Metal Storm logo
Redemption - New Album Due Later This Year

Redemption - the US progressive metal band featuring in its ranks guitarist/songwriter Nick van Dyk and legendary Fates Warning vocalist Ray Alder - will release its fifth studio album, This Mortal Coil, on September 26th in Europe and October 11th in North America via InsideOut Music.

The follow-up to 2009's Snowfall On Judgment Day was recorded and mixed with producer Neil Kernon (Queensrÿche, Nevermore, Deicide). The CD's cover artwork was created by acclaimed artist and longtime band collaborator Travis Smith (Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold, Nevermore).

Commented Nick van Dyk: "I'm extremely pleased to announce that work on This Mortal Coil has been completed. It was a pleasure to work with Neil Kernon during the production, although I dare say we had more challenges and curve-balls in this process than either of us is accustomed to. Nonetheless, we overcame everything in our path, from Internet failures to lightning strikes, and since one of the themes of this CD is essentially overcoming adversity, the production process served as a bit of a metaphor for the whole concept!

The new CD continues our creative effort to combine heaviness with melody ? fusing those disparate elements has always been part of Redemption's sound, along with an element that I have called emotional urgency, which we've maintained here. All in all, it sounds like Redemption - although importantly I think it's by far our best-sounding record, owing to the work of Neil Kernon and the mastering of Alan Douches."

Regarding the artwork, Van Dyk said: "We have worked once again with the incredibly talented Travis Smith on our art; we work very well together and he has a proven knack for bringing my concepts to life visually."

In other news, Redemption will headline this year's edition of the ProgPower Europe festival and embark on a European mini-tour.

The twelfth installment of the ProgPower Europe festival will take place in Baarlo, Holland, October 1-2.

Redemption will play the last show on this visit at the inaugural edition of the Denmark Rock Festival on October 8 in Copenhagen, Denmark at the venue The Rock.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Redemption
Posted: 30.07.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 36 users
30.07.2011 - 22:11
Yugosaki

Looking forward to this
----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEBpRWr2IA
31.07.2011 - 02:42