11. Kisses From You [Limited Edition bonus]
12. Never Walk Alone [Japanese bonus]

Additional info
Produced by Roland Grapow.

Staff review by
Susan
Rating:
N/A
I have no words. All I have is a funny little dance that involves massive amounts of air guitar, some air drums, and an amazing Jorn Lande impersonation (seriously amazing). Ok, time to come up with some words after all, since I don't think posting a video of me rocking out will adequately explain Masterplan's Time To Be King.

Read more ››
published 28.07.2010 | Comments (22)

Found in 19 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 33   Visited by: 578 users
03.04.2010 - 11:40
pandator
With Jorn Lande again or what???:P
----
Life is all dynamics
04.04.2010 - 12:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by pandator on 03.04.2010 at 11:40

With Jorn Lande again or what???:P

Yes, Jorn Lande is back in the band! I am a massive fan of Jorn's voice, and of Masterplan when he was in the lineup, so I really cant wait for this new album!
04.04.2010 - 13:07
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yes, me too. If I could only listen to one new album this year, it would probably be this one. Seriously.
04.04.2010 - 18:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.04.2010 at 13:07

Yes, me too. If I could only listen to one new album this year, it would probably be this one. Seriously.

Hmm...if I could only pick one, it would be a tough call between the new Masterplan, new Maiden, and new Nevermore albums!
04.04.2010 - 18:41
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.04.2010 at 18:03

Hmm...if I could only pick one, it would be a tough call between the new Masterplan, new Maiden, and new Nevermore albums!

I'd easily have Masterplan over Iron Maiden and Nevermore - although I am looking forward to these too, haha.
05.04.2010 - 10:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.04.2010 at 18:41
I'd easily have Masterplan over Iron Maiden and Nevermore - although I am looking forward to these too, haha.

Haha, well I can see why you'd be that way! I actually quite enjoyed "MKII", and Mike DeMio was a great singer, but without Jorn, it's like a spark that was previously in the band was no longer there. The chemistry of Roland's music, and Jorn's vocals was unbeatable, and I was so pleased when I heard Jorn had returned to Masterplan. And I hope he never leaves again!
18.04.2010 - 17:16
Rating: 7
Zhao
The Arkaholic
"Far From The End Of The World" is defenitly a gem of power metal, tho the 2nd song on the single doesn't sound too well.. still getting this tho.
06.05.2010 - 22:16
Baz Anderson
Staff
There's samples of the whole album on here:

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Be-King-Masterplan/dp/B003DI3L7A
08.05.2010 - 17:31
Zhao
The Arkaholic
Written by Baz Anderson on 06.05.2010 at 22:16

There's samples of the whole album on here:

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Be-King-Masterplan/dp/B003DI3L7A

When Jorn started to sing on "Time To Be King", I instantly thought "Heal The Waters"?!
14.05.2010 - 01:32
Rating: 8
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Leaked. Great album!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
14.05.2010 - 21:14
Rating: 10
shisha
Finally! Same as always! Great as always!
15.05.2010 - 20:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Woah, just finished listening to the album, and its awesome! Jorn's voice is amazing as usual, and the riffs and melodies are very memorable. Even Roland gets back to playing some great solos again!

My jaw almost hit the floor when I heard the bonus track ''Kisses From You"! It sounds very like the harmonious stuff that Queen used to do, amazing song! xD So glad to have Jorn back where he belongs. Loving Masterplan again! <3
16.05.2010 - 18:52
H-metal
Jorn's back!
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
18.05.2010 - 00:05
whitepawel
It has the same problem as the new Armored Saint had. It is a good album but it's not as good as it should be. And actually, at this moment, it's the worst of all Masterplan albums. I hope I'll hear something more awesome next time guys...

(The title track and "The Dark Road" are the highlights in my opinion)
21.05.2010 - 01:25
opeth771
Written by whitepawel on 18.05.2010 at 00:05

It has the same problem as the new Armored Saint had. It is a good album but it's not as good as it should be. And actually, at this moment, it's the worst of all Masterplan albums. I hope I'll hear something more awesome next time guys...

