‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Users visited: 363  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Paladin on 18.04.2010 at 01:12
I think it is not good.it is better that female vocalist sing in symphonic metal.not like arch enemy vocal in death.I think female vocalist cannot broadcast anger of metal.

Page 10 of 10

deadone
has a mangina

21.04.2015 at 03:30
Written by Guib on 21.04.2015 at 03:26

I completely agree with you, though I always found that Angela had quite aggressive vocals, but w/e let's not debate on that haha.

I think Angela was fine for Arch Enemy and I think she's done more for girls in metal than the Nightwishes and Within Temptations and Lacuna Coils which promote crappy stereotypes of pretty things who sing pretty.
Mattybu

21.04.2015 at 06:06
Written by deadone on 21.04.2015 at 03:23

And then very often the press and the fans themselves talk about the hottest chick in metal. Fuck what century do we live in?

A century like every other one of human existence where men consider attractiveness when they look at women. I don't see anything wrong with talking about that. There's a thread about it on here too.

A lot of women fiend over sexy guys in metal as well and I've never heard of that being criticized before.
deadone
has a mangina

21.04.2015 at 06:20
Written by Mattybu on 21.04.2015 at 06:06

A century like every other one of human existence where men consider attractiveness when they look at women. I don't see anything wrong with talking about that. There's a thread about it on here too.

A lot of women fiend over sexy guys in metal as well and I've never heard of that being criticized before.

Nothing wrong with physical attraction (I like having a regulation glance at hot girls just like anyone else).

The problem is the constant sexualisation of female singers by fans and the media. And many female singers themselves promote this with sexy outfits and photo shoots (complete with extreme airbrushing to make them look more beautiful) - look at Christina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) or Simone SImmons (Epica) who are particularly prominent examples of sexualisation of women in metal..

In essence they're applying the same sleazy elements that dominate pop music.

Basically the women are often eye candy and have melodic sugary voices to match. It's completely against the metal ethos which is nominally against such low level attempts at marketing and an ethos that nominally supports equality.

As for girls discussing sexy metal guys, it doesn't happen as much (even taking into account lower proportion of female metal fans). E.g. most of the girls here focus on the bands and performances, not physical appearance of band members.
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

21.04.2015 at 11:16
Written by deadone on 21.04.2015 at 03:23

Written by Guib on 20.04.2015 at 17:44

Also I don't agree with the first post ''I think female cannot broadcast anger of metal'', O.o ?? Are you serious ? I mean
Angela Gossow sounded pretty angry in Arch Enemy and so does Sabina in Holy Moses... anyways.

It's a damning inditement on the chauvinistic nature of metal that when females started entering the genre en masse, it was as pretty things with pretty vocals

Probably why Sinergy were never as big as they should have been Kimberly Goss didn't sing and look pretty enough.
----
"Sex with a supermodel for the rest of your life, or remain the sidekick of a psychotic harp seal? Which would you choose?"

Go the Sharks!
Bad English
Masterchief

23.04.2015 at 11:33
Written by deadone on 21.04.2015 at 03:30

Written by Guib on 21.04.2015 at 03:26

I completely agree with you, though I always found that Angela had quite aggressive vocals, but w/e let's not debate on that haha.

I think Angela was fine for Arch Enemy and I think she's done more for girls in metal than the Nightwishes and Within Temptations and Lacuna Coils which promote crappy stereotypes of pretty things who sing pretty.

1th BW was diferent pure gothic, mid 90's stuff when true gothic metal and gothic doom was underground, real, when male and female vox was mixed old ToT, Flowing Tears Abd Whitered Flowers etc
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]

Login or register to post here.