Metal Storm logo
Death - Chuck Schuldiner's Back Catalog To Be Reissued

Relapse Records is honored to announce a partnership with Perseverance Holdings Ltd. and the Schuldiner family to reissue the legendary catalog of heavy metal luminary Chuck Schuldiner and his bands Death, Control Denied, and Mantas.

Chuck Schuldiner's Death, one of the most important and influential metal bands of all-time, will see the first official digital releases of it's legendary albums Scream Bloody Gore, Leprosy, Spiritual Healing, Human, Individual Thought Patterns, and The Sound Of Perseverance from May 11th via iTunes. These digital releases will come two days before Chuck Schuldiner would have celebrated his 43rd birthday. Schuldiner passed away on December 13, 2001 after fighting a long, recurring battle with brain cancer.

Relapse will also reissue an expanded version of the classic debut album, The Fragile Art Of Existence, from Schuldiner's progressive heavy metal band Control Denied in late 2010 as well as the first-ever collection by his pre-Death project Mantas. The expanded version of The Fragile Art of Existence will include bonus tracks, extra band photography, expanded art and packaging and more. Details on both releases are forthcoming.

Long-range plans include the completion and official release of the final Control Denied album When Man and Machine Collide. Recorded over 10 years ago at Morrisound Studios with producer Jim Morris, When Man and Machine Collide was tracked by Schuldiner but left incomplete upon Chuck's passing.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Death
Posted: 18.05.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 298 users
18.05.2010 - 17:24
Roro
Ohh Chuck <3
18.05.2010 - 18:53
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
This is great, some of these albums are hard as shit to find as hard copies.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
18.05.2010 - 18:59
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I won't get the albums from iTunes, because I don't like iTunes and I respect the man too much to download his work. However, I am looking forward to the Mantas collection.
18.05.2010 - 21:10
siavash_eddie
YeeesSssssssssssss m/
----
Support Music Not Rumors
18.05.2010 - 21:46
a MasT
Yesss good news
18.05.2010 - 22:05
Got Mayhem?
Nothing I can really get excited about, considering that pretty much all of this Death material is already available digitally through the internet. Getting it from itunes just puts money into peoples pockets who had nothing at all to do with either Chuck or Death. Unless a very large percentage of this goes towards Chucks family, which would be nice.

The Control Denied reissue and Mantas stuff is really the only news worth talking about unless I'm missing something here.
----
19.05.2010 - 02:15
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
What about symbolic :p
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
19.05.2010 - 02:16
thesabbathfan
Great!!
----
19.05.2010 - 03:27
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 19.05.2010 at 02:15

What about symbolic :p

I believe Symbolic was already reissued with bonus tracks
19.05.2010 - 03:34
Eddie Misery
Fuckin Itunes...what about those of us that use something that doesn't suck so much? I'm dying to get my hands on these..I hope there will be something offering them besides Itunes.. >:[
19.05.2010 - 04:33
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Eddie Misery on 19.05.2010 at 03:34

Fuckin Itunes...what about those of us that use something that doesn't suck so much? I'm dying to get my hands on these..I hope there will be something offering them besides Itunes.. >:[

Give it time. I'm certain that someone from the Blogspot metal-trading circuit will download all of those albums and then spread it around.
19.05.2010 - 04:52
Symmachus
I'm not so into the digital aspect of it, because I still prefer CDs. However, the second Control Denied album being released is great news.
19.05.2010 - 10:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Im only interested in the Mantas music. i already have digital versions of Death and the Control Denied CD.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.05.2010 - 19:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Pretty kewl about Mantas. As far as Reissuing Death albums and Controll denied, well, I already am familiar with most of those so it doesn't make a difference to me. But all the same r.i.p. chuck, I hope your family can reap some benefits from this.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
20.05.2010 - 00:17
matos
Written by Got Mayhem? on 18.05.2010 at 22:05

Nothing I can really get excited about, considering that pretty much all of this Death material is already available digitally through the internet. Getting it from itunes just puts money into peoples pockets who had nothing at all to do with either Chuck or Death. Unless a very large percentage of this goes towards Chucks family, which would be nice.

The Control Denied reissue and Mantas stuff is really the only news worth talking about unless I'm missing something here.

You've said it.
----
20.05.2010 - 07:14
Are you guys retarded? Did you not see the last part saying "When Man And Machine Collide" is being released? That is also why they teamed up with relapse and have all the re-issues coming out. It's the last official tribute to Chuck. There's definately enough here to be excited for. I can't wait to hear the new Control Denied.
----
Long live Metal
21.05.2010 - 11:20
raven_gates
Let The Metal flow Chuck Forever.....
21.05.2010 - 21:22
-N-
It is a special news for me ,I reborn now
Chuck is "God of Death metal" forever....
thx BudDa
23.05.2010 - 13:00
Forsaker
Chuck not dead he is DEATH m/
23.05.2010 - 17:53
FU!!!, JM
This is so awesome! But wait... are the albums coming out on CD or only on iTunes?
23.05.2010 - 20:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by brandomaster90 on 20.05.2010 at 07:14

Are you guys retarded? Did you not see the last part saying "When Man And Machine Collide" is being released? That is also why they teamed up with relapse and have all the re-issues coming out. It's the last official tribute to Chuck. There's definately enough here to be excited for. I can't wait to hear the new Control Denied.

It only says it is a long term plan to release that album. So I highly doubt it will see the light of day this year or even next year.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.05.2010 - 00:30
It will be out by next year. tim aymar is starting vocals next week.
----
Long live Metal

Hits total: 4360 | This month: 4