Metal Storm logo
Non-Satanic Black Metal

Original post

Posted by Sulac, 14.09.2010 - 22:48
I apologize if this has been asked before, but what are some good, non-Satanic black metal bands?
Please don't write comments about how stupid it is not to listen to certain bands just because they're Satanic.
Some bands I've already heard that I've liked are Negator, Antestor, Cradle Of Filth (they're not terribly Satanic), Graveworm, and Frost Like Ashes and Bal-Sagoth. I'm particularly interested in symphonic black metal but I like straight-up stuff like Darkthrone as well.
Thanks!
24.05.2011 - 21:12
Winterthrone
Written by BitterCOld on 23.05.2011 at 22:45

The black circle also went around burning down tulip fields and sticking their fingers in dikes... KLOGS AND HERRING IST KRIEG!

Man you forgot about windmills, they forced the windmills upon us a thousand years ago!!! Now we're gonna burn them down! lol!
25.06.2011 - 13:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Appalachian Winter - Silence Before The Great Mountain Wind, Winter Eternal, I Become The Frozen Land
If you want Aggaloch style BM whit lil Europian and Apalache touch into muisc this is is it !!!!!
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.06.2011 - 15:49
The Turbanator
Written by BitterCOld on 23.05.2011 at 22:45

The black circle also went around burning down tulip fields and sticking their fingers in dikes... KLOGS AND HERRING IST KRIEG!

HAHAHAHAHA brilliant.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
24.08.2011 - 13:20
Slayer666
All right, y'all, I've got something that will knock knock you out. Ready?
Entirely D&D themed Australian Black Metal!

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%2B3_Broadsword/3540257015

Every D&D geek's wet dream. Even if you don't care about it, I strongly urge you to check the album out. Some of the funniest shit I've heard in a while. Yup, they suck that much.
09.03.2012 - 18:23
DJ Mythos
A quick word, if you would permit me, about christian so-called 'unblack' metal: it is often assumed that the churches in Norway were burned by trivial, petulant scenesters engaging in a bit of fetishism. While I'm sure that was a large contingent, the ones who did have a reason spoke with a single voice. Christianity, in my view, has always been corrupt, emblematic of the fall of modern man, of heroism, the replacement of values with morals, the creation of a spirit world revolving around a nihilistic, degenerate god, the end of naturalism, the deflation of the true warring spirit, the ritualization of pederasty and dysgenic behaviors, and, in general, social parasitism. But these are all ideas. My life has not been directly affected by Judeo-Christianity, as I have always repudiated it. Such is not the case with Norwegian nationalists, who live their days in the Church's fetters. Christianity was spread with the sword in Norway. They fought like cowards, with the protection of politicians (Christianity is also responsible for the rise of the modern politician, the pentultimate cultural derascinator). They raped the women, burned the babies. It was a genocide. Then, they built their churches on holy sites.

Now, the entire black metal world was influenced by what came from Norway in the early 90's. It is common to hear bands compared to Burzum and Darkthrone. Any symphonic black metal is invariably compared to Emperor. The fame of this small scene changed the black metal landscape. Musically, these Christian bands are just as influenced by the Norwegians as every other black metal band...and the Norwegians hated the Christians. It was a genuine hatred, bred of nationalism, and dripping with the antipathy of revenge. It is no coincidence that Norway spawned the second wave of black metal, and it is no coincidence that church burnings were integral to that scene.

What these Christian black metal bands do is profoundly cynical, in light of all this. They copy the form of black metal, which they rob unapologetically, but with a caveat: 'you guys got the music right but the message wrong'. It's the type of arrogance of which only Abrahamic believers are capable. Of anything that exists on this earth, black metal is unquestionably OURS, not theirs. It satisfies the RIGHTEOUS indignation that lives within us. This music is not for you. We spit on you. Christians have stolen everything, but they're not stealing this.

