Metal Storm logo
Axis of Advance (split up - 3rd Oct)

17.07.2006 - 18:43
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
few mp3s: http://aoa.ark11.net/downloads.html

no thread on this band so i thought id start one. good stuff. probably my favourite band for quite a while now.

any other opinions?

by the way, if anyone has the 'landline' EP and is willing to part with it, i have a list of stuff i can trade for it (see link in signature) or i can buy it off you.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
17.07.2006 - 18:51
Ruines
Account deleted
Great band, tought i've only heard the album "Strike". It's imo a good refreshing band merging a few different genre in a very positive manner.
19.07.2006 - 05:57
MorningLight9
Account deleted
I've heard "The List" and it was decent enough. It seemed a tiny bit generic, but overall I can't find fault. If you're a fan of the sound, I guarantee you will like the album. This is another one of those good bands who few people seem to know about.

Their cover art is also top-notch.
23.07.2006 - 10:51
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Sweeeet.

I love all the works and for some reason, The List is growing on me. I think it's because of it's difference in sound compared to the other albums.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
23.07.2006 - 20:44
Damnated
Churchburner
Never really listened to them, although I have some albums. What do you recommend, still?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.02.2007 - 07:26
piggy
Account deleted
This band is fucking great. GREAT!

I have some of their stuff on record.
17.02.2007 - 07:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hehe....I skimmed this page too fast and wrote a post about how good Discordance Axis is. I then realized this is an Axis of Advance thread. My bad.
30.06.2008 - 14:40
Finsternis
Account deleted
i recommend OBEY!
15.08.2008 - 02:00
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I like a lot that whole Canadian "war" metal scene but somehow AOA had never appealed to me so much... their music becomes very boring after a few listens... I actually like much more the material they released before, under the name of Sacramentary Abolishment.

@pyro: Discordance Axis are KVLT
15.08.2008 - 16:19
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Hmm how can a grindcore band be "KVLT?" Such a curious adjective.

I finally got around to getting some Axis of Advance a few months ago. To be honest I was kinda disappointed. Not to say they aren't a quality band, they just seem rather ordinary in many respects. Heh, I still get this band mixed up with Axis of Perdition.
15.08.2008 - 21:57
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Old thread. I thought stuff was deleted after a while on here.

I've decided that Purify is by far their best release. I listened to that at least once a day for over a year then gradually started listening to it less and less then stopped for a while. Picked it up again a few weeks ago and remembered why I played it that much.

Sorry, total fanboy.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
04.10.2008 - 00:56
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Quote:
Hail the End! Of a decade of madness...

Axis of Advance has been laid to rest after 10 prolific years. There is no drama and no controversy; with 6 triumphant releases, multiple compilation appearances and several successful shows in Europe and North America, the band collectively agree - there remains nothing more to achieve.

As most within the pantheon of extreme heavy metal are already aware - Axis of Advance arose from the remains of Sacramentary Abolishment back in 1998. All involved in S.A. went on to push the very definition of ferocity in the years to come; yet, for Vermin and Wör, particularly, Axis of Advance was never meant to be a redundant failsafe; 'Purify' stamped the seal of finality, of the cycle complete.

Onward we march, leaving this shell. Hail the End?

1998-2008.

Don't know if anyone on this forum is interested. I know there were some big fans on this forum a few years ago (Dr Zombie, Prugor, Ace) but they don't seem to post here anymore.

Terrible news.

6 songs/30 minutes of material will remain unreleased.
----

Read Watchmen.
04.10.2008 - 02:56
totaliteraliter
Lame I guess, one of the few bands whose complete discography I own and enjoy (all their full lengths anyway, haven't heard Purify). I really liked the direction they were heading on Obey anyway, I think the tighter and more mechanical sound they had suited them well and I've kind of been vaguely anticipating the follow-up. But as long as Revenge is still active it isn't really a total loss. I wonder what, if anything, Wor will be up to?