Metal Storm logo
Teen Gets Prison For Sawing Head Off Corpse

Original post

Posted by animal, 29.07.2006 - 10:41
Teenager sentenced to prison for breaking into tomb
June 29, 2006

ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. --A Morrisville teenager has been sentenced to prison for opening a tomb and cutting the head off a corpse.

Nickolas Buckalew, 18, sentenced to between 1 and 7 years Wednesday, was given credit for the 14 months he was held in prison awaiting trial. He has been sent to a psychiatric facility in Cuttingsville for further treatment.

Buckalew agreed to plead guilty to two felony counts: intentionally removing or injuring a tombstone, and intentionally disinterring and carrying away the remains of a human body.

He was sentenced at Vermont District Court in St. Johnsbury because a utility problem shut down the courthouse in Hyde Park.

Authorities said Buckalew went to a cemetery in Morrisville on April 8, 2005, and opened an above-ground tomb. He removed the casket lid and used a hacksaw to cut the head off a corpse. He also stole eyeglasses and a bow tie from the casket. The head was placed in a plastic bag, which he used to take it home.

Witnesses said Buckalew told them he intended to bleach the skull and use it as a bong to smoke marijuana, according to an affidavit by Morristown Patrolman Ryan Bjerke.

The witnesses went to the tomb to find out whether Buckalew was telling the truth. They found it had been opened and there was a headless body inside before reporting the incident to police.

The skull and other items were discovered after Buckalew's home was searched by police.

Buckalew is being transferred to Spring Lake Ranch in Cuttingsville, which is a residential program for psychiatric treatment. A psychiatrist testified that Buckalew suffered from bipolar disorder.

Buckalew said in court that he wanted to get help.

"It was a horrendous thing that I did. What I did was appalling," he said. "I didn't think of the victim. ... I want to get help for my mental problems."

------

Information from: The Caledonian-Record, http://www.caledonian-record.com

Link
11.09.2008 - 05:04
MortalTheory
Account deleted
fucking stupid... a bong? come on.
11.09.2008 - 05:17
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Daru Jericho on 03.08.2006 at 05:01

At least he admits that he has a problem.

Of course he says he has a problem... his lawyer probably told him to say that. No one wants to accept the truth that normal people do fucked up shit everyday. All it takes is the right prerequisites and the right environment, ANYONE could be in the same situation. (I just made a beer bong out of a human spine!)
21.10.2008 - 06:19
Toast
Account deleted
Wow that kid's an idiot lol. You can make a fricken bong out of almost anything yet he decides to rip someones head off and use the skull .
24.10.2008 - 02:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Am I the only one who chuckled a little bit when reading this?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.10.2008 - 15:59
Deadgirl
Written by Doc G. on 24.10.2008 at 02:38

Am I the only one who chuckled a little bit when reading this?

No way, dude. I think it's hilarious. Stupid, certainly, but still funny. Still, you'd think he'd want it for something cooler than a bong. That was totally anticlimactic. lol
----
Remember that you are mortal.
24.10.2008 - 18:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Deadgirl on 24.10.2008 at 15:59

No way, dude. I think it's hilarious. Stupid, certainly, but still funny. Still, you'd think he'd want it for something cooler than a bong. That was totally anticlimactic. lol

Agree, It was very funny xD. I always though from the very beginning that the skull will be used for something cool. Even a glas for the wine would be good enough. But a bong? C'mon! My expression turned from -_- to O_____o while reading this.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.10.2008 - 20:33
Branzig
Just another reason why I love stoners hahaha. Imagine the conversation him and his friend had before going out.

Hacksaw: "Uh, dude, I am like WAY sick of this Bubbler, it totally isn't getting me stoned enough and it IS NOT METAL" (as he turns up his "Mayhem Live in Leipzig," so necro)

Stupid Stoned Friend: "Oh dude, I KNOW! but I mean what, what can we do, we spent all our money on this prem bud, how are we going to purchase a new smoking utensil?!"

Hacksaw: "Oh man, remember that KILLER bong we saw yesterday, it had skulls all over it and a FUCKING wizard at the bottom, it was so kvlt! But it was like 200 bucks...damn head shops...wait a minute...SKULL!"

Stupid Stoned Friend: "Yea, Skulls are killer."

Hacksaw: "No no no, we will go to the grave yard, dig up a corpse, hack its head off, then make a totally fucking METAL BONG OUT OF IT!"

Stupid Stoned Friend: "No way dude, that is totally cold and brutal, but I can't fucking do that, I'm catholic."

Hacksaw: "Dude, if you don't go to your house, grab a saw, and meet back here in 30 minutes to go saw a corpse's head off to make a bong with, I am totally taking and smoking your share of this bud AND eating all your Cheetos."

Stupid Stoned Friend: "...so cold dude, I thought we were friends. Fine...I'll be back in a half hour, just don't touch my fucking weed or Cheetos, otherwise I'll be cutting your fucking head off and smoking weed from your eyelids. Prick."

Hacksaw: "This is going to be so awesome. Fuck I love weed, I come up with ALL my best ideas stoned!"
----
In Grind We Crust