Metal Storm logo
What after Metal??

Original post

Posted by Bash', 03.09.2006 - 00:03
hey ppl,

i only want to express my feelings toward the thing that i loved, lived Metal..

i loved metal alot, and am listening for it for about 4-5 years, it becames a bestfriend.. lot of times i was going back to metal to solve my problems, when i am disturbed, when everybody left me, when i was alone, when i am angry, happy, sad, in love, in hate, in every moment Metal was my faithfull friend..

after any problem the best thing i've done is listening metal, on my first year on the university, i have NO friends else metal..

AND AFTER THAT ALL...!!!!!

i became so wiered about / with it ... i started to obtain alot of albums ... i now have more than 150 album, and hundreds of singles, i know a bit good amount of metal bands, at least in my country and between my friends, i am the most one who knows about metal bands and styles & countries (of course because of this great site) BUTTT..!!!!

actually there is a number of songs i've bought (from a while) and didn't listen yet, many things downloaded and never listened, always needs new stuff, and don't listen well for them, so weired..!!! the music became a less value to me, since i have alot alot stuff... event the good albums, i may not have the time to play them, or i don't play them without a reason, i don't know how do i act with the taste i used to b4... i feel that am listening for it as a habbit not coz i like it... i am searching alot for a band that i don't know, and that to fill up my time, but whithout satisfying results, seems like i know most of the (good) bands of the styles i liked..

even in the forum, i found it too hard to shoot a post.. i know i am not that active member, but i used to post better on the past...

what a problem, seems like i just want new stuff, and get bored from them just when i put my hands on them even if without listening ...

ppl say something please, i can't understand the situatution..!!!
17.05.2008 - 10:18
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i think 2008 is rebirth of metal and 2007 was a shit!
17.05.2008 - 17:48
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I think , goni to listen "rock" next "clear-alternative" next "Blues" , this is kind of reverse . anyway with out music that include every thing germane to metal , I'm departin from life
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
17.05.2008 - 23:03
Torelli
Anything else, even silence. Don't be afraid to explore, as you can allways come back in terms of music.
21.05.2008 - 17:57
TheBigRossowski
Slow it down with what you're buying! I have times when I buy like 5 CDs in a day, but who doesn't? However, when I get in the car or sit down and draw something, wash dishes, WHATEVER- I listen to them. Just take your time and stop the madness, you can always get it later.

Do that or....explore the possibility that you're not as into metal as you thought...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
18.11.2008 - 06:05
Metalbound7
Written by Guest on 17.05.2008 at 10:18

So True! 2008 has been a great year for Metal!

Testament - Formation of Damnation,
Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thundergod,
Airbourne - Runnin' Wild
Chrome Division - Booze, broads, beelzebub
The Reunion of AC/DC
Matt Barlow come back to Iced Earth.
Best Metallica Album since Black Album.
Gaahl finally find love

I hope 2009 would be as great as this awesome year
18.11.2008 - 10:03
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Metalbound7 on 18.11.2008 at 06:05

Airbourne - Runnin' Wild
The Reunion of AC/DC
Gaahl finally find love

and a lots of album which u didnt count! Forest of Shadows-Metallica-Tiamat-Haggard-Opeth .....
14.04.2009 - 09:45
Throne Dweller
I've felt this way with Symphonic Black metal. There's very few bands who do it right, and as far as I have found there are none that do it like Limbonic Art or Dimmu Borgir [EDT, Stormblast, PEM, SPD]. Greatly disappoints me.
14.04.2009 - 16:40
TormentoR.
Written by Guest on 18.11.2008 at 10:03

Written by Metalbound7 on 18.11.2008 at 06:05

Airbourne - Runnin' Wild
The Reunion of AC/DC
Gaahl finally find love

and a lots of album which u didnt count! Forest of Shadows-Metallica-Tiamat-Haggard-Opeth .....

Count 2009 too as good year .. but yea man, 2008... it was like.. a flood of river nile
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
14.04.2009 - 18:08
Elio
Red Nightmare
Lol what? 2008 as a flood of the Nile for metal?

----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.05.2009 - 12:04
ms68
I don't really like 2008 stuffs except opeth and amon amarth. you can't compare it to years like 2006. but i'm sure 2009 will be the best year of decade.
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
04.05.2009 - 16:14
CreSTON YO
Account deleted
If you feel like you are listening to it based out of habit, go back to the basics. The first band you loved. That's what I do. I have over 300 cd's in my truck and have listened to them all a ton of times. Everytime I feel like shit I go back to what I first loved. Children of Bodom, Sonata Arctica, Amon Amarth. Go back to your first bands that you haven't listened to in a long time.
17.06.2009 - 05:23
Numbskull
Written by TheBigRossowski on 21.05.2008 at 17:57

Slow it down with what you're buying! I have times when I buy like 5 CDs in a day, but who doesn't? However, when I get in the car or sit down and draw something, wash dishes, WHATEVER- I listen to them. Just take your time and stop the madness, you can always get it later.

Do that or....explore the possibility that you're not as into metal as you thought...

Wise words my fellow metal-head!

I've seen this many times in past 30+ years of being a metal fan and even experienced it myself. Take it slow - always quality over quantity. Find the genre or group of bands that you like and listen-revisit them often. Don't be afraid to listen to other kinds of music. This life is about self-discovery not self-invention. If you are a metal-head, then that is what you are.
17.06.2009 - 11:11
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
After metal, HAVOC!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.06.2009 - 14:54
TheBigRossowski
Written by Numbskull on 17.06.2009 at 05:23

Written by TheBigRossowski on 21.05.2008 at 17:57

Wise words my fellow metal-head!

..Find the genre or group of bands that you like and listen-revisit them often. Don't be afraid to listen to other kinds of music...

