10. Endings And Continuations
11. Gateways [Orchestral version] [Limited Edition/iTunes bonus]
12. The Demiurge Molecule [Orchestral version] [iTunes bonus]
13. Dimmu Borgir [Orchestral version] [bonus]
14. Perfect Strangers [Deep Purple cover] [Hot Topic bonus]
15. D.M.D.R. [GGFH cover] [Hot Topic bonus]
+ Gateways [video] [Digipak/Hot Topic bonus]

Additional info
*The Amazon mp3, Rhapsody, eMusic, Napster digital editions include the bonus track:
- Dimmu Borgir (Orchestral version) (05:35)

The Nuclear Blast USA digipak version includes the "Gateways" video clip and the bonus track:

The Nuclear Blast USA vinyl version includes a double gatefold black vinyl version (180 gram) with the bonus track:

The exclusive Hot Topic jewel-case version includes the "Gateways" video clip, and three bonus tracks:
- Perfect Strangers (Deep Purple cover) (04:01)
- D.M.D.R. (GGFH cover)

The Nuclear Blast USA's exclusive, limited-edition webstore version includes a deluxe metal ammo box (hand-numbered and limited to 350 copies) which includes:
- "Abrahadabra" North American deluxe cross digipak version with one bonus track
- Dimmu Borgir belt buckle
- Dimmu Borgir dog tags
- Poster flag
- Exclusive t-shirt

The Nuclear Blast Europe's exclusive, limited-edition webstore version includes:
Shagrath's mask which is embedded in a big replica of the album cover which includes
- A certificate
- A deluxe boxset Digipack with four bonus tracks
- Perfect Strangers (Deep Purple cover) (04:01)
- D.M.D.R. (GGFH cover)
- Gateways (Orchestral version) (5:43)
- Gateways (Enhanced video)

All European CD versions of the album are including the enhanced Gateways video

Produced by Dimmu Borgir
Drums, Shagrath's and Snowy's vocals were recorded with Daniel Bergstrand in Uppsala, Sweden
Guitars, bass and keyboards were recorded in Oslo, Norway with Russ Russell as the engineer
Mixed and mastered in England by Andy Sneap
Cover artwork by Joachim Luetke

Release dates: Germany - September 24; Rest of Europe - September 27; North America - October 12

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
Dimmu Borgir sucks. Dimmu Borgir are sellouts. Dimmu Borgir have a stupid image and idiotic videos. Dimmu Borgir kick members out with no explanation. Dimmu Borgir is only about squeezing cash from stupid kids who are naive enough to buy their albums. They suck, they suck, they suck!

If you believe that any of the above statements are true, you may as well stop reading now. This review will not take into consideration anything other than music. In other words, if you expect a biased review aimed against one of the most popular extreme bands, you'll be better off helping your father cut the lawn or doing dishes for your mum, because you won't find what you're looking for here.

Read more ››
published 23.09.2010 | Comments (129)

Guest review by
Windrider
Rating:
If you like Abrahadabra by Dimmu Borgir you can make two great mistakes like I did. Let me warn you! The first thing is listening to classical music like Mozart or Haydn. It won't take more than a single stroke to realize that all the so-called great orchestrations are simply nothing in comparison to the dead composers. The second big fail is listening to real and raw black metal. To quote the famous snake, if you do something of that, "your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." This album is neither anything of black metal nor of classical compositions.

Read more ››
published 28.01.2011 | Comments (23)

Guest review by
TheH2K
Rating:
Mustis has departed, and no ICS Vortex clean vocals for the first time since 1999. Can Dimmu Borgir escape from the massive attack of the fans this time?

Traditionally, the album starts with an instrumental piece; however, except for some seconds, it is not appealing at all and far away from masterpieces like "Fear And Wonder", "Perfection Or Vanity" or even "Det Nye Riket".

Read more ››
published 04.06.2020 | Comments (0)

Found in 38 lists
Top lists

Comments page 6 / 7

Comments: 205   Visited by: 1852 users
01.10.2010 - 00:50
Kenos
Account deleted
Well, at least it is way better than that complete pile of manure commonly known as "In Sorte Diaboli".

