Metal Storm logo
Worship (Funeral Doom)

17.05.2006 - 16:08
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I just got "Last CD Before Doomsday" and the split with Mournful Congregation and they're awesome releases... this usic is like the perfect soudtrack for death, incredibly cold and ugly sound, extraordinary vocals and a creepy atmosphere...

well, for those who don't know WORSHIP hail from Germany, they ended after their vocalist Fucked Up Mad Max commited suicide jumping off a bridge and they're absolutely recommended for those into the most extreme branch of Doom Metal.
17.05.2006 - 17:24
Damnated
Churchburner
So you got it? I'm sorry, that I couldn't help.

the band is awsome BTW, one of the best funeral acts that I know of. The music is very slow and very cold, like Southern said. I don't agree with the ugly though...
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.05.2006 - 17:25
Southern Wind
Account deleted
hehehe you still can help with other stuff
17.05.2006 - 17:27
Damnated
Churchburner
Pm me then, cuz I'm interested in some of you're stuff to
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.05.2006 - 17:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Sounds good. Any sites, are you on Soulseek?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.05.2006 - 17:54
Damnated
Churchburner
Yes, I am, just give me a PM, cuz I don't have them shared.
----

21.05.2006 - 21:24
ylside
Staff
This thread was moved from the Extreme Metal forum, for genre definition reasons.

The fact that a funeral doom vocalist commits suicide makes me laugh actually
Can you please compare it to another band ? And, does it have growls ?
06.08.2006 - 01:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band

Here are sounds from them http://www.doom-metal.com/bandlist_entry.php?id=201

Thay had ugly names of albums ''Last vinyl before Doomsday'' and Last CD before Doomsday'' I read them lyrics an dthay isnt so poetic how other doom metal bands, I dunno but thay remaind me more death metal hwo doom metal, if I watch album covers and song titles, dunno why, but only song lenght are like doom shood be!
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.08.2008 - 12:09
FOOCK Nam
Dooom is such a excellent and masterpiece of funeral doom. I would recommend it to all funeral doom fan.
03.11.2008 - 03:21
Land Of Doom
Very Wonderful Genre And the best Funeral Doom Metal are Shape Of Despire
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
04.11.2008 - 23:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Awesome, awesome band. Live they were absolutely amazing, really great. And both "Last CD Before Doomsday" and "Dooom" are awesome albums.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.11.2008 - 02:45
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by ylside on 21.05.2006 at 21:24

Can you please compare it to another band ?

Nortt.

If anyone likes this band then buy their demo tape from me. Original 'Last Tape Before Doomsday' that the band self-released. It's even got mad max's scribble on it (seeing as it was his label). Got this from a member of Esoteric so it's not some fake copy.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
13.08.2012 - 23:58
FOOCK Nam
Just checked Last Tape Before Doomsday, the type of recording is different to common but still very good and fit with the music. The music and vocal are quite fitted. Actually I really like this self released. Dooom is very good but Last Tape Before Doomsday is good too, myself can compare them. love both
14.08.2012 - 00:12
RobertNowhere
I need to listen to more funeral doom...i know all about MC, but ill sniff around the blogosphere to check out this Worship crew
----
http://robertnowhere.blogspot.com
14.08.2012 - 00:38
FOOCK Nam
Written by RobertNowhere on 14.08.2012 at 00:12

I need to listen to more funeral doom...i know all about MC, but ill sniff around the blogosphere to check out this Worship crew

Check out Dooom album, I'm sure it highly not dissapointed. All songs are good, very calm cold soothing, especially the song All I Ever Knew Lie Dead...
14.08.2012 - 14:06
Abattoir
Staff
As far as I know they've been working quite hard on their new upcoming full-length (they have already recorded all the guitars). Plus they have announced a several tour dates across Europe with Faal, scheduled for the second half of October. So from this point of view I assume that the album could be released somewhere around that time....
14.08.2012 - 16:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Abattoir on 14.08.2012 at 14:06

So from this point of view I assume that the album could be released somewhere around that time....

Yes, they're releasing their new album in this year only. But, I'm not quite sure about their release date.