Original post

Posted by Damnated, 14.07.2006 - 01:52
Mine is Gnarls Barkley - Crazy, Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
27.08.2010 - 21:54
Tanz baby-ich bin traurig
27.09.2010 - 14:01
FOOCK Nam
Backstreet Boys - Inconsolable

Pretty good song, emotional struggle. Recommend me any similar-touch song no even in the Boys genre.
29.09.2010 - 04:08
Vunts

My favourite non metal songs change quite often due to mood n stuff, but this is the current fav non metal song. I have listened to the song quite for quite some time in a row now, and it just doesn't get old.
29.09.2010 - 12:51
InnerSelf
proofread free
Dog Days Are Over - Florence and The Machine
I was blown away by the vocal performance at the VMA's so I downloaded the song
awesome
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
29.09.2010 - 16:21
whatsacow
Atm... Horchata - vampire weekend (Indie pop - so randomly catchy)
Syeeda's flute song - John coltrane (Jazz - Best saxist ever.)
Nosebleed Section - Hilltop Hoods (The only rappers i like)
Ocean - John Butler (instrumental acoustic folk piece... the most beautiful piece of music ever)
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
29.09.2010 - 18:09
FOOCK Nam
Written by Vunts on 29.09.2010 at 04:08

My favourite non metal songs change quite often due to mood n stuff, but this is the current fav non metal song. I have listened to the song quite for quite some time in a row now, and it just doesn't get old.

Let me guess the genre of that song is either country or pop ?
29.09.2010 - 23:10
Vunts
I would classify it as neither, since it doesn't have the catchyness that is looked for in pop songs and I can't really detect any country from it.
What difference does it make anyways, it's a nice chill song to relax to.
21.10.2010 - 22:11
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hurts - Evelyn
22.10.2010 - 15:55
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I recently listened to some Blondie albums and Rapture is stuck in my head.
08.11.2010 - 19:03
TormentoR
Account deleted
José Feliciano - Envidia
14.11.2010 - 17:25
Empress
Headbang vol.99...that was quite nice, thank you. Here is fella I like ... David Gallegos, former guitarist for the progressive metal band Power of Omens, now playing Spanish guitar. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZcUWfPZ1Fw
15.11.2010 - 21:42
Vunts
Really cool. The guitar tone sets a soothing mood. Probably not going to make it onto my mp3 player, but I'll grab the song for the PC.

This is a new song for me. From Estonia. A form of dubstep.
14.12.2010 - 15:21
Krankheit
Account deleted
Toots & The Maytals - 54/46 Was My Number
Toots & The Maytals - Pressure Drop
Riz Ortolani - Cannibal Holocaust Main Theme
14.12.2010 - 16:26
JD
Account deleted
H-Block - The Power - Rap\Rock\Pop
15.12.2010 - 01:19
ForeverDarkWoods
Pink Floyd has released stuff that beats most metal. Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall are all particularily great albums. They are meant to be listened to as albums though, and not as separate songs.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
15.12.2010 - 16:46
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 15.12.2010 at 01:19

Pink Floyd has released stuff that beats most metal. Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall are all particularily great albums. They are meant to be listened to as albums though, and not as separate songs.

tbh I just can't understand how am I supposed to listen The Wall on its entirety without taking my own life away lol
there are some good songs on it though

Never understood what's so great about DSotM aswell. On the contrary Piper is awesome, Pink Floyd knew how to do psych
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
15.12.2010 - 23:31
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Elio on 15.12.2010 at 16:46

tbh I just can't understand how am I supposed to listen The Wall on its entirety without taking my own life away lol

Never understood what's so great about DSotM aswell. On the contrary Piper is awesome, Pink Floyd knew how to do psych

Those albums are genius man. Might take a few times to get them, but they are absolutely genius and better than most metal.

I feel sorry for you.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
16.12.2010 - 16:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 15.12.2010 at 23:31

Written by Elio on 15.12.2010 at 16:46

Those albums are genius man. Might take a few times to get them, but they are absolutely genius and better than most metal.

I feel sorry for you.

Tastes differ man, also I don't know why you keep repeating they are better than most metal, most of metal is crap anyway
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.12.2010 - 18:38
JohnDoe
Account deleted

glad to see you like Pink Floyd but PF is still a rock band (psychedelic early, progressive rock later). Mentioning them here is not right. The thread says "currently favourite song non-metal, non-rock" after all.
16.12.2010 - 18:39
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Elio on 16.12.2010 at 16:06

Tastes differ man, also I don't know why you keep repeating they are better than most metal, most of metal is crap anyway

Of course taste is subjective and all. Not that much fun discussing objective stuff, huh?

But yeah, I guess you got me with the fact that most metal is crap. It really is.

But I can understand where you are coming from. Pink Floyd is very different from metal in so many ways. Metal usually has a lot of emphasis on energy and power, while Pink Floyd is usually very laid back.

The best thing about The Wall is that it really takes you for a trip, if you're in the mood for it, and not everybody is (some people are never in the right mood).
----
16.12.2010 - 18:42
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Guest on 16.12.2010 at 18:38

glad to see you like Pink Floyd but PF is still a rock band (psychedelic early, progressive rock later). Mentioning them here is not right. The thread says "currently favourite song non-metal, non-rock" after all.

The Wall doesn't even have guitars a lot of the time. It's a bit proggy (although not really that complex), but in general it has more in common with a lot of 70's pop music. I don't think progressive rock fits it at all actually.
----
16.12.2010 - 18:49
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 16.12.2010 at 18:42

The Wall doesn't even have guitars a lot of the time. It's a bit proggy (although not really that complex), but in general it has more in common with a lot of 70's pop music. I don't think progressive rock fits it at all actually.

PF has so many albums in the 70s, I hope you have not heard only Dark Side of the Moon and the Wall. From all 70s PF, The Wall is indeed their most accessible work, still I wouldn't call it pop.
16.12.2010 - 19:38
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Guest on 16.12.2010 at 18:49

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 16.12.2010 at 18:42

PF has so many albums in the 70s, I hope you have not heard only Dark Side of the Moon and the Wall. From all 70s PF, The Wall is indeed their most accessible work, still I wouldn't call it pop.

I have basically all Pink Floyd albums on vinyl, plus some other things such as "Relics" (a compilation of old singles).

Mostly, I was just criticising The Wall being labeled as rock, since it really isn't. It's just something else entirely. It might even be my favourite PF album. A lot of the album doesn't have guitars, and most of the ones that exist don't have much in common with rock guitars at all. Even very proggy prog rock bands like King Crimson had a lot of guitars. The wall also isn't even that complex most of the time, it's just weird.
----
16.12.2010 - 21:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
16.12.2010 - 23:39
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.12.2010 at 21:10

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

a rock band/song, too.
20.12.2010 - 21:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 16.12.2010 at 23:39
a rock band/song, too.

It is, but I tend to just post any current fave song which isnt metal in here. And on that note...

Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger
24.12.2010 - 12:33
Vunts
I'm going to still stick to the thread title policies and post non metal/rock songs!

Actually got the link to the song from another user here a couple days ago. Been lovin it ever since. As soon as I'm gonna find a better quality version, my neighbours are going to love the vibrations in their teacups.

Woo, 900th post. A round number, I likey!
24.12.2010 - 17:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Don't Look Back In Anger isnt a rock song. It sounds like it could have been made by The Beatles.
26.12.2010 - 01:07
JD
Account deleted
Ania - Tego chcialam i love this song especially if me was drunk.
28.12.2010 - 21:39
Ragana
Rawrcat
It is quite funny, rather catchy... yeah, it's cool. Shakira - Mon Amour