Exactly, which leads to the funniest part about certain other metalheads.They'Re fans of 50-100+ bands. However, in reality, they may only have 85 albums that they own, downloaded a thousand more, and only like ONE album from that band (given the length of certain Discographies)... but it's still a ''favorite'' of that person.

Unfortunately, I am not a metalhead because I listen to a lot of gay shit as well, random classical music, Beethoven, Wagner, neo-classical (like Elend), 50s and 60s music, Johnny Cash, etc.

Is this a....uh, what day is this?
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
18.06.2009 - 15:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 18.06.2009 at 14:54

Unfortunately, I am not a metalhead because I listen to a lot of gay shit as well, random classical music, Beethoven, Wagner, neo-classical (like Elend)

There's nothing gay on Classical music... Classical music is KVLT & TR00

Well... Like everyone else I listen to something else as some kind of rest after all metal. That would be Trip Hop like Portishead and also Björk. And a gret Noise/pop/trip-hop japanese artist under the name of Piana. The last one is fucking crazy at times with a lot of sounds and shit. more sickening that a lot of BM. And of course... Classical music.

Soooo... I think there's powerful stuff if you just dare to explore
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.06.2009 - 16:09
Smurfophagist
This happened to me as well... so I started looking for new stuff and got into Black metal. Every once in a while I have a crisis similar to the one you have. But I always accidentally stumble upon a band that just sweeps me of my feet, and reminds me what is metal all about. It's like love, when you're feeling lonely and down, someone new walks into your life when you least expect and changes it. It's the same with metal bands...this probably sounds stupid, nevermind, it's quite had to explain....
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
18.06.2009 - 20:33
Hamird
Lieutenant
After Metal musically I prefer to listen to Noise, EBM, Ambient, Industrial, Oi! Punk, Classical, Romantic, Baroque, Celtic and Medieval music.. And also good stuff in Synthpop, Psychedelic Trance, Eurodance and Reggae.
28.07.2009 - 01:01
zelenozubi
Account deleted
Why don't you try to listen something else. i don't say you should leave metal, but metal is not only music in this world, i personaly like to listen some hip-hop, funk, pop-rock....
it is good to break monotony in your life if you feel it, after all i think that metal's various genres should teach you how to respect different music. loving something which is not metal is nothing to be shamed of. metal will allways be there for you when you need it.
11.08.2009 - 19:36
Razorback
Then just slow down with buying and maybe find old stuffs you didn't listen for a long time or as guys said there is few pretty good albums which just came out,just slow dawn a little bit and it will be ok.Hmm nothing after metal,at least i don't see myself listening something else,but you should fallow your feelings and feel happy and complete.Metal didn't say last words,it will be a lot of great albums in the future,and if you found yourself there you will always have something fresh and new,Just enjoy your time!
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
06.01.2010 - 07:10
Immortal
After metal? Nothing. No life without metal...
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
11.06.2010 - 18:18
busta5000
Account deleted
I know what you mean I'm in that proccess now I have 39 albums & 13 of them are good the rest are not bad. I only listen to explore & find a new album that would give me the same feeling it gave before.

As I lay dying "the powerless rise" gave me that feeling back.

so I'm not quite there yet..
11.06.2010 - 18:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
A cheese board and After Eight mints.
18.01.2011 - 15:55
akvan
I know at last i will be a classic music fan , because i love classical music but now it's tedious for me , maybe when I'll be older
----
Think about it . Every generation gets some new frontier to tackle . Einstein got relativity , The Nasa cowboys got the moon . All the easy stuff is taken , Artificial consciousness is the next frontier !
18.01.2011 - 19:19
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Well sounds like you got "The chase is better than the catch" syndrome (YEs it's a motorhead song but it explains some of the metal stuff). I sorta play "Find that band" and I have found a few due to it. Also you can get listening done if you're down to do a lot of work with your ipod. Any second you can spend with music on , do it. You could have undiscovered gems sitting with you if you haven't heard some of the stuff you have in your collection.

I found I like industrial, trance, and punk. That all flowed in post listening into metal for a while. Trance is the same intensity but it throws you in a different direction, industrial has the same idea a lot of the time with having a bunch of stuff going on with the music and punk has the intensity down at times.

The only thing this overall told me in retrospect is that I like music that's fast, lotsa notes and has some kind of dark intensity to it. I would say it's not about what is after metal but "What else do you like aside from metal?".
----
19.01.2011 - 01:49
ANGEL REAPER
Answer: Nothing ...METAL IS FOREVER
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
19.01.2011 - 04:11
Sonic MrSumo
Some sort of alloy or synthetic material.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
15.04.2011 - 17:25
Evil Chip
Like everyone else has said listen to something else. You're not betraying metal, like if its was your wife. Enjoy the pleasures of the flesh with other whores. I enjoy myself with Industrial rock, Classical, Filmscore music, sometimes sex pistols, alternative rock, etc. I always listen to Erik Satie when I'm a moond like yours to calm me down.
15.04.2011 - 17:32
ANGEL REAPER
And after metal .....there is death.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
15.04.2011 - 17:47
Yasmine
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 19.01.2011 at 01:49

"Gaahl finally find love" LOL!

Allow me to que up some Primal Fear real quick.....lol

I'd simple go listen to classical.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
15.04.2011 - 21:49
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yasmine on 15.04.2011 at 17:47

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 19.01.2011 at 01:49

"Gaahl finally find love" LOL!

Allow me to que up some Primal Fear real quick.....lol

I'd simple go listen to classical.

I think that i don't understand what do you mean....
I do like some stuff beside metal but i dont consider metal as just another phase trough which i am going,but rather dominant type of music which i like....
----