It still sounds somewhat weak, however.
02.10.2010 - 21:35
Black Apep
I meant the voice... i don like their new album...
----
\m/
04.10.2010 - 22:13
Rating: 5
This album rated better than SPIRITUAL BLACK DIMENSIONS? Better than IN SORTE? sorte was a masterpiece compaired to this.
04.10.2010 - 23:28
Rating: 3
necrofeces
At least it didn't rate better than Puritanical, which would probably cause me to drown myself. I don't get it. All excitement squandered upon listening.
04.10.2010 - 23:33
Written by necrofeces on 04.10.2010 at 23:28

At least it didn't rate better than Puritanical, which would probably cause me to drown myself. I don't get it. All excitement squandered upon listening.

totally agree my bru, you can not replace ICS vortex with a choir or the current "clean vocalist". this album was a huge let down, its only stand out song being gateways, both the single and the orchestra version.
06.10.2010 - 13:13
Rating: 7
s_t_s
Wow, it seems that the tracks I have downloaded are NOT from this album (except for Gateways, don't know why). Oddly I love the tracks I have downloaded but I don't know where they come from, a pity because I really want to get this "unknown" album

I'm pretty sure this is Shaggrath singing, but it doesn't seem to be a Ov Hell album either.... You can forget about all I wrote about Abrahadabra since I haven't really listened to it yet
06.10.2010 - 14:07
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by s_t_s on 06.10.2010 at 13:13

Wow, it seems that the tracks I have downloaded are NOT from this album (except for Gateways, don't know why). Oddly I love the tracks I have downloaded but I don't know where they come from, a pity because I really want to get this "unknown" album

Band is The Eternal Suffering. Album: Miasma.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
06.10.2010 - 14:41
s_t_s
Thank you so much for making my day ! The album Miasma by The Eternal Suffering is fucking awesome !!!

check it out here http://www.myspace.com/theeternalsufferingband

Sorry for being out of the subject here, but please check the link, you jaw will fall down !
11.10.2010 - 11:27
Rating: 8
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
Written by s_t_s on 06.10.2010 at 14:41

Thank you so much for making my day ! The album Miasma by The Eternal Suffering is fucking awesome !!!

check it out here http://www.myspace.com/theeternalsufferingband

Sorry for being out of the subject here, but please check the link, you jaw will fall down !

yah they are really great band, for a second i thought that Dimmu Borgir have really released a solid release , still need to lsn to the real Abrahadabra to give my opinino abt it
13.10.2010 - 04:43
BloodFireDeath
This is their best work since 2001
----
Goodspeed on the Devils Thunder
13.10.2010 - 14:34
s_t_s
Well I have listened to Abrahadabra but I still think the choir and orchestra are overwhelming the "real" music. Too much orchestra kills the orchestra... Will keep listening to it until I make a solid opinion tho (in the meantime I have received my copy of The Eternal Suffering CD, great !!!)
18.10.2010 - 18:02
Rating: 9
InsaneMetal
Wow, I can't believe this piece of shi got such a good review. Really, sounds like shit to me.
18.10.2010 - 19:23
Rating: 10
Vonpire

