08. The Talisman
09. The Man Who Would Be King
10. When The Wild Wind Blows

Featured in "Getting Into: Iron Maiden"

Additional info
Produced by Kevin Shirley.
Co-produced by Steve Harris.
Mixed by Kevin 'Caveman' Shirley.
Recorded at Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas.
Engineer: Jared Kvitka.
Studio Technician: Terry Manning.
Additional recording and mix at The Cave, Malibu, CA.
Studio Technician: Brent Spear.
Assistant: James McCullagh.
SSL Duality Technician: Philip Scholes.
Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering, Portland, ME.

Art Direction & Design by Peacock (Stuart Crouch, Andrew Yap, Anthony Dry, Rob Wallis).
Cover Illustration, working drawings and sketches by Melvyn Grant.
Photograph by John McMurtrie.
Background images pages 4/5 and 8/9 by Darkside Animations, background image pages 10/11 by Hangman.

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
Iron Maiden have had ups and downs, but they consistently stuck to their unique style. 2006's A Matter of Life and Death saw a serious departure from that style towards a darker, more progressive sound - it was only a partial success. Unfortunately, Steve Harris and Co. felt encouraged, and decided to go further in their departures. The first 4 songs on The Final Frontier rank among the worst this band has ever committed and most of the time sound nothing like the Iron Maiden everyone knows. Departure from style my ass. If they wanted to depart again, the previous album was the way to do it.

Read more ››
published 16.08.2010 | Comments (255)

Guest review by
Death To Posers
Rating:
It seems like it's become trendy to dislike any music that becomes even somewhat mainstream. I am by no means bitter; I'm guilty of this prejudice quite often. So, when I saw the album votes go the way they did for The Final Frontier I wasn't shocked. But, in all honesty, I thought this album was pretty hard! This is one of Maiden's most successful albums to date and for a damn good reason. While it does sound different from anything they've done before, that doesn't make it worse. Do you really want three albums that sound exactly like Brave New World?

Read more ››
published 18.01.2011 | Comments (46)

Guest review by
omne metallum
Rating:
An album that skirts the title of worst album in Iron Maiden discography by fortune of existing in a world where Dance of Death exists, The Final Frontier is a well-intentioned album that seems stuck on autopilot for the most of its running time, bravely going where the band had not gone before... mediocrity. If you want a quick and concise description of this album, think "The Angel And The Gambler" in seven new guises!

Read more ››
published 15.04.2020 | Comments (2)

Found in 83 lists
Top lists

Comments page 4 / 16

Comments: 471   Visited by: 2534 users
14.07.2010 - 16:44
Rating: 6
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Pap on 14.07.2010 at 14:40

Written by everonn on 13.07.2010 at 13:55

Written by Pap on 12.07.2010 at 11:39

El Dorado is another moderate song for Iron Maiden's huge level... A matter of life and death part 2??? Maybe they should examine the possibility to retire and rename the final frontier to the final recording....Anyway as the front cover says Iron maiden i'm going to buy it and give it a chance but i'm quite pessimist about the outcome

For example, this person may suggest that iron maiden should consider stop recording new albums...
In my opinion this person should stop breathing...:)

And in my opinion you should find a chick because apparently you masturbate too much with the logic outcome to write bullshit to people you don't know. Even better have an iq test and then you will be able to declare yourself as a human experimental model of stupidity

When arguments reach their extreme point. The guy does take Iron Maiden a bit too seriously though.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.07.2010 - 17:14
Rating: 10
everonn

El Dorado is another moderate song for Iron Maiden's huge level... A matter of life and death part 2??? Maybe they should examine the possibility to retire and rename the final frontier to the final recording....Anyway as the front cover says Iron maiden i'm going to buy it and give it a chance but i'm quite pessimist about the outcome

For example, this person may suggest that iron maiden should consider stop recording new albums...

And in my opinion you should find a chick because apparently you masturbate too much with the logic outcome to write bullshit to people you don't know. Even better have an iq test and then you will be able to declare yourself as a human experimental model of stupidity

Hahahhah. Dude...you make me laugh. when i want to masturbate i use several chicks for this )) IQ test? is this your suggestion for a Obsessive-compulsive disordered person? well...i think you should stop existing somehow. Wish you all the bad luck...keep sucking balls.
14.07.2010 - 17:18
everonn
Does this forum has a moderator or something ? maybe he should start deleting some of the posts? starting with my posts)) because this argument got really ugly. I am surprised that nobody's satisfied with the new songs...or nobody tells that the new songs are nice...doesn't change my opinion though...both songs are awesome and the video clip rocks too
14.07.2010 - 23:50
CliffemAll
Written by vezzy on 14.07.2010 at 12:37

Written by CliffemAll on 14.07.2010 at 08:11

The two songs I've heard from this album so far I have not liked. I'm starting to worry...

Same here. Finally got around to listening to them today. "El Dorado" was slightly decent, but I hated "Satellite 15". It just doesn't sound right.

