Metal Storm logo
Recommend Russian Metal Bands

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 14.01.2009 - 11:44
Hey guys, plz recommend me some good russian bands. I know "Shah" and "Forest Stream". the second one is a very nice doom band. and shah is a thrash band. I recommend both of them, cuase they r really nice bands.
plz tell me about the genre of the band which u want to talk about.
18.01.2009 - 18:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 15.01.2009 at 17:04

I don't know if you are gonna be interested, bu there are three great Russian Power Metal bands: Catharsis, Epidemia, and Arida Vortex. Also one of the greatest albums to have ever come from Russia is Zatmenie by the band with same name.

to be honest I hate powermetal, I like just some powermetal songs + Blind Guardian (if it is a powermetal)

but thankz for u post
18.01.2009 - 18:53
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Guest on 18.01.2009 at 18:52

I don't know if you are gonna be interested, bu there are three great Russian Power Metal bands: Catharsis, Epidemia, and Arida Vortex. Also one of the greatest albums to have ever come from Russia is Zatmenie by the band with same name.

to be honest I hate powermetal, I like just some powermetal songs + Blind Guardian (if it is a powermetal)

but thankz for u post

ok... but check out Zatmenie though... they play an awesome mix of thrash and heavy.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
18.01.2009 - 18:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by K✞ulu on 18.01.2009 at 18:53

but thankz for u post

ok... but check out Zatmenie though... they play an awesome mix of thrash and heavy.

The Arrow good power M from Russia, theya lso have BG cover time what is time
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2009 - 19:05
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 18.01.2009 at 18:53

but thankz for u post

sure I'll take a look at it thankz man
19.01.2009 - 12:55
benvolent
Written by Bad English on 15.01.2009 at 12:22

I forgot mentioned Korozia Metala, funny band who' used some stripclub dancers into shows in late 80's KGB agents shut down many shows, it was moust shoking band there

I'd rather forget about 'Korozia Metala' - it's really trashy punk without any quality. And, even more important, they quite irresponsibly refer to german and russian history. A big flag with a swastika on it would not be a rare thing on their concerts. That's just disgusting imo!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles
19.01.2009 - 13:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by benvolent on 19.01.2009 at 12:55

I forgot mentioned Korozia Metala, funny band who' used some stripclub dancers into shows in late 80's KGB agents shut down many shows, it was moust shoking band there

I'd rather forget about 'Korozia Metala' - it's really trashy punk without any quality. And, even more important, they quite irresponsibly refer to german and russian history. A big flag with a swastika on it would not be a rare thing on their concerts. That's just disgusting imo!

Disagree because band rise in ussr and hate it and nothing is better how provoke those who belive in comunismus whit such muisc and svatika , its good way in this side if world
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2009 - 13:28
benvolent
Written by Bad English on 19.01.2009 at 13:01

Written by benvolent on 19.01.2009 at 12:55

Disagree because band rise in ussr and hate it and nothing is better how provoke those who belive in comunismus whit such muisc and svatika , its good way in this side if world

Ok with the provoking-stuff! But there is this weird opinion, that if the Germans would have won the war, the Russians now were happy, drank beer and listen to geman marsh-music... This opinion is neither very intelligent, nor very difficult to find among young russians - unfortunately! Bands, who support such crap, don't exist for me.
----
19.01.2009 - 13:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by benvolent on 19.01.2009 at 13:28

Ok with the provoking-stuff! But there is this weird opinion, that if the Germans would have won the war, the Russians now were happy, drank beer and listen to geman marsh-music... This opinion is neither very intelligent, nor very difficult to find among young russians - unfortunately! Bands, who support such crap, don't exist for me.

Ok about war we go of topic but there many bands who support it but Korozia Metala is one of those bands who provoke society, for example you have svatika tattoo, if but you wont do nazie thinks, but man in suit take a gun and kill 40 jews , thhat band make socaety angry, thet time was diferent and people who blindly ebalive in ussr and stalin was stupid and get angry werry easy fom music and band done job well
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2009 - 13:47
benvolent
Written by Bad English on 19.01.2009 at 13:37

thhat band make socaety angry, thet time was diferent and people who blindly ebalive in ussr and stalin was stupid and get angry werry easy fom music and band done job well

You're right! Still it's too extreme for me... Sad enough, that the SSSR existed long enough to give birth to such desperate bands like Korozia Metala!
----
19.01.2009 - 13:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by benvolent on 19.01.2009 at 13:47

Written by Bad English on 19.01.2009 at 13:37

thhat band make socaety angry, thet time was diferent and people who blindly ebalive in ussr and stalin was stupid and get angry werry easy fom music and band done job well

You're right! Still it's too extreme for me... Sad enough, that the SSSR existed long enough to give birth to such desperate bands like Korozia Metala!

