Metal Storm logo
Do you know about my country?

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 17:39
SO, the idea of this tread would be something similar to the late 'The Rest Of The World' s,: say something about your country, where it is, some history, and something you find important saying. I'm going to post about my country, but not right now.
01.07.2010 - 21:08
Ragana
Rawrcat
Muflons? What about wild donkeys?
01.07.2010 - 22:25
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Written by Ragana on 01.07.2010 at 21:08

Muflons? What about wild donkeys?

haha, Cypriot Muflon its a special sub specie, that exist only in Cyprus, in comparison with wild donkeys that its not a Cypriot different specie ;p
But if u are not convinced yet we can say that "Cyprus belongs only to its Muflons and its Donkeys as well" !
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
01.07.2010 - 23:53
Ragana
Rawrcat
Yea but those donkeys have their own territory so I just thought they're kinda special too.
02.07.2010 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by VaronoZz on 01.07.2010 at 17:25

Cyprus
A fucked up island, the "Whore of Mediterranean" as we say, coz everybody came here and "raped" us. Firstly the Greeks, and after all the others, Egyptians, Phoenix, Arabs, Venetians, Galatians, English and of course the most recent rapers, Turkish. Imagine that in this small island we have 4 different armies. Cypriot Army, Turkish Troops, English Army Bases, and Greek Army.
Anyway, fuck them all, CYPRUS BELONGS ONLY TO ITS MUFLONS!

Yoo forgot about Omonia and APOEL and Gate 9 and Gate 11 xaxaxxaxaxa and also forgot about raki
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.07.2010 - 05:50
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Written by Bad English on 02.07.2010 at 00:06

Cyprus
A fucked up island, the "Whore of Mediterranean" as we say, coz everybody came here and "raped" us. Firstly the Greeks, and after all the others, Egyptians, Phoenix, Arabs, Venetians, Galatians, English and of course the most recent rapers, Turkish. Imagine that in this small island we have 4 different armies. Cypriot Army, Turkish Troops, English Army Bases, and Greek Army.

Yoo forgot about Omonia and APOEL and Gate 9 and Gate 11 xaxaxxaxaxa and also forgot about raki

Dont ever mention apoel here! Fuck apoel neonazis!
OMONOOIAAA MYY SIICKNEEESSS U MAAAKE MEE CRAAZZYYY

Not Raki! Our drinks are Zivania(very strong) and Coummandaria (sweet wine)
i can send u one Zivania to test, and tell me!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
02.01.2012 - 19:19
Written by Bad English on 02.07.2010 at 00:06

Cyprus

raki is cretan , man
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
02.01.2012 - 21:13
Metal_4Ever
...Syria
06.01.2012 - 15:29
...Mauritius. Paradise island, according to Mark Twain. Corruption island, according to me.
06.01.2012 - 18:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Since I'm not a Balkan ultranationalist militant who watches Slavi's Show every night, I gotta say people can't tell that I'm a Bulgarian, despite being, you know, fucking born in Bulgaria and having fluency in my mother tongue that far exceeds that of my peers [pseudointellectual egotist], I still have what people think is an English accent.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
26.01.2012 - 01:27
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Lupas on 19.05.2006 at 17:17

Before i give you histroy of my country, how many of you do you know where is MALTA ?

I have some interest in that .

South of Sicily in the Mediterranean. I know where every country is. And i didnt just look at a map btw, I study geography in my spare time, and have memorized every nation in the world and where it lies.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.01.2012 - 01:55
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I am from Central Coast California. California Coast has a very rich counter culture(except for metal unfortunately) and the coastline is beautifall. We have many artists, photographers, musicians, athletes and a shitload of famous people.

heres a list of what makes CA special
-LA; world capitol of cinema, world capitol of the skateboarding industry.
-Silicone Valley; one of the world leaders in technology(Apple, Netflix etc.)
-Largest Trees in the World; Sequoia
-Tallest Trees in the World; Redwoods(i live a minute away from)
-Oldest Trees in the World; Bristlecone Pine
-Tallest Mt. in the contiguous USA; Mt. Whitney
-Lowest elevation in entire USA; Death Valley
-YOSEMITE!
-San Francisco

That being said we are being hit incredibly hard by the recession currently, more so than most states. We have a huge deficit and our education system is crumbling. It is incredibly hard to find a job here and its getting harder and harder to get a college degree, classes are filled within a few days of signups.