I call on all pagans and true black metallers to repudiate the scourge of Christian 'unblack' metal. All forum queries like this should be answered with derision. I propose an infoterror campaign against these meddlers. Remember, this music belongs to us, and we ought to cherish it, and work together to prevent its bastardization.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

Miasmic anti-modern metal.
09.03.2012 - 18:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.03.2012 - 19:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Dude, you need to get laid.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.03.2012 - 19:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Cool story, bro.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.03.2012 - 19:16
DJ Mythos
I'm new here. just wanted to let everyone know where I stand.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

09.03.2012 - 19:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by DJ Mythos on 09.03.2012 at 19:16

First of all, welcome. Hopefully it doesn't seem like we're a bunch of asshats but that's... quite a bold post for someone who hasn't set up any kind of following here. With newcomers you never know if they're laid-back, humorous, trolling, etc. so you're judged according to your first few posts without much thought as to who you are.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.03.2012 - 19:34
DJ Mythos
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.03.2012 at 19:27

Written by DJ Mythos on 09.03.2012 at 19:16

First of all, welcome. Hopefully it doesn't seem like we're a bunch of asshats but that's... quite a bold post for someone who hasn't set up any kind of following here. With newcomers you never know if they're laid-back, humorous, trolling, etc. so you're judged according to your first few posts without much thought as to who you are.

That's of course to be absolutely expected, especially in this case. I'm the one who comes off as an asshat. I don't care. I have no tolerance for this kind of stuff. As i said, 'infoterror'. I use a similar type of ornate language in my podcast, because I believe metal has a romantic quality, that it's music for imaginative people, completely incompatible with pedestrian daily life.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

09.03.2012 - 20:59
Slayer666
Written by DJ Mythos on 09.03.2012 at 18:23

I agree, fully.

Here's what I propose: let's grab the first 10 Christians we come across, impale them just to prove we're fucking SUPER SERIAL, and then do the same to Antestor, Horde, Extol etc.
That will show 'em.
09.03.2012 - 21:05
DJ Mythos
Written by Slayer666 on 09.03.2012 at 20:59

I agree, fully.

Here's what I propose: let's grab the first 10 Christians we come across, impale them just to prove we're fucking SUPER SERIAL, and then do the same to Antestor, Horde, Extol etc.
That will show 'em.

Alright, can you honestly tell me you think those bands are worthy of respect?
----
Vapour Bay Radio

09.03.2012 - 21:09
Slayer666
Written by DJ Mythos on 09.03.2012 at 21:05

No. But then again, neither are 95 percent of Anti-Christian BM bands who use this supposed "ideology" as a gimmick or a role-playing theme.

And wasn't BM originally intended to defy the norm, to rebel against what was currently popular? If so, then the "Unblack" bands, ironically, have more of a Second Wave spirit than the endless "HAIL SATAN!" copycats we've seen the previous years and today.
09.03.2012 - 21:24
DJ Mythos
Written by Slayer666 on 09.03.2012 at 21:09

Written by DJ Mythos on 09.03.2012 at 21:05

No. But then again, neither are 95 percent of Anti-Christian BM bands who use this supposed "ideology" as a gimmick or a role-playing theme.

And wasn't BM originally intended to defy the norm, to rebel against what was currently popular? If so, then the "Unblack" bands, ironically, have more of a Second Wave spirit than the endless "HAIL SATAN!" copycats we've seen the previous years and today.

Black metal ideology is certainly self-limiting, but that's exactly why rebellion against the norm is not an integral part of that ideology, in my opinion. That can be said about all rock music, which embodies a spirit of independence, individuality, the freedom of the open road, and so on. There's nothing in that that precludes Christians from participating. A church reformer, for example, is a rebel. But black metal is uniquely anti-Christian, as in the Norwegian nationalists who burned the churches down.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

09.03.2012 - 21:51
vezzy
Stallmanite
Infoterror campaign?

