Metal Storm logo
Rockstar Supernova

08.09.2006 - 09:25
KamikazeChicken
Account deleted
Who here watches this? What do you think to it? It is a program somewhat like (insert country) Idol where there are a bunch of singers competing against each other, the difference is in this tv show the winner gets to join the band Supernova which is comprised so far of

Jason Newstead (Metallica)
Tommy Lee (Motley Crue)
Gilby Clark (GNR)

For those that watch who is your favourite singer and why?

Mine would have to be Toby, his voice is the best IMO and he has a great stage presence and wrote the best original. yeh so if you vote, vote for him.
10.09.2006 - 02:38
SkinChamber
Account deleted
Jason Newstead - Voivod, yeah he played for Metallica but fuck em'. And the show is quite simply corporate bullshit! IMO

Still my wife loves it.
13.09.2006 - 13:19
KamikazeChicken
Account deleted
true
13.09.2006 - 22:31
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
Elite
I've watched every single episode except any of those reality episodes.. I think this show is really entertaining but that's about it.. I really can't take any of those musicians (Gilby, Tommy and Jason) seriously after this besides every single Supernova song so far have sucked so bad.. I mean rock'n roll? nowhere near, the show is like a goddamn jehova's witness convention, like "give a big hand for Supernova, the best band in the whole universum!", "give a big hand for Mr. Tommy Lee the greatest and most handsome drummer ever!!" c'mon, they're creating this fake image of unlimited worshipping when actually noone are interested on them but the guys and girls in the competition and also the band sounds like a good players playing garage band's demo songs.
Well about the singers, there's a lot of good ones.. I really liked Ryan Star and Strom Large but out of those who are still on the competition I would say Toby and Magni, both have a good voice and really nice stage charisma.
What I don't understand is this Dilana-hype, I mean she's got an original voice and has more personality than all the other competitors together BUT she always sounds exact same, it doesn't matter what song she sings it souds like the one before, boring.. I really don't think she's anything special.. original yes, but not special.
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
14.09.2006 - 05:11
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I finished watching the final just now (its still on lol) and the only person that i really disliked was Lucas ... and he won

Just the way he uses his voice when delivering the words just does not appeal for me, half the time durring the show i could really understand what he was saying. Also the way he preforms on stage bugs me soo much... I dont know, think I just dont like him (hopefully you'll understand).

My favourites out of the show would of been Magni and Toby. They both have great good 'rock' voices that would suit that band more than Dilana and the now new front person, Lucas. I agree with the bands thoughts on Magni when he was in the bottom two in the final four saying that he was more playing with the band than actually taking the roll of a front man. Though I didnt think he would be chossen to leave. Also with Toby's final deliberation, the band said that his vocals were the best to cut through the guitar.

Personally the hype around Dilana was way to much. Sure she had the most personality and an original kind of smokey sounding voice, but i dont think i could see her fronting Supernova. When they said Lucas had won, Gilby offered her his services to co-write and produce an album for her and Dave also said that he'd but some guitar in there aswell which was good of them.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
14.09.2006 - 19:50
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Whoever thinks that they're so important that they need to waste precious airtime to create a band in front of millions of viewers for ratings isn't worth my time...a lot of what this is contradicts the original values of many of these artists...for shame, Jason, Tommy and Gilby...reality television is one of the lowest forms of entertainment and to drag rock/metal into it's horrible hole is simply ridiculous and must be stopped...
15.09.2006 - 12:43
KamikazeChicken
Account deleted
I agree that the band supernova sucks, and Lukas was probably my least favourite out of the final 4, but his original song "headspin" was pretty damn awesome.
21.09.2006 - 20:18
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
I cant fuckin believe that lucas won. toby and magni were the best ,and it either deserved to b toby or magni
tobys own comp was just awesome really catchy.storm was also good and hot
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
05.10.2006 - 08:05
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...it already finished?? lol i just saw the 1st episode
...didn't like it much though...what is jason newsted doing in a show like that?? daaaghh...
...lucas is the guy with the peculiar look and eye painting right??...i figured out he was going to win since i heard him...imo not the best show...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
22.10.2006 - 02:31
Darky
Account deleted
There was a concert in Iceland just a few days ago with Magni and Dilana. Pretty awesome.