Metal Storm logo
Gravdal (Nor)

13.04.2010 - 11:36
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I did a search on this forum,in both title and subject content, as well as the entire site and to my surprise, there is not one mention of this band...that can't be accurate(?!)

I'm sure fellow Gorgoroth and Shining fans have heard of Gravdal by now, especially since the latter of the three are currently doing a mini European tour with Gorgoroth.
For those who some how have not heard of this band, their first album entitled "Sadist" was released in 2008 and, they are scheduled to release their debut follow up (Torturmantra) in the Spring of 2010. However, this past Sunday, April 11 in Paris, France advanced copies of the album were released. Btw, the band is linked with Shining because, Kvarforth appears on their new release on the track "Mishandlet".

Personally, I think "Sadist" is a superb album that redeems modern black metal at long last. A very talented group that offers some thing a bit different, while keeping true to the heart of black metal; they display that Norwegian black metal still kicks fucking ass!

http://www.myspace.com/gravdal to check our tracks from their upcoming release, "Sadist" and their demo.
14.05.2010 - 02:04
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
You guys don't know what you're missing. Precisely one month after the original post, I've their debut follow up "Torturmantra" and it's a very solid album.
15.05.2010 - 15:21
Krankheit
Account deleted
Saw them as a support band at a Taake gig in 2007. For me at that time they was just an average bm band. Maybe I should give Gravdal a new listen.
17.05.2010 - 13:32
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Must have been a good show, I wish some good Scandinavian bands would actually come to Canada or the US.

Both Sadist and Torturmantra are quite a bit better than their demo stuff. Definitely worth a listen on their myspace page Krankheit.
28.05.2010 - 12:55
Lord Neithan
Written by Guest on 15.05.2010 at 15:21

Saw them as a support band at a Taake gig in 2007. For me at that time they was just an average bm band. Maybe I should give Gravdal a new listen.

Well maybe yeah... The first album 'Sadist' was pretty much straight-forward black metal, yet new album 'Torturmantra' is a different cup up tea with much more complicated song structures...
----
staring at tits is like staring at the sun: if it is more than just a glimpse look it will get you into trouble!
23.07.2010 - 19:10
neo_torment
LoL ... from Bergen, with a funny myspace-profile. Well, I gave it a listen too, thouh I havew to tell you, it's not worth the bother -- to support those weirdos. The first one, who leaves the band for being replaced, if thy should decide to keep it going, will be the drummer, I guess ...