I'm in.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
10.03.2012 - 15:16
Ikuinen
Check out Woods of Desolation's latest album : Torn Beyond Reason .. No satanic content in their lyrics
10.03.2012 - 15:54
Savopipo
I'm a Satanist but my project http://www.myspace.com/lidiceband does not have Satanic lyrics. They're about human evil, war, murder and mutilation!
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
11.03.2012 - 01:22
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by DJ Mythos on 09.03.2012 at 19:34

That's of course to be absolutely expected, especially in this case. I'm the one who comes off as an asshat. I don't care. I have no tolerance for this kind of stuff. As i said, 'infoterror'.

Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You bash one religion for it's intolerance of a people, but you are intolerant yourself. You sir, are not part of the solution but the problem. When will this world wake up and realize that love toward mankind is the only answer?
11.03.2012 - 01:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 11.03.2012 at 01:22

That's of course to be absolutely expected, especially in this case. I'm the one who comes off as an asshat. I don't care. I have no tolerance for this kind of stuff. As i said, 'infoterror'.

Aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? You bash one religion for it's intolerance of a people, but you are intolerant yourself. You sir, are not part of the solution but the problem. When will this world wake up and realize that love toward mankind is the only answer?

Let the internet keyboard warriors rant for they know not what they type
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.03.2012 - 02:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.03.2012 at 01:27
Let the internet keyboard warriors rant for they know not what they type

Heh, said like a true Internet Jesus... It's funnier by looking at your avatar.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.03.2012 - 02:16
Savopipo

A quick word, if you would permit me, about christian so-called 'unblack' metal: it is often assumed that the churches in Norway were burned by trivial, petulant scenesters engaging in a bit of fetishism. While I'm sure that was a large contingent, the ones who did have a reason spoke with a single voice. Christianity, in my view, has always been corrupt, emblematic of the fall of modern man, of heroism, the replacement of values with morals, the creation of a spirit world revolving around a nihilistic, degenerate god, the end of naturalism, the deflation of the true warring spirit, the ritualization of pederasty and dysgenic behaviors, and, in general, social parasitism. But these are all ideas. My life has not been directly affected by Judeo-Christianity, as I have always repudiated it. Such is not the case with Norwegian nationalists, who live their days in the Church's fetters. Christianity was spread with the sword in Norway. They fought like cowards, with the protection of politicians (Christianity is also responsible for the rise of the modern politician, the pentultimate cultural derascinator). They raped the women, burned the babies. It was a genocide. Then, they built their churches on holy sites.

Now, the entire black metal world was influenced by what came from Norway in the early 90's. It is common to hear bands compared to Burzum and Darkthrone. Any symphonic black metal is invariably compared to Emperor. The fame of this small scene changed the black metal landscape. Musically, these Christian bands are just as influenced by the Norwegians as every other black metal band...and the Norwegians hated the Christians. It was a genuine hatred, bred of nationalism, and dripping with the antipathy of revenge. It is no coincidence that Norway spawned the second wave of black metal, and it is no coincidence that church burnings were integral to that scene.

What these Christian black metal bands do is profoundly cynical, in light of all this. They copy the form of black metal, which they rob unapologetically, but with a caveat: 'you guys got the music right but the message wrong'. It's the type of arrogance of which only Abrahamic believers are capable. Of anything that exists on this earth, black metal is unquestionably OURS, not theirs. It satisfies the RIGHTEOUS indignation that lives within us. This music is not for you. We spit on you. Christians have stolen everything, but they're not stealing this.

I call on all pagans and true black metallers to repudiate the scourge of Christian 'unblack' metal. All forum queries like this should be answered with derision. I propose an infoterror campaign against these meddlers. Remember, this music belongs to us, and we ought to cherish it, and work together to prevent its bastardization.

