05. The Shortest Straw
06. Harvester Of Sorrow
07. The Frayed Ends Of Sanity
08. To Live Is To Die
09. Dyers Eve
10. The Prince [Diamond Head cover] [Japanese bonus]
11. One [live] [digital reissue bonus]
12. ...And Justice For All [live] [digital reissue bonus]

Hmmm, so this is the last "true" Metallica classic? Let me start off by saying a lot of fans consider this to be their "progressive" album, while after hearing it through, the only thing I can point out that has "progressed" is the band's ability to bore the listener into a deep coma after a couple tracks.

The first two tracks are actually very good thrash metal numbers. "Blackened" is a pretty fast song with jackhammer riffs that really drag you into the album. The title track basically carries along the same looped riff throughout the song. While as repetitive it may be, it happens to be the strongest song and one of Metallica's best to date. Unfortunately, the remaining songs do not have the force to be as repeating. The next song worth hearing is "One". I could always admit that this band has a good formula for making this sort of songs. I would think things would pick up from here, but sadly what follows is more disgusting rubble to plow through. "Harvester of Sorrow" is vaguely interesting at first, but loses its edge very quickly.

My skip button gets a nice work out until I find out?..wait?.no more album.
Yes, apparently the album has left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and the only thing that can wash it down is some classic Anthrax, which I happen to spot in my rack after I put this disaster away. There you have it ladies and gentlemen. The last "great" output by a band that has quickly fallen from grace as fast as it got there, all represented by three and a half tracks. Oh, and one more thing. I forgot that Metallica even had a bassist present in the making of this output. You wouldn't know they had one by actually listening to this CD.

Written by Joey Jo Jo | 05.08.2005

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Guest review by
Powerslave16
Rating:
When I came across Aguirre's review of Metallica's '...And Justice For All', I immediately spewed Coca-Cola everywhere and threatened the non-stickiness of my keyboard. I didn't see it coming, I guess. Aguirre is entitled to his opinion, but what follows is my review of Metallica's 'last great' and 'progressive' album.

Read more ››
published 29.09.2007 | Comments (40)

Guest review by
!Mac!
Rating:
It can easily be said that music is a photo in time. A fragment in where society is once shot, forever leaving the remembrance of where and who we were. This translates directly and more so intently to an artist or band, and where they were in their lives and careers when a piece of work was released. For Metallica in 1988, two-years removed from a loss of a brother, a friend and a band mate, bassist Cliff Burton, they showed their scars in an album that I can only help but adore. "?And Justice For All" is a long, (65-minutes long, 10 less than the maximum) drawn out, epic, loud, angry, and emotionally charged record that sweeps its listeners up into its messages and endless musicianship.

Read more ››
published 03.12.2008 | Comments (5)

Guest review by
Hermann Langke
Rating:
Metallica! Need we say anything more about this band? They are the biggest Heavy Metal band ever to have existed, sold more records than any other Metal band and have performed in almost all the countries on the planet. They are the fathers of Thrash Metal and are one of the most influential bands of all time. Most of you know a great deal about them so I won't be elaborating anymore.

Read more ››
published 04.07.2010 | Comments (27)

Comments page 4 / 4

Comments: 92   Visited by: 407 users
15.08.2020 - 18:48
Rating: 10
BlankFile

The note on this review is a fucking joke. 5?

No way dude. And Justice for All... is maybe the most Progressive record by Metallica, full of great moments and songs. Another fucking classic, a fabulous record. Boring? Change your ears.
25.12.2020 - 01:47
Rating: 10
JavierPaper

5? This album is a classic

Hits total: 16429 | This month: 30