As for history.. well westerners only started settling here a couple hundred years ago, and when they did they wiped out and erased nearly all the natives history, so not much history to see here.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
31.01.2012 - 01:38
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by AngelofDeth on 26.01.2012 at 01:27

Written by Lupas on 19.05.2006 at 17:17

Before i give you histroy of my country, how many of you do you know where is MALTA ?

South of Sicily in the Mediterranean. I know where every country is. And i didnt just look at a map btw, I study geography in my spare time, and have memorized every nation in the world and where it lies.

I've never understood how is it possible to not know at least an approximate location of some country. it's not quantum physics, just the basics of geography...
31.01.2012 - 02:05
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 31.01.2012 at 01:38

I've never understood how is it possible to not know at least an approximate location of some country. it's not quantum physics, just the basics of geography...

That's a nice game...

http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq

When it comes to sub-Saharan Africa, Pacific islands and the vastness of Russia, I admit, I'm lost... Riga and Tallinn are considered "hard level" towns...
31.01.2012 - 02:17
Ragana
Rawrcat
Cool game. pretty challenging considering the size of that map though.
nevertheless, finding capital cities on a map is indeed rather hard 'cause then one must know the geography of a particular country, but countries - no way.

//I think it's easy to find Riga on a map. it's definitely harder with Tallinn.
31.01.2012 - 18:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 31.01.2012 at 02:17

Cool game. pretty challenging considering the size of that map though.
nevertheless, finding capital cities on a map is indeed rather hard 'cause then one must know the geography of a particular country, but countries - no way.

//I think it's easy to find Riga on a map. it's definitely harder with Tallinn.

It was the closest I got... only 21 km mistake. Then again, Estonia is so tiny that some actually say that Tallinn=Estonia. Now Russia, US, Australia and other large countries are a problem. If you get a random town name, it's hard to get it right considering the country is huge and you're not sure of the exact location...
For example US... I know what's on the east coast and west coast but what's in between, is a mess for me. I completely understand that many people from the US don't have any idea about European countries and capitals. They've got enough work to memorise their own geography...
31.01.2012 - 20:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

Well... I suck at geography when it comes to countries like Malta. But what REALLY baffles me is that Lucas asked in a forum.... Before, you know... google it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
31.01.2012 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 31.01.2012 at 20:02

Well... I suck at geography when it comes to countries like Malta. But what REALLY baffles me is that Lucas asked in a forum.... Before, you know... google it.

heheeh man its easy I dunno maybe Im sucked on grammer and typing and otyherthings but never in geo
Do you know where is located Gotland och det svensk är jävlit kånstight at färstör (thair dialect is damn weird )
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.01.2012 - 20:43
Ernis
狼獾

Asked what?

Written by Bad English on 31.01.2012 at 20:16

och det svensk är jävlit kånstight at färstör (thair dialect is damn weird )

But the Swedes are... don't make me attempt to get the meaning by creating a proto-Indogermanic reconstructum here... what does jävlit kånstight at färstör mean?

Yep, I know Gotland. Should be the largest island of Sweden. The historical town of Visby should be situated there.
31.01.2012 - 20:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ernis on 31.01.2012 at 20:43

Asked what?

Quote:

My mistake, it was Lupas, not Lucas and he asked back in 2006
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.02.2012 - 17:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Oh come on, Malta is really easy. You should try pinpointing the Comoros Islands on the map, as in level 10 on that travel IQ game.

For the world version of the game I got to level 11 and IQ 131, it gets really hard after that and the Pacific countries are a bit of a bitch.
01.02.2012 - 22:59
vezzy
Stallmanite
Addicting little game there.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.02.2012 - 21:07
byng
Account deleted
The Philippines is an archipelago (group of islands), located in South East Asia, so we call ourselves Asians but not all of us look like Chinese. Most of us are of Spanish descent that's why we've bigger eyes than most asians. Some Filipinos speak 90% Spanish. Most people don't know that such country exists but among boxing fans, Manny 'Pacman' Paqiuao is popular.
15.02.2012 - 12:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Romania is one of those countries in between just getting out of the communist mess and in the EU with full rights. The economic situation has been going slightly downhill since 2008 (when it was the country with the fastest GDP growth in all the EU), and now people are finally realising that if boiling point is reached, they have the power to protest against our incredibly corrupt and dehumanized politicians (who somehow get rotation in being voted every other 4-5 years). Unfortunately most people in the countryside are still uneducated and will vote for the party who gives them the most free food during elections. The educational and medical system have been steadily going downhill but at least there's still potential for growth.