I actually liked "El Dorado" less. It's not terrible or anything...it's just not catchy...at all. The title track had a cool verse, but I've never been a huge fan of choruses that say one line four times and nothing else; "Brave New World" being an exception. I don't doubt that there will be a few really great songs on here, but I wasn't this worried before "A Matter of Life and Death" came out.
15.07.2010 - 12:24
Pap
Written by everonn on 14.07.2010 at 17:14

Hahahhah. Dude...you make me laugh. when i want to masturbate i use several chicks for this )) IQ test? is this your suggestion for a Obsessive-compulsive disordered person? well...i think you should stop existing somehow. Wish you all the bad luck...keep sucking balls.

I m happy because you got my point. The only way to fuck is thinking. Hey have you ever observed that the chick is absent ???? At least you admit that you masturbate all the time, apparently your brain - whatever exists - should be like cement. I wish you the worst and soon to find out what else you can do with your tiny dick as so far you just use your deep and wide asshole
15.07.2010 - 13:45
Rating: 2
RavenKing
Written by everonn on 14.07.2010 at 17:18

Does this forum has a moderator or something ? maybe he should start deleting some of the posts? starting with my posts)) because this argument got really ugly.

Talking of mods, I wonder why they haven't banned you yet. You're probably the most retarded douchebag I ever met on the internet, let alone the blindest Maiden fanboy.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
15.07.2010 - 15:07
everonn
Written by RavenKing on 15.07.2010 at 13:45

Does this forum has a moderator or something ? maybe he should start deleting some of the posts? starting with my posts)) because this argument got really ugly.

Talking of mods, I wonder why they haven't banned you yet. You're probably the most retarded douchebag I ever met on the internet, let alone the blindest Maiden fanboy.

Thank you for your kind words, keep sucking balls. i hope you will die in pain. byes.
15.07.2010 - 15:09
everonn
Written by Pap on 15.07.2010 at 12:24

I m happy because you got my point. The only way to fuck is thinking. Hey have you ever observed that the chick is absent ???? At least you admit that you masturbate all the time, apparently your brain - whatever exists - should be like cement. I wish you the worst and soon to find out what else you can do with your tiny dick as so far you just use your deep and wide asshole

thank you for your wishes. i wish the same for you. i hope that you die in pain.
15.07.2010 - 15:12
everonn

Idiocy...moderate song for huge level. only an idiot may think of such a definition.
15.07.2010 - 15:49
Pap
Written by everonn on 15.07.2010 at 15:09

thank you for your wishes. i wish the same for you. i hope that you die in pain.

Thanks a lot and i hope that you will die during your favorite occupation as a donkey will tear your asshole
15.07.2010 - 15:56
Pap
Written by everonn on 15.07.2010 at 15:12

Idiocy...moderate song for huge level. only an idiot may think of such a definition.

Hahahaha you are talking about idiocy with such a ridiculous name. I can understand that your iq doesn't overpass that of a tomato but just for improving yourself learning something i inform you that this is a manner of speaking which can be used when you want to give emphasis. And a piece of advice, as you ''fuck all'' - according to your name - it would be interesting to try to pee just for once
15.07.2010 - 16:19
Pap

Does this forum has a moderator or something ? maybe he should start deleting some of the posts? starting with my posts)) because this argument got really ugly. I am surprised that nobody's satisfied with the new songs...or nobody tells that the new songs are nice...doesn't change my opinion though...both songs are awesome and the video clip rocks too

Hey you are the same dickhead who posts me. You changed your name and mainly you appear now as girl!!!!! Definitely i have a charisma i guessed from the very start that you are gay and i have already written that to you... And here comes the confirmation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17.07.2010 - 18:46
Rating: 9
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Torolf~Godsmote on 19.05.2010 at 08:13

I fucking hate it when people trash at bands that have been around since before you were suckin yo momma's titties and before yo mamma was sucking your grammas titties *Figure of speech*. Whoever that was who said Maiden sucked in the 90's till now why dont you back your pathetic piece of shit mouth up and try and produse the amazing music that Maiden has. I have one thing to say, Iron Maiden is thee best motherfucking Metal band ever. And btw I agree 100% about what Powerslavex said, because Im going crazy as well. UP THE IRONS FROM CANADA MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wall:

LOL!! I cant agree more man its gonna be great
17.07.2010 - 20:27
Rating: 7
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"fuckyuall" is Everron! What an unbelievable troll. Ban his ass now! lol
19.07.2010 - 10:17
everonn
Written by Powerslavex on 17.07.2010 at 18:46

Written by Torolf~Godsmote on 19.05.2010 at 08:13

I fucking hate it when people trash at bands that have been around since before you were suckin yo momma's titties and before yo mamma was sucking your grammas titties *Figure of speech*. Whoever that was who said Maiden sucked in the 90's till now why dont you back your pathetic piece of shit mouth up and try and produse the amazing music that Maiden has. I have one thing to say, Iron Maiden is thee best motherfucking Metal band ever. And btw I agree 100% about what Powerslavex said, because Im going crazy as well. UP THE IRONS FROM CANADA MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wall:

