05. Another Way To Die
06. Never Again
07. The Animal
08. Crucified
09. Serpentine
10. My Child
11. Sacrifice
12. Innocence
13. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For [U2 cover] [Limited Edition bonus]
14. Leave It Alone [Japanese bonus]
15. Down With The Sickness [live] [Limited Edition bonus]
16. Stricken [live] [Limited Edition bonus]

Disc II [Limited Edition DVD]
01. Decade Of Disturbed: Video Documentary
02. Dissected

Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 34   Visited by: 687 users
05.07.2010 - 19:55
Rating: 9
Kennoth
Can't fucking wait!
----
*insert something deep and profound*
05.07.2010 - 20:00
Rating: 5
vezzy
Stallmanite
I just KNOW all the fanboys are gonna go on a wild praise the moment this album is released.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
18.07.2010 - 22:18
peniku8
Release date: 31 August 2010
and a few songs are already on youtube
24.07.2010 - 18:26
themetalman
Account deleted
Can't wait, listened to the song Asylum on youtube and it sounded great
24.07.2010 - 21:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Ive never heard Disturbed before, although Ive been aware of the band for years. I just listened to the title track of their latest album, and Im a bit surprised. For some reason, I always imagined they'd sound like nu metal, and ''Asylum'' is nothing like that. lol The song was pretty good, although it could have done with a solo, or the chorus not being repeated so much. But anyways, not bad at all!

Can anyone tell me if this song's sound is typical of their other stuff or not?
01.08.2010 - 23:11
Rating: 10
batusay
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.07.2010 at 21:47

Ive never heard Disturbed before, although Ive been aware of the band for years. I just listened to the title track of their latest album, and Im a bit surprised. For some reason, I always imagined they'd sound like nu metal, and ''Asylum'' is nothing like that. lol The song was pretty good, although it could have done with a solo, or the chorus not being repeated so much. But anyways, not bad at all!

Disturbed is a special band every song is like another world, if you enter in the lyrics you will forget that you are listening music its like youre living the music, i don't think they have songs that sound the same.

Disturbed is the music itself and music is life itself
----
Come inside and be afraid
Of this impressive mess I've made
If you take a look now you will find
PERFECT INSANITY
09.08.2010 - 03:09
Rating: 6
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite

I don't like nu metal normally, but I really liked their last album and I strongly recommend you to check it out. The new song is weaker than average imo, but after seeing the video of it, I think I've changed my mind a bit At least the lyrics of this song is of substance.
----
loves 小巫
17.08.2010 - 09:59
Rating: 7
BudDa
Elite
I have just listened to Another Way To Die; and I love the groove in this song. Who plays bass for these guys?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
17.08.2010 - 12:16
vezzy
Stallmanite

This is late, but their stuff beforehand is pretty much boring nu/"alternative" metal. This one is sort of a different direction, yet still not particularly great, IMO.
----
28.08.2010 - 01:14
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
I'm very disappointed with "Asylum". I really liked "Indestructible" too...

The Single is probably the best song here and admittedly, there are moments worth mentioning here and there, but there's more uninspired sounding moments too >: Seems like their efforts on solos is not very good
----
loves 小巫
28.08.2010 - 01:45
Kennoth

Out of the (now) 5 albums, only their first album is nu-metal. The rest are hard rock/heavy metal, and the last one is entirely heavy metal with solos and everything that goes with it (why am I saying this? You ain't gonna hear a solo in nu-metal, that's why). Of course, most people who bash them are not aware of this fact, for the sole reason because they didn't even have the decency to check out the music they so joyfully take a crap on...pardon my rant here.

As I was saying, try their latest addition Indestructible, you might be surprised.
----
28.08.2010 - 02:55
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Well, I dont hate nu metal as a genre, although most bands in that genre aren't very good IMO.

Okay, Foxy and Kennoth, I'll give Indestructible a go. lol
28.08.2010 - 13:42
vezzy
Stallmanite
Just because it has some basic solos/harmonies doesn't suddenly make it better. I've heard some songs from Believe, they're pretty much modern rock/hard rock. Nothing particularly "heavy metal" in it. Besides the standard solos/harmonies at times (I think the title track even lacked one), it was mostly bland chugging/simple distorted chord riffs, then faded with a buzz to make it softer in the choruses.

"Ten Thousand Fists" (the song) was pretty much the same, only a bit more energy in it, which is good, I guess, but still predominantly hard rock. Lots of distortion to make it seem heavier. "Stricken" had that slightly groovy hard rock/metal riff, but not spectacular in any way. When the vocals and broken chugging comes in, it begins to lose it. Decent solo though.

I've heard about four songs off Indestructible, including the bad title track and that damned "Inside the Fire". Heard the two songs "Asylum" and "Another Way to Die" off the upcoming album too (probably leaked?). Same formula, different guitar tone.
----
30.08.2010 - 12:52
Lachy
Account deleted
I dont get it? i already have the album. It says on wiki that it came out here on the 27th of august
30.08.2010 - 12:53
Lachy
Account deleted
The animal is really awesome. My favorite disturbed album now
01.09.2010 - 16:43
hadriel
Worst Disturbed album to date. Boring.
01.09.2010 - 16:45
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by hadriel on 01.09.2010 at 16:43

Not the worst, but definitely boring.
----
02.09.2010 - 00:09
Axe Argonian
I think it's definitely better than Indestructible. Indestructible, to me, seemed very uninspired, slow, and very boring; Asylum, on the other hand, restores Disturbed's groove and vigor. Although I don't think it's as good as Believe (Their best work, imo), Asylum sets them in the right direction.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
02.09.2010 - 07:59
Novas
Written by vezzy on 01.09.2010 at 16:45

Written by hadriel on 01.09.2010 at 16:43

Not the worst, but definitely boring.