How can, really?????
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk
27.10.2010 - 19:16
SatyriconChick
So far, I've listened to this album three times since getting it. It's good, but definitely not their best. Some songs are more memorable than others. I really like "Born Treacherous" and "Dimmu Borgir" in particular. I think they went WAY over the top with the orchestra, though. It's a bit much. I just can't help but wonder how the album would have sounded had they not kicked out two KEY members.
31.10.2010 - 16:19
Jiri
31.10.2010 - 18:53
JerryNichols
As a power metal fan, I think this album is great. Dimmu has indeed made good music before as well, but this album is their best IMO. The song Dimmu Borgir is a true masterpiece.
01.11.2010 - 15:28
s_t_s
Hmm I still cannot get into it, too much of orchestra and choirs... Is this still a Dimmu Borgir Album or an Orchestra album featuring Dimmu Borgir ? Not telling this is bad, just not fitting my taste. I'll keep up with all their previous albums tho (including In Sorte Diaboli that some people seem to hate for reasons I cannot understand).
04.11.2010 - 01:53
wormdrink414
Elite
What "touch" they had has been lost. They still sound like Dimmu, but a neutered version.
12.11.2010 - 13:40
Immortal SEP
Account deleted
Sounds it like Sympho-Black metal opera. From the beginning I'm it couldn't cause - nip, but in the end it puts listen.
01.12.2010 - 21:46
Rating: 3
Bastard
Boring piece of shit. best track is the intro. then gets worse
----
http://www.myspace.com/bloodwrittenofficial
new album is ready
lookin' for a label
18.12.2010 - 14:21
garmling
Account deleted
IMO their best work to date!!! the only little weaker song is "Renewal" and other complaint goes to that faggy Snowy Shaw vocals (I hate those 'male singing like a female' power metal vocals)...would be happier if that Agnete done them instead or Garm of course!
and I see a lot of people are complaining about firing up Mustis and Simen...well, Simens place is in Arcturus or such insane band, cuz his vocal style simply sounds weird (but I agree his vocals could feat better with this album then Snowy Shaw's) and Musitis...eh I'd always replace an keyboardist for an huge orchestra, cuz Dimmu Borgir always streamed towards symphonic so it's an natural evolution for the 'now richer' band...
16.02.2011 - 18:57
Obaida
Amazing symphonic process, passionate epic and fatal rage .. 10/10
----
If a writer wrote merely for his time,
I would have to break my pen and throw it away ..
21.02.2011 - 13:37
Destructhor
NO COMMENT THE GREATEST EVER!!!
24.02.2011 - 21:55
Vombatus
Potorro
Now that I think about it, wasn't this suppose to be the second part of a trilogy started with ISD ? I remember Silenoz saying something about it on an interview (all that story about a priest that goes evil and kvlt).

Anyway, this is snooze-fest album. Haven't listened to it alot but it's way too generic and sometimes sounds like symphonic power metal with (horrible) harsh vocals, especially on "dimmu borgir"... guitars are SO weak.
24.03.2011 - 09:02
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Somebody plase kill Shaggy... Worst vocalist I've ever heard... Butcher's the album into a million tiny bite sized pieces that nobody wants to eat...
24.03.2011 - 13:30
RavenKing
Shagrath is indeed an awful vocalist. Both suck so bad, I can't decide who between him and Dani Filth is the most atrocious.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.04.2011 - 15:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 23.04.2011 at 10:12

Good album, but underrated by some metallers!!! With snowy shaw n Gerlioz, silenoz n shagrath have made some good black metal!!!

I don't think this is a black metal album, and that probably explains it being "underrated".
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.04.2011 - 17:18
RavenKing
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.04.2011 at 15:18

Written by Guest on 23.04.2011 at 10:12

Good album, but underrated by some metallers!!! With snowy shaw n Gerlioz, silenoz n shagrath have made some good black metal!!!

I don't think this is a black metal album, and that probably explains it being "underrated".

I really don't understand why some people call Dimmu Borgir Black Metal. But I can't help to notice that most of the time they say "I'm not a BM listener but I like Dimmu". It's just like those people who believe that Rhapsody made a few Black Metal songs, only because Lione used semi-harsh vocals here and there. Those people don't know anything about Black Metal.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.04.2011 - 23:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by RavenKing on 23.04.2011 at 17:18

I really don't understand why some people call Dimmu Borgir Black Metal. But I can't help to notice that most of the time they say "I'm not a BM listener but I like Dimmu".

Exactly. While that doesn't restrict bands to genre labels (it would be like me saying I'm not a heavy metal listener but I like Iron Maiden - that doesn't mean Maiden isn't a heavy metal band), but it is a good indicator if a lot of people who don't normally like a certain genre like a band that supposedly fits within said genre. Dimmu are good at what they do - even though I don't like the style - but what they do is not black metal. They were black metal, they are obviously routed in black metal, and a lot of their songs contain black metal elements, but they are not in the pure sense of the definition a black metal band.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.07.2011 - 10:45
Rating: 10
AXA
Awesome nice album i hear it every day 1 time ....
this album must awesome album for all time

Hits total: 52153 | This month: 99