Metal Storm logo
Narnia - Call It Quits

Swedish metallers Narnia have issued the following update on their MySpace blog:

"Some of you may have heard rumors, and some of You may be surprised by what you're about to read. We confirm today that we're facing the end of the journey of this band. We want to thank all our fans, friends and our families who stood behind us all the time. Thank You for believing.

The decision was made around new-year 09/10. It's time to move on. Music business is tough, and it's getting tougher every day. But it's also the greatest business to be in thanks to the crowds and the people we've met along this long road. Thank You for sharing Your stories and for letting our music and message be a part of You lives.

Last summer, after a concert, a guy around the age of 20-25 walked up to me, thanked me for the show and said "I listened a lot to you guys when I was a kid" (...and I thought we were still kids...hey, wake up).

To celebrate this long journey we will do one more concert that will serve as the Grand Finale of Narnia.

The event has been chosen with great care and we hope to announce this... soon.

Stay tuned, God bless...over and out."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Posted: 17.04.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 116 users
17.04.2010 - 22:00
TheBigRossowski

There was a band called Narnia...holy fuck. I did not know that...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
17.04.2010 - 22:16
Symmachus

It sucks that Narnia isn't active anymore. Come to think of it, I haven't heard much from their camp recently, so it's not as surprising as other instances. I decided to listen to them now. RIP Narnia.
18.04.2010 - 00:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
No big loss.
----
18.04.2010 - 00:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by TheBigRossowski on 17.04.2010 at 22:00

Glad to read that I'm not the only one with the exact same reaction.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.04.2010 - 04:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Warman on 18.04.2010 at 00:00

No big loss.

My spirits are always dampened when news of a band's demise reaches me, even if it's a Christian power metal outfit. All musicians do is sacrifice so we can appreciate their music, so whether or not they were appealing or commercial is irrelevant; what matters is that the world lost another group of artists and they deserve nothing but respect for their years in service.

Not to start an argument or anything, I just think musicians deserve slightly more respect than being laughed at when deciding to stop doing what they love.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.04.2010 - 00:37
Elodie Artour
Slania
I didn't know there was such a band either. Haha.

However, this statement isn't funny at all. I hope that all guys of the gang will find their ways out of Narnia. Like every other industry, music business seems to be tough enough for many singers and musicians. Therefore, they often call it quits after a while. That is why we (fans) should support our favourite acts as much as we can!

I wish Narnia good luck in the future!

P.S.: You're absolutely right, Troy. One should be able to respect artists no matter what kind of music (or other stuff) they actually do.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
19.04.2010 - 04:54
LeoBozzano

Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.04.2010 at 00:50

Written by TheBigRossowski on 17.04.2010 at 22:00

Glad to read that I'm not the only one with the exact same reaction.

I know the band, but for me, only one music is worth of the whole band discography. "Living Water". Search in youtube, they are playing Living Water live.:metal:
----
"The evil that man do lives on."

Hits total: 2704 | This month: 4