People are generally nice and hospitable, especially to foreigners (tourists have become more common over the past few years but still not an everyday occurence), but racism is a big problem and gypsies are extremely harshly discriminated against, especially when it comes to news about gypsies begging in other EU countries, falsely assuming that ethnic Romanians are all law-abiding citizens abroad instead (hell, even I rode the Berlin and Copenhagen subways without a ticket). People also like to make jokes about other nationalities (the French are cowards, the Italians are lazy, Scotsmen are cheap, Germans are nazis) but get extremely offended when they hear jokes about Romanians being beggars, thieves, or vampires, and get on their little portable pulpit to start preaching that not all are like that (in that case, not all French like to surrender either, not all Germans are/were nazis, etc.) when some of the jokes they make are equally hurtful and inapropriate.

Overall I don't really like the society here.
17.02.2012 - 10:39
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 14.02.2012 at 21:07

The Philippines is an archipelago (group of islands), located in South East Asia, so we call ourselves Asians but not all of us look like Chinese. Most of us are of Spanish descent that's why we've bigger eyes than most asians. Some Filipinos speak 90% Spanish. Most people don't know that such country exists but among boxing fans, Manny 'Pacman' Paqiuao is popular.

I know you guys, of course lol, basket ball there also is famous : )
17.02.2012 - 17:43
byng
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 17.02.2012 at 10:39

Hahahaha...That's because you're from Vietnam (if you're really from Vietnam). Yeah, Filipinos like to play basketball though we lack in height so some are trying to urge kids to play soccer instead. It's becoming more and more popular here now. David Beckham and the rest of LA Galaxy played against Philippine Azkals a few months ago. Of course, LA Galaxy won 6-1.
27.02.2012 - 22:39
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 17:43

Written by FOOCK Nam on 17.02.2012 at 10:39

Hahahaha...That's because you're from Vietnam (if you're really from Vietnam). Yeah, Filipinos like to play basketball though we lack in height so some are trying to urge kids to play soccer instead. It's becoming more and more popular here now. David Beckham and the rest of LA Galaxy played against Philippine Azkals a few months ago. Of course, LA Galaxy won 6-1.

ooops sorry, replying late. Im really from Vietnam. I think Philippines is more famous than my country with a lot attention from the world on since Abu Sayaff (I spell xD..), and Arroyo is famous female president. You guys having name in Spanish, I saw before in Seagames. At that time Philippines was weak at soccer, but recently you guys have progressed a lot, even East Timor, can be foreigner players imported reason.

Once I was told Philippines has very best professional basket ball scene in Southeast Asia... btw is Manny Pacquiao Spanish name ?
28.02.2012 - 05:17
byng
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

ooops sorry, replying late. Im really from Vietnam. I think Philippines is more famous than my country with a lot attention from the world on since Abu Sayaff (I spell xD..), and Arroyo is famous female president. You guys having name in Spanish, I saw before in Seagames. At that time Philippines was weak at soccer, but recently you guys have progressed a lot, even East Timor, can be foreigner players imported reason.

Once I was told Philippines has very best professional basket ball scene in Southeast Asia... btw is Manny Pacquiao Spanish name ?

Yes. Almost all of us have Spanish names. The Spaniards are the ones who gave us surnames when the Philippines was still under Spanish regime. They were here for like 333 years. Some of the words we use are Spanish words. There's even a province down south that speak 90% Spanish. Most Filipinos have Spanish blood and Chinese as well... Abu Sayyaf is a Muslim group. I think 2/3 of the Philippine population is Christian and 1/3 is Muslim...The Philippine Azkals aren't that great but they're good enough. They won when they played against the Sri Lanka soccer team. It's ok if they lose, they're all good looking anyway .
10.03.2012 - 14:59
Ikuinen
I'm from Denmark

We became a terrorist target after someone drew a picture of The prophet Muhammed
22.03.2016 - 11:39
Sang Dalang Abu
Written by Ikuinen on 10.03.2012 at 14:59

I'm from Denmark

We became a terrorist target after someone drew a picture of The prophet Muhammed

22.03.2016 - 17:12
Ikuinen
Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 22.03.2016 at 11:39

Written by Ikuinen on 10.03.2012 at 14:59

I'm from Denmark

It's true