05. Eschaton
06. Last Minute Train
07. Ladykiller
08. The Fall
09. Days Of Nothing
10. Into The Lips Of The Earth

Top 20 albums of 2007: 15

Additional info
Recorded between Howitzer studio & Subsound studio, Rome (Italy).
Mixed during autumn 2006 at Outer Sound Studio, Rome (Italy) by Giuseppe Orlando (Novembre).
The mastering was done at Principal Studio, Senden (Germany) during January 2007.

Staff review by
Dream Taster
Rating:
I never know how to call this sort of music. Whether it is gothic or doom or somewhere in between matters little to me. All I know is the Italian group known as The Foreshadowing got me excited like only a handful of newcomers have over the years. Their debut album Days of Nothing is one hell of a ride.

Thinking along the lines of bands like Katatonia, Lacrimas Profundere and Draconian, this combo managed to deliver the goods with ten tracks filled with haunting atmospheres, addictive rhythms and unforgettable melodies. Obviously the mostly deep and monotone singing from Marco Benevento is a "love-it-or-hate-it" affair. The blueprint of most songs in itself seems simple enough but the excellence of performance elevates the album to a higher level. The perfectly crisp production also helps. Part of the winning formula is that the guitar duo of Andrea Chiodetti and Alessandro Pace know when to slow things down or take it up a notch. There is no solo overkill, no unwelcome riff saturation. Only tasteful and balanced work is to be found. Come to think of it, the same can be said about the drumming of Jonah Padella. It is precise and feels just right. Then again, they were recorded by no other than Guiseppe Orlando from Novembre. Francesco Sosto provides equally important keys and the important background vocals.

Read more ››
published 30.06.2012 | Comments (2)

Found in 21 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 535 users
07.06.2010 - 17:59
Rating: 10
Behdaad
DEAD
A very good one.
A good "Gothic Doom" album.
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
08.06.2010 - 00:58
Abattoir

Nice piece of work indeed. I especially like the sound of pure unique vocals...however I think that generally this album would need some more heaviness.
11.07.2010 - 00:31
Rating: 6
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Abattoir on 08.06.2010 at 00:58

Nice piece of work indeed. I especially like the sound of pure unique vocals...however I think that generally this album would need some more heaviness.

Exactly and maybe a bit of variation in the vocal department
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
30.08.2012 - 19:31
Rating: 9
Slayer666

One of the best Goth/Doom albums out there. Amazingly enough, every track is a pleasure to listen to, not a single bad/average on the album. Some are a bit better than others, but I'll be damned if this isn't the most consistent Goth/Doom album I've heard.
09.01.2013 - 17:57
Rating: 9
SyntheticBreed

Mind blowing.
16.04.2020 - 14:39
JoHn Doe

Very enjoyable album, nice atmosphere, all killer no filler album.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
16.04.2020 - 15:20
Rating: 8
Redel

Written by JoHn Doe on 16.04.2020 at 14:39

Very enjoyable album: yes
nice atmosphere: yes
all killer no filler album: not quite. Departure and The Wandering stand out, Death is our freedom and Cold Waste are also good.The rest tends to fill a bit imo.
Overall a 7.7 for me.
16.04.2020 - 15:23
JoHn Doe

Written by Redel on 16.04.2020 at 15:20

Written by JoHn Doe on 16.04.2020 at 14:39

Very enjoyable album: yes
nice atmosphere: yes
all killer no filler album: not quite. Departure and The Wandering stand out, Death is our freedom and Cold Waste are also good.The rest tends to fill a bit imo.
Overall a 7.7 for me.

well, no filler for me obviously, I enjoyed all the songs.
A very pleasant surprise for me, I'm gonna try and listen to all their albums now.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
16.04.2020 - 16:07
Rating: 8
Redel

Written by JoHn Doe on 16.04.2020 at 15:23

A very pleasant surprise for me, I'm gonna try and listen to all their albums now.

For me it is their best album. I also like the successor. Their latest album I have probably not approached yet I guess.

Hits total: 11954 | This month: 30