Metal in Russia born one generation to late when people in late 80;s saw hos in west how good are there and people was tired of sistem and wnat freedom and rebelion spirit and it was one of reaosns why born such band

BTW moust NS bands are in ex com reagime countries
----

apos;'
[image]
20.01.2009 - 08:22
Eeric
Account deleted
You should check EVERLOST, it's kinda bodomish/nevermorish band, but still have their own recognizable sound and maybe a bit rockier band than bodom or nevermore
20.01.2009 - 20:14
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Wolfkrieg
25.01.2009 - 10:41
elyar
Account deleted
Written by Bitter Dawn on 20.01.2009 at 20:14

Wolfkrieg

did u read the post?
25.01.2009 - 12:32
Freezer
One interesting band I know from Russia is Hyeronimus Bosch, they play technical death metal. That is, if you do not want to look for bands like Temnozor.
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
25.01.2009 - 22:12
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I would recommend Korrozia Metalla, their earlier stuff, that is. After the release of their "Sadizm" album, they got into all of this Nazi bullshit and their talent went down the shitter. Personally, I highly recommend the album "Russian Vodka". It's a great piece of Russian thrash metal, and I sure wish I had a physical copy of it.
29.01.2009 - 18:42
ForeverDarkWoods
Fuck, I just noticed there was no mention of the mighty Senmuth in this thread. It's a great one man band playing industrial metal who's got a FUCKTON of full length releases. They're very different from each other, but mostly he plays a kind of ambient industrial doom metal, sometimes with a bit of Egyptian themes going on. It's really bizarre, but it's also really, really good. As for what albums are the best, I haven't even heard half of them (as said there's a FUCKTON of them, like 40-50 or something at least), but all the ones I've heard have been good in their own right. This is basically a must if you like industrial metal.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
03.03.2009 - 06:30
Russian band ARIA is worth checking out if you're into Iron Maiden or power metal. Very Maiden-inspired, with galloping bass and all, pretty much a budget Maiden clone from eastern europe... but still a good old school fun!
03.03.2009 - 07:10
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by worm_is_gloaming on 03.03.2009 at 06:30

Russian band ARIA is worth checking out if you're into Iron Maiden or power metal. Very Maiden-inspired, with galloping bass and all, pretty much a budget Maiden clone from eastern europe... but still a good old school fun!

This is what I could never understand. All people talk about Aria copying from Maiden, and now even you, a guy from the US talks about it. I've never really seen any huge similarities... I don't, maybe I should listen to Maiden 'cause I know Aria by heart.

But they are indeed a great band with cool lyrics.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
03.03.2009 - 07:38
Written by K✞ulu on 03.03.2009 at 07:10

I've never really seen any huge similarities... I don't, maybe I should listen to Maiden 'cause I know Aria by heart.

But they are indeed a great band with cool lyrics.

I was thinking particularly of earlier Aria, some of it is very Maiden-like, esp. "Powerslave"-era Maiden. For instance, "Kolizei" has that unmistakeable Maiden bass gallop (similar to Powerslave song itself, in the way it opens up), and compare "Korol Dorogi" (King of the Road) to Maiden's "Aces High" - I'm not saying they rip Maiden off, but they do make a great combo when listened next to each other.
"Duch Voiny" song could have easily been an outtake from "Number of the Beast" album... and "Tebe Dadut Znak" with its slightly proggy/futuristic vibe to it could have come from "Somewhere in Time".