Agreed. It was a blend between the power of "Indestructible" & the atmosphere of "Believe". Asylum was the best song. Never Again & Innocence was great. Warrior, Another Way To Die & Serpentine was ok...

To me, "Indestructible" still their best work.
02.09.2010 - 09:45
BudDa
Elite
Written by vezzy on 05.07.2010 at 20:00

I just KNOW all the fanboys are gonna go on a wild praise the moment this album is released.

VeryRattlehead, am not a fan boy but I quite enjoy this album...
Anyhow, just on the performance of the bass alone on this album, and u being a bassist, u'll have to agree with me that the album deserves atleast a 6..
And i'll say it again..the groove on this album is really good. I like it!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
02.09.2010 - 12:42
vezzy
Stallmanite
Bass work is fine, but generally the album isn't good. It reuses the same elements Disturbed always reuses. Standard as always.

I'm not a fan of groove in most cases, except Exhorder and maybe some other stuff. Most of the time it doesn't sound at all vivid and rather one-dimensional.
----
08.09.2010 - 23:45
Whoblehwah
Eh.... this albums ok. Really its just more of Disturbed being Disturbed. I don't really think its bad, but at the same time I probably won't be listening to it much either. The only reason I have it in my iTunes is because my friend bought it. If it wasn't for that I probably would've just ignored it.
14.09.2010 - 22:19
Sephiros7
I've never been a fan of Disturbed at all. I tend to lead more towards progressive stuff, or on the hard rock / metal scene stuff like Metallica / Avenged SEvenfold. When I booked tickets for the show in irvine for the 17th (coming up this friday!) months back I was excited to see some of the other talent there. Seeing as how Disturbed will be there with A7X co-headlining the show I gave disturbed's stuff a shot. The first album in my opinion is absolutely terrible. Now I hate when people insult music or say it's "bad" cause it's all opinion, but in my opinion the first album is just unbearably boring. Totally "nu - metal" trendy radio overpolish etc. (Not trying to bash just being honest!) I listened tot heir discography to be fair and I noticed the albums progressively got better but not by much. To me, and I really listened to them a few times through on each album with an unbiased ear, their stuff really sounds very much the same on each album. I'm not trying to be the grandma that says "that stuff all sounds the same!" but it's just like a steady beat of the drums synced to the guitarist, hats off to their ability to play together so well. But it just sounds so "the same" from song to song. And the singer's voice is less than stellar. Almost feels like they got famous from the "Oh ah ah ah ah" song / style of singing. And now he's trying to branch out from that but it's just...less than stellar singing with lackluster guitars / drum fills / solos. In the world of mainstream and popular bands they are definitely better than your average (Not nearly as Good as avenged sevenfold though, not by a longshot, but hey that's just my opinion)

It's going to be weird at the show seeing A7X with their technical prowess and Portnoy on drums to the simpler sounding disturbed. They should have had Disturbed out before A7X.

As I write this review I'm listening to Asylum, and don't get me wrong I think it's a fantastic album, as well as indestructable. But I think paying close attention right now the thing that bugs me is the use of the bass drum being always synced to the guitar. This album is pretty damn awesome though so please don't take this as bashing just sharing my thoughts see if anyone else is in the same boat. Seems like at parts this album goes and expands musically then shrinks back down to synced bass beats with guitar strums. can't wait for the show though. Any thoughts?
14.09.2010 - 22:22
Sephiros7
Maybe if they turned the volume down on the bass drum lol
26.09.2010 - 05:09
Kennoth
The more I listen to it, the more I adore it! They definitely didn't disappoint me with this. Sure, the common problem with their albums is the tendency for their songs to sound alike, but that doesn't bother me at all...
----
26.09.2010 - 10:20
Rating: 10
Lokier066
One of their bests for sure lol
----
new Band but named Deforming Magenta I think are good
check it out buy if you like

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=deforming+magenta&x=0&y=0
27.09.2010 - 00:55
Rating: 8
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Axe Argonian on 02.09.2010 at 00:09

I think it's definitely better than Indestructible. Indestructible, to me, seemed very uninspired, slow, and very boring; Asylum, on the other hand, restores Disturbed's groove and vigor. Although I don't think it's as good as Believe (Their best work, imo), Asylum sets them in the right direction.

I agree. I wasn't a big fan of Indestructible, and while their style really hasn't change since Ten Thousand Fists, for some reason i'm really liking Asylum. Maybe its because I haven't listened to much Disturbed since Ten Thousand Fists and this new release has restored that little Disturbed kid in me. Either way, thumbs up for this new album! A few notable songs that i'm really liking after only a few listens, Asylum, Warrior and Serpentine.
01.12.2010 - 21:46
Cyroth
Solid album,in the same line like Indestructible,but Indestructible is the best off of their discography.
----
23.02.2011 - 12:40
Hellchain666
Amazing album! My favourite songs have to be Another Way To Die, Never Again and Asylum
27.03.2011 - 11:57
iliasvas13
Account deleted
Predictable... quite a disappointment IMO

Hits total: 15606 | This month: 42