Metal Storm logo
How Many Musicians Have You Ever Met?

19.08.2006 - 03:49
Raiden
Down Under Staff
What musicians have you met? I've only ever met a couple of musicians from Australian bands. I think meeting the guitarist from Gospel Of The Horns was the best. Share your band member meetings with us!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
19.08.2006 - 03:55
Wo0dy
Account deleted
ive met Luke Jaeger and Dave from Sleep Terror. i've seen Lord Worm walk by me and shit. also Jason Keyser from Skinless
19.08.2006 - 04:16
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I kind of met Karl Sanders from Nile. Shook his hand after a show and told him he kicked ass. Also the drummer from Throwdown, a beastly guy. I've never really had any conversations with any musicians though.
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.08.2006 - 04:46
Endoftherainbow

I met Gene Hoglan after a Strapping Young Lad show shook his hand and what not and I met Blake the drummer from Between the Buried and Me and talked to his for about 20minutes he was a pretty cool guy. Aside from that I haven't talked to any good musicians.
19.08.2006 - 05:19
Toolshed

I met members of gothic metal band Mortal Love from Norway.They played before Moonsorrow,30th April 2004. in Croatia.It was after midnight and they were in their minibus.I was drunk and come in cllose and smile to them

But my friend talk with Stephen O'Malley of Khanate and Sunn O))) (an so many drone and ambient bands).Ddamm it was 27th February,I wasn't on Sunn O))) + Earth concert
19.08.2006 - 06:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I've never actually met anyone from a famous band or anything, but as far as just regular everyday musicians, I myself being a musician I know a wide range of them, most of us are better than those of us in our little town, lots of times kids just pic up instruments to look cool or whatever, but we do because we love it and it's what we want top do with our lives.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
19.08.2006 - 08:52
Endoftherainbow

Actually I forgot to mention I also met Lamb of God at a signing Session thingy they were pretty cool dudes.
19.08.2006 - 11:01
Hellish Star

James Rivera (Helstar, Vicious Rumors)
Jack Frost (Seven Witches)
Peter Lindgren (Opeth)
Brian Ross (Satan, Blitzkrieg)
Yngwie Malmsteen
Mike Sabatini (Attacker)
Jere Jameson (Icarus Witch)
SKi (Deadly Blessing)
Juan Garcia (Agent STeel, Evildead)
Bobby Lucas (Overlorde)
the guys from the bands Attacker, Vicious Rumors, Ravensthorn, Order Of Nine,...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
19.08.2006 - 11:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've met Iron Maiden when they received a golden CD here in Sweden. I was nervous
I've also met the bass player and the drummer from One Man Army & the Undead Quartet, we had a really nice conversation.
----
19.08.2006 - 12:22
Lioncourt

I have met so many musicians but here are some anyway.
I have met Sonata Arctica a few times after their shows.
I have met DragonForce in 2004. I met them when they plyed in Bangkok. I got to hang around with them in the backstage.
I have seen Mokoma a few times.
I have also met some of the guys from Defuse.
I have met Jari-Pekka Perälä from Agonizer.
I have met Pekka (Brother Firetribe) and Emppu (Nightwish, Brother Firetribe).
I know the guys from Silentium, Hevein (and girl) and Lumi, the singer of Aberrant Vascular amongst other bands.
The bassist/vocalist of Nerlich used to be in our highschool.
I know the ex-drummer of Desyre.
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
19.08.2006 - 13:53
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I havn't met anyone from a major band, but someone I'd love to meet is Warrel Dane (who doesn't?)...
19.08.2006 - 14:07
Anathemani@c

I have met Vincent, Danniel and Jamie Cavanagh + John Douglas, Les Smith and Duncan Patterson from Anathema. Also, I have met the guys from Paradise Lost.And some others from greek bands that you might not know such as Fragile Vastness (prog metal like Fates Warning)
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
19.08.2006 - 15:08
Aborted_Fetus
Account deleted
Oh, i have met All the members of My dying bride, drank beer with them, took photos and talked, that was amazing.
Then Belphegor frontman..
Basisst and drummer of Agathodaimon
Gutted 3 members
Pat 'o Brien and Corpsegrinder from CC
Aborted vocalist
Spawn of posession vocalist
All the band members from Beheaded from Malta, guitarist took me to the airport with his own car!!F*** that!!!
19.08.2006 - 16:56
Iris
Account deleted
Unfortunately I've only met one,the singer of Marauder!
19.08.2006 - 16:57
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
Alexi Laiho, Nergal and Orion from Behemoth, Beefcake from GWAR (out of costume), Oderus and Balsac from GWAR at a signing (doesn't really count I guess), Anders and Bjorn from In Flames.

