‹‹ Back to the Metal arena Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Users visited: 308  
Search this topic:  
What is the best song of Blind Guardian for you?

Other71
Mirror Mirror35
And Then There Was Silence32
The Bard's Song - In The Forest21
Valhalla13
Battlefield11
Majesty9
Another Holy War6
Traveller In Time3

Total votes: 201

The original post

Posted by Vikcen on 14.01.2011 at 02:33
What is the best song of Blind Guardian for you?

EDIT:

Well, MetalStorm have said me that i have to provide more information in the opening post, so i will do it below:

Well, i have tried to make a list with a mix of objectivity and my personal tastes about Blind Guardian, so you can find songs that are my favorites from a particular album, and others that not. Besides this, also i have tried to include a song of each album, but finally i had to leave out "A Twist In The Myth" and "At The Edge Of Time" because i really have not felt that there is a highlighted song or near to the classic (for the moment =) ):

Majesty: Well, it is a great classic that i thought it was correct to put it.
Valhalla: The same that Majesty.
Traveller In Time: Well here, i had to put the best song from this album in my opinion, together with "Welcome To Dying" and "Lost In The Twilight Hall". What is the classic here? Maybe "Lord Of The Rings"? perhaps "Welcome To Dying"?
The Bard's Song - In The Forest: I prefer other songs from this album than this one, but in this case i had to put the great classic.
Another Holy War: Hard to pick one in this album, so i chose my favorite song.
Mirror Mirror: My favorite song from this album and also the great classic =).
Battlefield: My favorite song from Blind Guardian, together with "Mirror Mirror".
And Then There Was Silence: The masterpiece, (but still i prefer "The Soulforged" from this album).

Page 4 of 4

Dinruth

16.10.2012 at 22:40
Written by RavenKing on 17.03.2011 at 16:31

Written by Empyror on 06.02.2011 at 02:19

My favorite is the song "Nightfall." It might have my favorite vocal arrangements in a song ever.

I will never understand why so many BG fans have this song in high esteem. Imo, this song sucks and vocals are among the most annoying Hansi ever recorded.

just because of that statement I have to go for Nightfall .. no not just because of this satement .. it's just a brilliant song .. but then again there are so many brilliant BG songs out there .. tough question .. i think I' ll still stick to my initial choice ... just listen to THAT live version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrEm8jMC5Q8
LordHypnos

21.01.2013 at 20:35
Script For My Requiem. Even though I'm not very fan of Blind Guardian, Imaginations From The Other Side is my favorite BG album. I love every song in it!
ZGoten

05.04.2014 at 17:39
For me it's either Bright Eyes, Mordred's Song or Punishment Divine. I've looked around on the internet a bit, and a lot of people don't mention that latter one, which I have trouble understanding. The song is just absolutely amazing. I love everything about it. Also among the top 5 are probably Mirror Mirror and Wheel of Time.
fandango68

06.04.2014 at 00:32
'And then there was Silence' for me...

it's arguably their most progressive...
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
Frank Comstock

10.04.2014 at 05:23
Journey Through the Dark!
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
Wingtorte

22.05.2014 at 03:13
Mirror, Mirror for me. I can sit and listen to that song on repeat for an obscene amount of time!
Leni

23.05.2014 at 09:48
Voted for The Bard's Song)
Infernal Eternal

26.06.2014 at 12:12
Lost In The Twilight Hall for me.
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine
Ganondox

27.06.2014 at 16:10
Admittedly I only know Battlefield and Mirror Mirror from the poll options, but Battlefield is my favorite, so epic.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Login or register to post here.