Black metal is called "Black Metal" because it's against everything! It's punk in a metal musical shroud! Fuck everything! and I agree!!
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
11.03.2012 - 03:16
DJ Mythos
Written by Guest on 11.03.2012 at 01:22

What solution do you envision? That we forget about this oppression and bloodshed? Do you think that I could be capable of the type of intolerance regularly practiced by the church, synagogue, or mosque? Have you heard of Jasenovac? I don't know if you are a Christian, but you sure act like one...advocating love, tolerance, and ignorance of history. Stab a man's guts with one hand, make the holy sign with the other.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

11.03.2012 - 03:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by DJ Mythos on 11.03.2012 at 03:16
Stab a man's guts with one hand, make the holy sign with the other.

Some black people are still up in arms because my forefathers kept 'em around to clean the house and work the fields.

Some black people moved the fuck on and got on with their lives.
----
11.03.2012 - 05:34
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.03.2012 at 03:43

Some black people are still up in arms because my forefathers kept 'em around to clean the house and work the fields.

I know, right? Every people group has been crapped on at some point. I'm part Irish, they were basically mistreated by the Brits for a long time, and I have some Cherokee Indian ancestors as well, and we all know how Native Americans were shafted by European settlers. If we all gave into anger and hatred, what would be the point? We should hold ourselves to a standard higher than that.
11.03.2012 - 05:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 11.03.2012 at 05:34
I know, right? Every people group has been crapped on at some point. I'm part Irish, they were basically mistreated by the Brits for a long time, and I have some Cherokee Indian ancestors as well, and we all know how Native Americans were shafted by European settlers. If we all gave into anger and hatred, what would be the point? We should hold ourselves to a standard higher than that.

BUT WHAT OF THE OPPRESSION AND BLOODSHED?!

Seriously. I've got bits of Scottish, Irish, Dutch, and Welsh dating back to my great-grandparents. I could be pretty fuckin' pissed off at a lot of people for doing my ancestors wrong, but instead I choose to "judge" this generation of people. People still fuck up, and people still deserve to feel your anger from time to time. But it's not like we all need to live in a constant state of rage simply because our history was ugly. That's just repeating an ugly history for the next generation to dwell on.

Does nobody remember the '60s? (I mean, I wasn't really alive at the time... but seriously.)
----
11.03.2012 - 05:56
DJ Mythos
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.03.2012 at 03:43

Written by DJ Mythos on 11.03.2012 at 03:16
Stab a man's guts with one hand, make the holy sign with the other.

And some black people understand the truth, that they're still in fetters. Which is, believe it or not, an image that pops into my mind when I consider that our country is pretty much the exact opposite of every highly developed nation, in that we're MORE religious than peasant societies. It pops into my mind whenever I remember that 4 in 10 Americans believe in Evolution, and then there's this sickening, insipid opposition to stem cell research! And it also pops into my mind when I consider our support for and terrorist alliance with Israel. All of this madness comes from Christianity. We're enslaved by it.

But, we digress.

This whole thing was about black metal, and black metal is innately anti-Christian. Extreme music is my haven from all this moralistic hysteria. I love it. It's not especially virtuosic or deeply poetic, but it's mine, and I love it. And I will not let these Christians take my black metal. No fucking way.
----
Vapour Bay Radio

11.03.2012 - 06:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
People still think music is theirs? And this thread isn't about anyone taking your precious music away from you. It's about a style of music that has a different lyrical content than is traditional.
----
11.03.2012 - 06:09
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Boobs.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
11.03.2012 - 06:19
DJ Mythos
Oh, right, this is a suggestion thread. Excuse me. I suggest Grand Belial's Key.

Face it, the guy wants inoffensive black metal that extols the virtues of tolerance and passivity. He suggested Antestor. It's anathema to everything black metal is about. The entire basis of the thread is ridiculous. He might as well be asking for samba music about abstinence. What is the aversion to Satanic lyrics, anyway? I just can't understand that. I mean, it's not as though every BM band is Satanic, but if someone's trying to weed out all the Satanic bands...wouldn't it be easier to just listen to doom? I guess I just don't get it.

If I had to answer the OP seriously, I'd suggest Shining. Non-Satanic black metal...about self-mutilation. There. See how ridiculous it is?
----
Vapour Bay Radio