Metal Storm logo
Slowest metal bands/songs

Original post

Posted by ferm, 26.12.2010 - 22:10
I like when music are ultra slow and heavy like most Funeral Doom and Drone Doom. Which is the slowest band? Which is the slowest song you ever heard? (keep it the topic Metal music)
03.04.2011 - 03:09
The Turbanator
Earth deserves a mention here, I think.

Also, Fauna. They're not slow actually, just that they have a very long introduction to both the songs.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.04.2011 - 09:12
*MetalSlave*
If you are into death metal and wants something slow and boring i suggest Six Feet Under.
22.04.2011 - 02:27
Balthazine
While we're mentioning slow drone bands, I think Boris deserves a mention. They don't always play drone, but when they do, it's pretty fucking cool, the kind of slow, heavy music that shakes you to the very core of your being.

Example:
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
24.04.2011 - 03:09
ferm
Written by *MetalSlave* on 21.04.2011 at 09:12

If you are into death metal and wants something slow and boring i suggest Six Feet Under.

X) hehe, yeah Six Feet Under is very boring. I love death metal though, but not Six feet.....
24.04.2011 - 03:09
ferm
Written by F.N.S.C.A.C on 02.04.2011 at 21:59

I'm going to say...
The endless coming into life by Black Boned Angel...
4 bpm for an hour.... is pretty slow

Thanks very nice!
24.04.2011 - 03:11
ferm
Nice sugestions by everyone I have really expanded my drone, funeral and doom - library
29.04.2011 - 22:28
Timm O)))
Try Khanate, Nadja, Sunn O))), Gravetemple or Burial Chamber Trio; just to name a few.