I met a whole lot of small-time (but awesome) blues musicians working at a blues/jazz fest in Asbury Park, NJ, as well as the legendary Hubert Sumlin, who's also the nicest guy I've ever met.

My guitar teacher is John Albino, who played in a band called Faith Healer. From what I gather they were pretty big locally, and they played at L'amours in Brooklyn the night it opened.
19.08.2006 - 19:18
MetalSpider

Ive only really met Steve Vai and thats it. I got an autograph and shook his hand but I never really talked to him or anything.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.08.2006 - 01:41
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Ive met all the guys from Nother, Sonata Arctica, Dragonland, had a beer with Kai from Wintersun and Peter from Hypocrisy
20.08.2006 - 02:18
MetalSpider

Written by Guest on 20.08.2006 at 01:41

Ive met all the guys from Nother, Sonata Arctica, Dragonland, had a beer with Kai from Wintersun and Peter from Hypocrisy

Nice! I really want to meet the guys of Wintersun as well as Nevermore, Opeth, Bloodbath (which includes Peter) and...well a lot of others really (like Dragonland).
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.08.2006 - 02:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
After seeing Cattle Decapitation live, I went to the merchandise area and I saw the lead singer, Travis Ryan, selling their merchandise. I bought a shirt from him and we talked for a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't get his autograph. That dude is hilarious though. He's got a weird sense of humor.

I've met Erik Lindmarck of Deeds of Flesh twice and talked with him for a bit. I got him to sign the booklet to one of the cd's I bought. He's a really cool guy and very humble.

Another musician that I've met is Bill Robinson of Decrepit Birth. When I met him he had some sort of eye problem that looked kinda nasty, but other than that he was a really cool guy.

After meeting that cool dude I met one of the guitarists from Odious Mortem. He was also really cool and we talked for a bit and he ended up giving me free stickers.

A friend and I also met one of the guitarists from Darkest Hour, but I wasn't too interested in him so he and my friend just talked. He seemed like a pretty cool guy and he even refrained from insulting my friend who made an ass out of himself.

That's all I can remember now...
20.08.2006 - 02:35
Baz Anderson

this is one of those threads that makes us that havent met anyone big feel all jealous isnt it
hahaha
well i have met all of Sabaton and got them to sign my album and everything but that is about it
i should be able to meet Primal Fear when i see them at Bloostock Festival later in the year though
20.08.2006 - 02:40
Dam3k

My father, he's pianist and a lot of his friends, u didn't specified if they would have to be metal musicians XD
----

20.08.2006 - 04:45
danzig111
Account deleted
this guy i know (who isn't really my friend, but i know him) met Tommy Lee from Motley Crue.....
20.08.2006 - 13:53
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Wow! How did you guys meet all these people? What were you thinking when you were talking to them? What was it like? etc
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
20.08.2006 - 16:31
Lioncourt

Well it was ammazing! The first time I have ever talked to a human being!
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
20.08.2006 - 16:36
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
Ok, ive met a few...

All of Children Of Bodom last yr i think it was at the Adelaide Uni Bar... waited around for awhile met em, chilled with em, got a ticket signed and went on my merry way.

Ive met all of Fuck... Im Dead (Aussie Grindcore/Goregrind act), they are just funny blokes... Jays a tall fucker!

Ummm shit, i usually drink with (or have friends that know and thus i drink with) the local Adelaide metalbands like Obsidian Aspect, Sarsekim, Darklord etc etc. Fun Fun!
20.08.2006 - 17:50
Bitch Boy

I met all the members of Epica except Simone Simons.
20.08.2006 - 22:27
Kurzag
Account deleted
The only time I have meet a band is on signing sessions. I´ve been on signing sessions with Nightwish, In Flames and Emperor.
21.08.2006 - 01:19
Daru Jericho

Excluding signing sessions I haven't met that many. But I've met:

Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom, Sinergy, etc)
Roope Latvala (Children Of Bodom, Sinergy)
Karl Sanders (Nile)
Junky Jon (Gorerotted)
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)
Fluffy Offalstench (Gorerotted) -- actually, I just bought a t-shirt off him; I was too stupid to talk to him

...I think that's it. I've also seen people but have been too shy to really talk to them, like DragonForce's 'new' bassist and COB's drummer to name a few.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

21.08.2006 - 20:27
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I have met all the Sentenced boys
Tarot boys
Sova and Janne from Barathrum
Luttinen from Impaled Nazarene
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
22.08.2006 - 00:19
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I've met In Flames, and shot the shit with Peter Iwers [bassist].
As I Lay Dying [got a picture with Clint Norris].