LOL!! I cant agree more man its gonna be great

It was great, It is great and it will be great.
Pity for the ones who don't understand
19.07.2010 - 10:22
everonn
Written by Pap on 15.07.2010 at 15:49

Written by everonn on 15.07.2010 at 15:09

Thanks a lot and i hope that you will die during your favorite occupation as a donkey will tear your asshole

You will regret the things you say. I am psychic you motherfucker. bad luck will follow you where ever you go.
19.07.2010 - 11:18
lupus
Stop talking, maiden rules forever
19.07.2010 - 15:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by lupus on 19.07.2010 at 11:18

Nope, they stopped ruling after Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.07.2010 - 14:23
RavenKing
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2010 at 15:06

Exactly.
----
22.07.2010 - 21:02
Rating: 4
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Holy shit. It's a shame that this thread has turned into Asshat Central. u_u
23.07.2010 - 09:15
everonn
Written by RavenKing on 20.07.2010 at 14:23

Exactly.

stfu asshole
23.07.2010 - 14:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by everonn on 23.07.2010 at 09:15

Exactly.

stfu asshole

You know it's true. Don't deny it.
----
26.07.2010 - 17:25
Rating: 8
rps
Written by vezzy on 23.07.2010 at 14:04

Written by everonn on 23.07.2010 at 09:15

Exactly.

stfu asshole

You know it's true. Don't deny it.

...that was when Adrian Smith left for over a decade....
04.08.2010 - 21:13
sarahbr11
What do you guys think about the promotional online video game they're starting? I saw a screenshot on FEARnet.com.
05.08.2010 - 19:59
Xtopher
I know how we can settle this arguement.
IRON MAIDEN rules because of the music they have done and because the word metal is a synonym of them.
IRON MAIDEN sucks because the standards they have built within metal now are so high that no album they record this days will top that, mainly because their music isnt as fresh as it was 20 years ago.
if this same album had a different band name everyone would say that its excellent, but because its Maiden, the album isnt that great.

everyone happy?
----
05.08.2010 - 20:20
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Xtopher on 05.08.2010 at 19:59

I know how we can settle this arguement.
IRON MAIDEN rules because of the music they have done and because the word metal is a synonym of them.
IRON MAIDEN sucks because the standards they have built within metal now are so high that no album they record this days will top that, mainly because their music isnt as fresh as it was 20 years ago.
if this same album had a different band name everyone would say that its excellent, but because its Maiden, the album isnt that great.

everyone happy?

Sadly, that is not the case.
----
06.08.2010 - 00:50
RavenKing

I don't share this point of view at all because I believe if a new band came with this stuff it would be pretty much ignored and people would say "this band is not worthy of interest, their music sucks".
But it seems there's a convention among metalheads that "you can't speak against the holy Maiden" and only blasphemers/heretics like Marcel, VezzyRattlehead, me and a few others dare to break this convention.
----
06.08.2010 - 14:36
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by RavenKing on 06.08.2010 at 00:50

I don't share this point of view at all because I believe if a new band came with this stuff it would be pretty much ignored and people would say "this band is not worthy of interest, their music sucks".
But it seems there's a convention among metalheads that "you can't speak against the holy Maiden" and only blasphemers/heretics like Marcel, VezzyRattlehead, me and a few others dare to break this convention.

It's like an unwritten law of metal. Hell, for all I know, there could be a Metal Bible coming at our way.
"Thou shalt kill posers."
"Thou shalt listen to Manowar with thy speakers turned to max."
"Thou shalt not speak against the holy Maiden."
----
06.08.2010 - 20:13
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by RavenKing on 06.08.2010 at 00:50

but if you look at most peoples opinions...they are mostly siding with you.....95% agree maiden was better in the 80's. judging from your posts ive seen on here, you seem to relish in thinking everyone is stupid and only a few people (the chosen? haha) are on your side...when in fact life isnt black and white like that....Most people are in the middle...thinking their stuff now is good or ok. these "maiden fanatics" youre referring to are the exception... not the rule. thats my .02 muthuh fuckuhs!
06.08.2010 - 20:22
Rating: 7
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by JÄY on 06.08.2010 at 20:13
but if you look at most peoples opinions...they are mostly siding with you.....95% agree maiden was better in the 80's. judging from your posts ive seen on here, you seem to relish in thinking everyone is stupid and only a few people (the chosen? haha) are on your side...when in fact life isnt black and white like that....Most people are in the middle...thinking their stuff now is good or ok. these "maiden fanatics" youre referring to are the exception... not the rule. thats my .02 muthuh fuckuhs!

Yep, I think the attitude that if you're not someone who only likes 80's Maiden, you must be a blind maiden fanatic is frankly ludicrous. Most things in life are not that black and white, and that includes attitudes and opinions on bands/music.

Hits total: 66567 | This month: 132