this show. I liked Vegeta and his son (which i dont remember the name right now). Good times, my favourite villain was probably that pink fat creature called BUBu for no particular reason lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.07.2006 - 09:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
vegeta's son's name is trunks
and it's Buu,not bubu.
btw i never saw any episode after when future trunks comes along
did anyone here see the dbz movies?
07.07.2006 - 18:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
In Portugal his name was Bubu.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.07.2006 - 19:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
wtf?it's the same here!!goddamit i don't know how buu is called in romanian :p but krillin=chililin(don't know why?) chiaotzu=chiaoz tienshinhan(his full name)=tien(being it that he was only called tienshinhan before) songoku suddenly,with his arrival at the last tenkaichi budokai in dragonball,changed his name to just goku
btw really funny is that pilaf(you remember him,yeah?the "guy who wants to be evil,but just can't")=boiled rice in romanian(also this is used more recently to designate a guy who is weak,lame,boring etc. so he fucking fits the name perfectly!) + (even better!)baba(the old witch,you know her! )=literally "the old lady"
IN FUCKING ROMANIAN how disturbing is that?
07.07.2006 - 20:30
Stigmatized
Written by Valentin B on 07.07.2006 at 09:41

vegeta's son's name is trunks
and it's Buu,not bubu.
btw i never saw any episode after when future trunks comes along
did anyone here see the dbz movies?

I saw a few of them, let's see-

Movie #9-Bojack

The History of Trunks

Bardock-The Father of Goku

The Tree of Might

Dead Zone
07.07.2006 - 20:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
and was any of them good?
07.07.2006 - 20:52
Stigmatized
The Trunks movie and The Bardock Movie were, the rest weren't bad....but they didn't make a lot of sense.
10.07.2006 - 18:49
Basso
Account deleted
I love the Dragonball manga but I found the anime utter crap so incredibly dragged out I almost considered suicide.
11.07.2006 - 16:00
Alouqua
Account deleted
I spend a lot of hours watching Dragon Ball Z with my brother. My fav. character was (is?) Android 18, she was so mean, beautiful and strong... and my fav. saga was the whole part of Freezer...
11.07.2006 - 16:11
Stigmatized
Written by Author on 11.07.2006 at 16:00

I spend a lot of hours watching Dragon Ball Z with my brother. My fav. character was (is?) Android 18, she was so mean, beautiful and strong... and my fav. saga was the whole part of Freezer...

Did you ever see anything with Cooler?
11.07.2006 - 21:55
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 11.07.2006 at 16:11

Very funny
I bet she meant Freeza, but perhaps Freeza is named Freezer in Colombia.
11.07.2006 - 22:13
Stigmatized
Written by Eddie on 11.07.2006 at 21:55

Written by Stigmatized on 11.07.2006 at 16:11

Very funny
I bet she meant Freeza, but perhaps Freeza is named Freezer in Colombia.

I assumed that. Cooler was Frieza's brother. I'm not sure if he appeared in any episodes, but I think there were movies based around him.