It's interesting to notice that these similarities are also thematic as well as musical. Korol Dorogi and Aces High are both about racing at a high speed, whether driving or flying. Kolizei and Powerslave are both somewhat epic-y hinting at a distant civilization, which of course has to be established by the musical vibe itself. And Tebe Dadut Znak & Somewhere In Time are both somewhat futuristic and sci-fi, based on the more prog elements at play here. Interesting how lyrical content in heavy metal seems to dispose towards particular kinds of sound or musical vibes, but of course it's also safe to say that these Aria dudes were listening to lots and lots of Maiden back in the 80's.
I myself have been only a casual Maiden fan till I saw them live last summer, and ever since then have been on an unstoppable Maiden listening binge. If you haven't fully indulged yourself yet in all that Maiden has to offer, go for it! Never too late and impossible to grow out of.
m/
03.03.2009 - 10:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Probably i will be repeating, but :

Arkona (pagan folk...the "more popular" one, there is even one more from Russia with one demo out only and i am not speaking about polish Arkona either ), Temnozor (pagan black...yes, members are NS, but the music is quite "correct"), Alkonost (pagan folk)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.03.2009 - 20:36
Slayer666
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 29.01.2009 at 18:42

Fuck, I just noticed there was no mention of the mighty Senmuth in this thread. It's a great one man band playing industrial metal who's got a FUCKTON of full length releases. They're very different from each other, but mostly he plays a kind of ambient industrial doom metal, sometimes with a bit of Egyptian themes going on. It's really bizarre, but it's also really, really good. As for what albums are the best, I haven't even heard half of them (as said there's a FUCKTON of them, like 40-50 or something at least), but all the ones I've heard have been good in their own right. This is basically a must if you like industrial metal.

Sonnuva bitch (not you), Senmuth has 50 (!!!!!!!!!) full-lenghts since 2004! What is that guy?
03.03.2009 - 20:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Slayer666 on 03.03.2009 at 20:36

Sonnuva bitch (not you), Senmuth has 50 (!!!!!!!!!) full-lenghts since 2004! What is that guy?

Hmm are you shore songs dont reapite, I check guy in AM seems quate good, but 50 albums .... incredibile
----

apos;'
[image]
03.03.2009 - 21:05
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Bad English on 03.03.2009 at 20:42

Written by Slayer666 on 03.03.2009 at 20:36

Hmm are you shore songs dont reapite, I check guy in AM seems quate good, but 50 albums .... incredibile

All Senmuth releases have exclusive material on them. He just records and releases albums at 5 times the pace Moonblood released their rehearsal tapes...

You can download most of Senmuth's stuff from his site though (IIRC), so you don't have to spend all that money.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
03.03.2009 - 22:34
Dest
I don't know if this band has been mentioned yet, but I recommend Amber Tears.

They are a Doom Metal band with Folk influences, amazing atmospheric music with great use of folk instruments.
The lyrics are entirely in Russian, so I can't understand a single word they are singing, but the vocalist uses deep grunts or clean vocals, that accompany the atmosphere they are creating perfectly.

Greatly recommended, songs can be found on Last.FM, Myspace and RealMusic.
03.03.2009 - 22:46
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Dest on 03.03.2009 at 22:34

The lyrics are entirely in Russian, so I can't understand a single word they are singing, but the vocalist uses deep grunts or clean vocals, that accompany the atmosphere they are creating perfectly.

Hehe, hire someone who could translate the lyrics.

Hmm, I don't really think this project is mentioned here somewhere... All The Cold. Minimalist/ambient black metal. They can be found on last.fm.
03.03.2009 - 23:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

I don't know if this band has been mentioned yet, but I recommend Amber Tears.

They are a Doom Metal band with Folk influences, amazing atmospheric music with great use of folk instruments.

Greatly recommended, songs can be found on Last.FM, Myspace and RealMusic.

Amber Tears is good, and eys its in russian, I understand lyrics, and song title,s but IMO if you dont understand it it dont makes band worst
----

apos;'
[image]
03.03.2009 - 23:08
Dest
Written by Ragana on 03.03.2009 at 22:46

Hehe, hire someone who could translate the lyrics.

Lol
I doubt that would do me any good, not knowing what they are saying increases the mystical atmosphere they create. But at least they were so kind to translate the titels of the songs
07.03.2009 - 10:06
FOOCK Nam
Dryados and Lyube, lol, the second one is not metal but good one.
07.11.2009 - 05:14
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Guest on 14.01.2009 at 22:19

Mechanical Poet is a pretty solid progressive metal band from Russia...you should check them out...

I have to say that only "Woodland Prattlers" is really really good, their other albums are pure crap, the vocalist in this album is really good (he sings also in a band called Epidemia, which by the way is also quite good), the when they changed him all went down. Vocals on their latest effort ruin everything
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
07.11.2009 - 06:15
Culty
Well i hope nobody mentioned Master (Mactep in russian alphabet). Its a pretty nice thrash band.
----
Gfnttlr