Metal Storm logo
Do you know about my country?

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 17:39
SO, the idea of this tread would be something similar to the late 'The Rest Of The World' s,: say something about your country, where it is, some history, and something you find important saying. I'm going to post about my country, but not right now.
23.01.2010 - 11:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I could write a paragraph but this video did it already for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCf8NWJ8kzA&feature=player_embedded
15.06.2010 - 07:04
USA

I live in the inland western US around some great mountains, I cant say much about the other states but California and Nevada have beautiful wilderness and very laid back attitudes.
everyone I know including myself are avid hikers or enjoy outdoor sports/recreation and there are alot of artists/musicians around.
15.06.2010 - 10:32
Sgur Uaran
I'm Canadian
Essentially the first european settlement was in newfoundland, in the 10th century when vikings founded a small settlement. they were eventually kicked out by the natives. Later in the 17th century, the french settled in what is now Quebec. the british decided they wanted the territory, so waged a war against the french and conquered, claiming canada as part of the british empire. In 1775 the americans tried to invade canada, but had their asses handed to them by the english/canadian armies. On july 1, 1867, Canada became a country of its own. Canada fought in both world wars and Korea, claiming great victories in battles such as Vimy Ridge, Juno beach, the liberation of the netherlands, and kapyong. Today Canada still has close ties to britain, and the Queen is our official head of state, but we are a completly independent country.

Theres a hell of alot of things i left out, but frankly i'm lazy, and alittle drunk. so i'll get around to it later.
15.06.2010 - 10:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sgur Uaran on 15.06.2010 at 10:32

I'm Canadian
Essentially the first european settlement was in newfoundland, in the 10th century when vikings founded a small settlement. they were eventually kicked out by the natives. Later in the 17th century, the french settled in what is now Quebec. the british decided they wanted the territory, so waged a war against the french and conquered, claiming canada as part of the british empire. In 1775 the americans tried to invade canada, but had their asses handed to them by the english/canadian armies. On july 1, 1867, Canada became a country of its own. Canada fought in both world wars and Korea, claiming great victories in battles such as Vimy Ridge, Juno beach, the liberation of the netherlands, and kapyong. Today Canada still has close ties to britain, and the Queen is our official head of state, but we are a completly independent country.

Theres a hell of alot of things i left out, but frankly i'm lazy, and alittle drunk. so i'll get around to it later.

Disagree Viking armor, veapons and battlke tecniqe was better how indians,
Egil Skalagrimsson, Eric the Red, Leif Ericsson... I just saw some TV show that pope know about new lands what vikings foiund but it was kept in silance , just woundering what would be hepen if Europians go there soem senturies faster, even road was hard, Iceland-Grandland part was hard and long.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.06.2010 - 10:47
The Turbanator
Malaysia

Nothing special here. Just hot weather and good beaches.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
15.06.2010 - 10:49
Sgur Uaran
Written by Bad English on 15.06.2010 at 10:39

Written by Sgur Uaran on 15.06.2010 at 10:32

I'm Canadian

Disagree Viking armor, veapons and battlke tecniqe was better how indians,
Egil Skalagrimsson, Eric the Red, Leif Ericsson... I just saw some TV show that pope know about new lands what vikings foiund but it was kept in silance , just woundering what would be hepen if Europians go there soem senturies faster, even road was hard, Iceland-Grandland part was hard and long.

The vikings were definatly, evidence has been found of a settlement. but i agree that vikings definatly had far better weapons and tactics, but they were greatly out numbered. there were less than 100 vikings, and thousands of natives
check this out if you're interested- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Anse_aux_Meadows
16.06.2010 - 15:26
Kennoth
I'm too hungry for this. I'm in a deep mainland part of Croatia called Slavonia (far East)

98% of the foreign tourists that come to our country will not go anywhere near it. And I can't say that I blame them.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
16.06.2010 - 15:42
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Kennoth on 16.06.2010 at 15:26

I'm too hungry for this. I'm in a deep mainland part of Croatia called Slavonia (far East)

98% of the foreign tourists that come to our country will not go anywhere near it. And I can't say that I blame them.

So I'm guessing that cool park with turquoise coloured lakes also isn't near your place...
16.06.2010 - 15:59
Kennoth
Are you perhaps referring to Plitvička Jezera? (Plitvica Lakes)

If so, then no
----
16.06.2010 - 16:44
Ragana
Rawrcat
Yep. I couldn't remember the name.
Sad. Looks nice in pictures, even nicer than the sea... but I doubt I'd go there because of the sea anyway.
16.06.2010 - 20:08
Kennoth
The only thing of notable interest near to where I'm at is Kopački Rit, big, swamped, park area which has a lot of animal and vegetable species

I've been to Plitvica Lakes, on an occasion, it's alright
----
16.06.2010 - 20:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kennoth on 16.06.2010 at 15:59

Are you perhaps referring to Plitvièka Jezera? (Plitvica Lakes)

If so, then no

Pelinkovaè, vine, BBB-Torcida(on TV of corse), DUBROVNIK, Krk, Mediterainia, Split, ilands, pivo bets thinks to go there hehehhe
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2010 - 20:33
Kennoth
Written by Bad English on 16.06.2010 at 20:27

If so, then no

Pelinkovaè, vine, BBB-Torcida(on TV of corse), DUBROVNIK, Krk, Mediterainia, Split, ilands, pivo bets thinks to go there hehehhe

Hve you ever been to Croatia?
----
16.06.2010 - 20:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kennoth on 16.06.2010 at 20:33

Written by Bad English on 16.06.2010 at 20:27

If so, then no

Hve you ever been to Croatia?