(The title track and "The Dark Road" are the highlights in my opinion)

It is MUCH better than MKII which was one of the worst albums I had ever heard.

I was pumped when I first heard the 2 new songs they are absolutely brilliant and awesome, so when I gave the album a first listen, I didn't really like it and was very dissapointed. But after giving it a few more listens, I'm actually starting to like it alot!

It is definetely not as good as Aeronautics though... but it's so great to have Jorn back, he is so awesome!
21.05.2010 - 21:27
Baz Anderson
Staff
I've only listened to it twice already but only one song jumped out at me - "Far From The End Of The World".

Maybe it is a little underwhelming - I was expecting more. But maybe it'll grow on me. I don't think I loved "Aeronautics" from the first listen.
21.05.2010 - 22:35
Rating: 9
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Got the same feeling here. Didn't impress me on the first listen, but I hope I'll get to like it with time (it was the same with "Aeronautics"). Although I already do find myself humming "Kisses From You", "Blue Europa", "Far From The End Of The World" or "Under The Moon"
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
22.05.2010 - 02:39
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I like it a lot so far. Not better than Mortal Kombat II (:P) yet.

But since Masterplan's albums usually take a strange long time for me to get into, I'll listen to it more before deciding which is better. ''Far from the end of the world'' sounds nostalgic even thou Its the first time I listen.. XD

Plus.. the Queen cover is awesome...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
27.05.2010 - 16:53
bcapo3
Kisses From You is a cover? Now I understand why it sounds so QUEEN... hahahahaha!! I really like it! The whole album is great!
27.05.2010 - 21:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Kisses From You is not a Queen song. It apparently was written as a tribute to Queen though.
27.05.2010 - 22:52
BlankFile
This band is another with Jorn Lande, off course, theres not even the slightest doubt about that fact! I must say that the Masterplan is back on track! Not that MK II is a bad album, for the contrary. But imagine it with the voice of Jorn Lande... It would be another masterpiece of Masterplan!
Time to be King is awsome!! Im loving it!!!
27.05.2010 - 22:55
BlankFile
Highlights of the cd for me so far: Fiddle of Time, Time to Be King, Blow Your Winds, Far From the End of the World, Lonely Winds of War, The Dark Road and Blue Europa and Kisses From You (Tribute song to Queen?). But the rest of the album is absolutly amazing! Im Loving every songs! Masterplan is back with "the voice" Jorn Lande!
31.05.2010 - 18:37
Zhao
The Arkaholic
A bit dissapointing, expected something better, it ended up being about the same level as Aeronautics without Uli.
10.06.2010 - 23:07
Baz Anderson
Staff
I still really don't know what to think about it. I would love to love it like the first two albums, but I have listened to it countless times now and it just hasn't clicked. It sounds like a good album, and I still love "Far From The End Of The World", but the rest still seems to go over my head.
13.06.2010 - 10:57
Rating: 8
Guiga268
"Far From The End Of The World" is so similar to "Kind Hearted Light" from their first album, maybe thats why everyone likes it .
The album is good, not their best definetly, but with some good songs, but i expected a bit better with the return of Jorn Lande. Havent listened to it a lot yet so i hope it will grow on me.
14.06.2010 - 00:39
Hrothdane
Masterplan albums take awhile to grow on me, but they are always worth it imo. I'm gonna give this albums some time.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
16.06.2010 - 14:21
Starchild
Great album! Like Hrothdane said, album take while to grow on listener, but after few times you heard it, Time to be King becomes MASTERPIECE!!
Give this album a chance. So far the best album of the year for me.
23.06.2010 - 22:57
Rating: 6
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I think i join the general consensus hear (but with a somewhat lower score) in saying this is kind of an average album. Not really bad, if not only for Jorn's singing, but nothing all that spectacular outside of "Far From The End Of The World" which as Baz said, is similar to "Kind Hearted Light"
21.09.2010 - 04:35
mgroulx
Just a big WoW...great album.
30.12.2010 - 11:23
Kropy
Musicianship: 10
Vocal: 9
Atmosphere: 8
Melody: 9
Originality: 8