Metal Storm logo
Best Agalloch LP/EP

Poll

What is your favorite of Agalloch's works, and why?

The Mantle
Ashes Against the Grain
Pale Folklore
The White
Of Stone, Wind, and Pillor
Other

Total votes: 36
30.11.2009 - 21:48
Konrad
Mormon Storm
These are their main works, which is your favorite? For me, it's very difficult to choose between "Ashes" and "Mantle", but I went with Ashes because it not only comes closest to their goal (Continuing Bergtatt), but also is a better reflection of my emotions.
----
Brujerizmo!
30.11.2009 - 21:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant asnver my friend to do it I need hear all works now and who knows maybe after week all changes, because simply I like this band a lot and i love all works so I can not asnver to this quasten, if there be option all I would vote all, so no voting for me now
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.11.2009 - 21:58
Ragana
Rawrcat
No doubt, 'Ashes Against The Grain'.

I have no real argumentation, I just like it, it's... snowy. At least it gives me that kind of a feeling.
30.11.2009 - 23:31
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
All their stuff is awesome but The Mantle is even more awesome than the others
01.12.2009 - 09:44
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Ragana on 30.11.2009 at 21:58

No doubt, 'Ashes Against The Grain'.

I have no real argumentation, I just like it, it's... snowy. At least it gives me that kind of a feeling.

It's funny I always thought of the Ocean when i heard it...but that's probably because I spent so much time in the ocean surfing. I think this album is just so organic, that it will bring one closer to whatever part of nature he is closest to. It also mentions "falling snow" "the waves" "the grain" and "burning"...so it's incredibly nature-filled. But The Mantle actually I think is even more nature-oriented...
----
Brujerizmo!
02.12.2009 - 02:01
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I also found it difficult to choose between the Mantle and Ashes Agains The Grain both are great, but voted for Ashes cause it contains my favorite Agalloch song (Fire Above, Ice Below)
02.12.2009 - 02:54
Archetype
I really can't decide. Each album has it's own atmosphere and "scenery" and regardless of the mood I'm in - I can randomly pick an album and still enjoy it.

Asking me to pick just one is just unfair...
02.12.2009 - 14:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The Mantle...no doubts about it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.12.2009 - 15:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ashes Against the Grain (Vynil version, thank you, it contains a 20 mins bonus track). It is simply my favourite album, each song is so awesomely sweet but powerful, lyrics are awesome too.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.12.2009 - 18:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Elio on 02.12.2009 at 15:52

Vynil version, thank you, it contains a 20 mins bonus track

if i knew this one, i would be thinking about reconsidering...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.12.2009 - 01:51
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by Elio on 02.12.2009 at 15:52

Ashes Against the Grain (Vynil version, thank you, it contains a 20 mins bonus track). It is simply my favourite album, each song is so awesomely sweet but powerful, lyrics are awesome too.

I do like Scars of the Shattered Sky...but "The Grain" is my favorite of the two drone tracks. What's cool, is that they wrote I and II after the Grain...as it says in the S.B.S. Awesome.
----
Brujerizmo!
05.12.2009 - 23:26
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Ashes, because "Falling Snow" is such a dam good song...
----
rekt
06.07.2011 - 17:47
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
Ashes, because it's more riff based than the Mantle, which relies heavily on acoustic stuff.
07.09.2012 - 19:25
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I personally feel The Mantle is the band's masterpiece. The acoustic guitars and wind sound effects provide a lot of atmosphere that recall Ulver's Bergtatt. It's a very haunting and chilling experience.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).