Metal Storm logo
Which Studio Album by Anathema is your favorite?

Original post

Posted by , 25.01.2010 - 19:03
Anethema is one of the most important bands of new sound of Doom metal (after Traditional Doom metal era). Im one of their extreme fans and I respect them so much. Opened this thread to see which album of them are more popular and it will be nice to talk about your reasons to choose it. My vote is "Eternity" cause it was my very first album which I heard about them. and for me "Hope" is one of the most Poematic songs of metal ever (even if its a cover song!)

Poll

Which Studio Album by Anathema is your favorite?

Judgement
Alternative 4
The Silent Enigma
A Natural Disaster
Serenades
Eternity
A Fine Day To Exit

Total votes: 102
16.06.2012 - 20:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Don't listen to Marcel, he knows not what he says
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.06.2012 - 14:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 16.06.2012 at 20:24

Don't listen to Marcel, he knows not what he says

same her eonly DOOM era albums ,r est its crap

This pool shood be title whit of non metal albums from band do you like more
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.06.2012 - 16:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I think Anathema's rock era far surpasses their doom era. I'd give my vote to Judgement - it's their most emotional work in my opinion and features the fewest amount of filler tracks compared to the rest of their discography.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.06.2012 - 20:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.06.2012 at 16:04

I think Anathema's rock era far surpasses their doom era. I'd give my vote to Judgement - it's their most emotional work in my opinion and features the fewest amount of filler tracks compared to the rest of their discography.

I do agree agree even though I enjoy their doom era as well. They evolved immensely as songwriters after that. "Alternative 4" is probably my fav, even though I didn't vote. Even their new album is good, but I bet Marcel would say otherwise.
----

My Instagram
17.06.2012 - 20:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodTears on 17.06.2012 at 20:13

Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.06.2012 at 16:04

I do agree agree even though I enjoy their doom era as well. They evolved immensely as songwriters after that. "Alternative 4" is probably my fav, even though I didn't vote. Even their new album is good, but I bet Marcel would say otherwise.

the newest is their biggest snoozefest ever. My God, mnever thought that music could be this boring
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2012 - 21:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
There you are ahah So you really don't like anything besides their first two albums?
----

My Instagram
17.06.2012 - 21:35
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
WHBWH, thanks
----
rekt
17.06.2012 - 21:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodTears on 17.06.2012 at 21:03

There you are ahah So you really don't like anything besides their first two albums?

The first two full-lengths and first two e.p.'s I like every single second of it. Alternative 4, Eternity and Judgement had some good moments but only moments and after Judgement they really got extremely sleep inducing to become worse with every subsequent release.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.06.2012 - 01:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I actually agree with Marcel in regards to their decline - they seem to meander more and more with each successive release, and their ideas lack the cohesion of their previous efforts. With that said, I still find their standout tracks from their recent material to be worthwhile enough for me to continue checking out their new albums. Even if they only write one really captivating song, that's still one more captivating song than some other bands I follow.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.06.2012 - 02:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 17.06.2012 at 21:03

Noi I hate all new ane besides 1th 2 also wa snot so perfect , somehwo I dont see Anathema can continue doom way, Paradise Lost, katatonia could but didnt this band somply would split up
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.04.2013 - 22:15
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I wish I could change my vote to either Silent Enigma or Judgement. Those two albums are both absolutely amazing.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
15.07.2013 - 19:40
Aristarchos

Silent enigma is the only of their albums I really like.