Metal Storm logo
What is the best song of Blind Guardian for you?

Original post

Posted by Vikcen, 14.01.2011 - 02:33

EDIT:

Well, MetalStorm have said me that i have to provide more information in the opening post, so i will do it below:

Well, i have tried to make a list with a mix of objectivity and my personal tastes about Blind Guardian, so you can find songs that are my favorites from a particular album, and others that not. Besides this, also i have tried to include a song of each album, but finally i had to leave out "A Twist In The Myth" and "At The Edge Of Time" because i really have not felt that there is a highlighted song or near to the classic (for the moment =) ):

Majesty: Well, it is a great classic that i thought it was correct to put it.
Valhalla: The same that Majesty.
Traveller In Time: Well here, i had to put the best song from this album in my opinion, together with "Welcome To Dying" and "Lost In The Twilight Hall". What is the classic here? Maybe "Lord Of The Rings"? perhaps "Welcome To Dying"?
The Bard's Song - In The Forest: I prefer other songs from this album than this one, but in this case i had to put the great classic.
Another Holy War: Hard to pick one in this album, so i chose my favorite song.
Mirror Mirror: My favorite song from this album and also the great classic =).
Battlefield: My favorite song from Blind Guardian, together with "Mirror Mirror".
And Then There Was Silence: The masterpiece, (but still i prefer "The Soulforged" from this album).

Poll

Other
Mirror Mirror
And Then There Was Silence
The Bard's Song - In The Forest
Valhalla
Battlefield
Majesty
Another Holy War
Traveller In Time

Total votes: 214
05.04.2014 - 17:39
Pazu
For me it's either Bright Eyes, Mordred's Song or Punishment Divine. I've looked around on the internet a bit, and a lot of people don't mention that latter one, which I have trouble understanding. The song is just absolutely amazing. I love everything about it. Also among the top 5 are probably Mirror Mirror and Wheel of Time.
06.04.2014 - 00:32
fandango68
'And then there was Silence' for me...

it's arguably their most progressive...
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
10.04.2014 - 05:23
Journey Through the Dark!
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
22.05.2014 - 03:13
Wingtorte
Mirror, Mirror for me. I can sit and listen to that song on repeat for an obscene amount of time!
23.05.2014 - 09:48
Leni
Voted for The Bard's Song)
26.06.2014 - 12:12
Lost In The Twilight Hall for me.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
27.06.2014 - 16:10
Ganondox
Admittedly I only know Battlefield and Mirror Mirror from the poll options, but Battlefield is my favorite, so epic.