Nop but wanna go
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2010 - 20:37
Kennoth
Written by Bad English on 16.06.2010 at 20:34

Nop but wanna go

I'm sure u'll fit in lol. Don't forget to visit the Hajduk - Dinamo matches
----
16.06.2010 - 20:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kennoth on 16.06.2010 at 20:37

Written by Bad English on 16.06.2010 at 20:34

Nop but wanna go

I'm sure u'll fit in lol. Don't forget to visit the Hajduk - Dinamo matches

No way I wanna live not die ,
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2010 - 20:50
Kennoth
Written by Bad English on 16.06.2010 at 20:42

Nicely said haha. Between you and me, I find most of that lot a brainless losers that have no better things to do than to demolish and fistfight in the name of their little football club.

Which is mostly just an excuse anyway.
----
16.06.2010 - 20:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kennoth on 16.06.2010 at 20:50

Written by Bad English on 16.06.2010 at 20:42

Nicely said haha. Between you and me, I find most of that lot a brainless losers that have no better things to do than to demolish and fistfight in the name of their little football club.

Which is mostly just an excuse anyway.

I agree
----

apos;'
[image]
17.06.2010 - 02:46
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Since i'm half Egyptian - half Italian, i'd have to talk about both countries, but lets start with Egypt as it is where i live right now;

+ Egypt is a country in North Africa, area: 1,000,000 sq.m , population: 85,000,000

+ It is the link between Africa and Asia, actually a part of Egypt (Sinai peninsula) lies in Asia.

+ 97% of Egyptian lands are inhabitable deserts, with only 3% of its 1,000,000 sq.m holding 85,000,000 people, more than 25,000.000 of them live in one city, Cairo.

+ Egypt has the Suez Canal, which is the water passage linking the Mediterranean sea to the Red Sea, and is the "shortcut" water passage rather than circling all around Africa.

+ a little history: 7000 years ago Egyptian civilization started when Egyptians settled around the banks of the Nile river, and as the Egyptian empire grew larger, Egypt, Sudan, part of Libya, Palestine (Israel), Jordan, Syria, and part of Saudi Arabia were at some point Egyptian lands. Egypt was 'pwnd' after that by Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Turks, French, British, Israeli, and finally Iraqi people immigrating to Egypt after the recent war ....

+ Egypt is was known for its quality cotton, its beautiful desert landscapes, and its traditional markets and skillfully crafted artifacts.

+ Egypt now is known for its Dictator president, its polluted capital (ranks 1st globally), and for having your underwear stolen while you walk in its streets.

+ oh, and for winning the CAF football cup each year yet never qualifying to the world cup.

next post would be about my second home country, Italia .
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
17.06.2010 - 11:56
Ragana
Rawrcat
Quote:
and for having your underwear stolen while you walk in its streets.

Omg. How that can happen?
17.06.2010 - 15:20
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Zombie on 17.06.2010 at 02:46

Since i'm half Egyptian - half Italian, i'd have to talk about both countries, but lets start with Egypt as it is where i live right now;

And this is exactly what we studied in ninth grade Geography here in Syria
Damn. this brings bad memories
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
18.06.2010 - 02:23
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Ragana on 17.06.2010 at 11:56

Quote:

you're more than welcomed to visit Egypt and try for yourself !!

Written by InnerSelf on 17.06.2010 at 15:20

And this is exactly what we studied in ninth grade Geography here in Syria
Damn. this brings bad memories

see, i can be your geography teacher .. btw, we studied Syria's geography also in grade 9 or 8... but i dont remember a thing about that (except that its capital is Damascus .. or was it Aleppo ?) .. dammit ! lol
----

22.06.2010 - 17:19
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Zombie on 18.06.2010 at 02:23

Quote:

How do ya' know there would be anything to steal in a really hot day...
23.06.2010 - 02:18
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Ragana on 22.06.2010 at 17:19

Written by Zombie on 18.06.2010 at 02:23

Quote:

How do ya' know there would be anything to steal in a really hot day...

i think we're getting a bit off topic but you could easily know if she's wearing a bra or not ... however, panties are a bit tricky but still you can know if she's wearing or not.. but only for the "trained" eye hehe
----

23.06.2010 - 15:44
Kennoth
And you would be that trained eye, wouldn't you?
----
24.06.2010 - 02:38
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Kennoth on 23.06.2010 at 15:44

And you would be that trained eye, wouldn't you?

nope, i'm the magical eye i can pop up a bra just by looking at it
----

26.06.2010 - 19:37
Ragana
Rawrcat
Myeeea, right. Keep dreaming.
26.06.2010 - 22:58
Ernis
็‹ผ็พ
Written by Ragana on 26.06.2010 at 19:37

You can't imagine what miracles photographic/video thinking can develop : )
27.06.2010 - 01:51
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Ernis on 26.06.2010 at 22:58

Written by Ragana on 26.06.2010 at 19:37

You can't imagine what miracles photographic/video thinking can develop : )

Haha.. yeah exactly !! ... anyways the 'magical eye' is always of service
----

01.07.2010 - 17:25
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Cyprus
A fucked up island, the "Whore of Mediterranean" as we say, coz everybody came here and "raped" us. Firstly the Greeks, and after all the others, Egyptians, Phoenix, Arabs, Venetians, Galatians, English and of course the most recent rapers, Turkish. Imagine that in this small island we have 4 different armies. Cypriot Army, Turkish Troops, English Army Bases, and Greek Army.
Anyway, fuck them all, CYPRUS BELONGS ONLY TO ITS MUFLONS!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...