‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Users visited: 418  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Vikcen on 13.08.2010 at 18:10
In my case there was one, "Fear Of The Dark". A friend came to my home with the vinyl... and here it all began (I was 15 years old at that time).

Page 10 of 10

Dana

08.12.2013 at 02:54
Sirenia -at sixes and sevens
and there's the orphaned land's sahara
and then metallica's S&M
----
http://www.last.fm/user/em_eldeen
Doge of Venice

08.12.2013 at 22:33
City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold. I took a liking to it when Guitar Hero 2 had it on the set list, and I actively looked for the album after I heard Beast and the Harlot.

Though my first real taste of metal was some "Ultimate Guitar" albums, or something similar (unrelated to the website). It had "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and I always loved that song.
Fordy

12.12.2013 at 14:14
Well I've been into metal since I was a very young child, as my father had always played metal bands around me. One of the first band/albums I remember hearing was Metallica "Load" and after that I've always loved metal.
Skl3ros

13.12.2013 at 23:50
All That Remains - The Fall Of Ideals.
found out about them by torrenting (yeah shame on me, haven't downloaded sth in years now) a song from the calling and accidentally downloaded the song This Calling from ATR.
you can imagine my surprise when expecting the song Wherever You Will Go and then hearing this xD but instead of deleting it I listened the song and was completely blown away since I had never heard screaming vocals until then. and this was my introduction into metal. kinda miss those times when I thought that slipknot would be hardcore music for sick ppl haha
----
imo.
Fallen Ghost
Proghead

17.12.2013 at 16:19
Wig Wam - Hard To Be A Rock N'Roller got me into rock in general. I moved on to more metalstuffs when I heard Dream Evil I guess. But what I do remember well, is what album that introduced me and made me like extreme metal: Kalmah - Swamplord. I loved the music, but hated the vocals. Couldn't stand screams and growls before, even In Flames were to hard for my ears. But I loved Kalmah's music so much that I forced myself to listen to it, and from there I got into a new world with totally amazing music
----
"Even we don't know anything about theory and stuff....but this is a combination of lydian mode and phrygian dominant...and ends with a diminished run starting on F"

- Fredrik Åkesson, guitarplayer of Opeth
Dentura
Shadow King

17.12.2013 at 20:32
My first metal song was either Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden, Shimmy by System of a Down, or Enter Sandman by Metallica.

My first actual metal album is Piece of Mind from Iron Maiden.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
DaveBarlow

24.12.2013 at 21:21
The first proper metal album I got into was 'Countdown to extinction'- Megadeth
Diverge

03.01.2014 at 03:18
Probably On Through the Night by Def Leppard.
I listened to Hysteria first, but I would hardly regard it as a true metal album nowadays (that is debatable, though).
mbcameron

06.01.2014 at 00:14
Honestly City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold. I had kinda been on the outskirts of metal my whole life since my mom listened to some of it (she was mainly into punk though.) But this album was the first album that made me want to find more and the one that made me decide to take up guitar. After that discovered the classic bands and then just kinda steadily got into more extreme types of metal but prog ended up becoming my favorite, ha ha.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]

Login or register to post here.