Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - No Reunion After All

After all the speculation of Black Sabbath reforming, Tony Iommi has posted a new statement on his official website calling the apparent reunion "absolute nonsense". Here is his statement:

I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.

At the time I was supporting the Home of Metal exhibition and was merely speculating, shooting the breeze, on something all of us get asked constantly, "Are you getting back together?"

Thanks to the internet it's gone round the world as some sort of "official" statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

to my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better.

All the best, Tony

Source: Link

Previously...

In news that could potentially piss off any fan of Black Sabbath if it weren't true, the original Black Sabbath line-up (Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward) has reformed.

Despite what Geezer Butler originally said, it has been confirmed that the four musicians have been secretly working on rehearsing for a tour and writing a brand new album. As stated by Iommi in an interview with BPM Media (Sunday Mercury, Birmingham Mail): "We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we've been writing is really good, it's more back to the old original stuff."

He also explained in the interview how Ozzy was the worst at keeping this project under wraps. "It's all been very hush-hush. Ozzy's been the worst at trying to hold it back. He's doing a lot of TV and he's being asked stuff about a reunion and he's going 'well I never say never'. He told me, 'I don't know what to say'." Iommi was also concerned with the performance of drummer Bill Ward, due to his health conditions and a heart attack that he suffered: "He hasn't been 100 per cent. He had an operation a few months ago, so we'll see how he is."

Original source: Link

Source: iommi.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Posted: 16.08.2011 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   [ 7 ignored ]   Visited by: 455 users
16.08.2011 - 18:37
Jack---
Not sure if I believe these rumors
----
Everything was perfect. Then came the 90's..
16.08.2011 - 18:39
Void Eater
Account deleted
Get a better singer. Ozzy was holding Sabbath back in their early years, and has only gotten worse.
16.08.2011 - 18:39
baldur
Omg
16.08.2011 - 18:53
Anklรคger
This would piss me off if it were true...
Unless it's extremely old-school and none of this bollocks that all of them have been spewing out lately (aside from Heaven and Hell)
16.08.2011 - 18:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
Cool stuff, would be good to see them.
16.08.2011 - 19:07
SlaytanicGonzo
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah! It's my dream to see them live.
16.08.2011 - 19:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Damn, i will do all i can do to attend one of their shows.
16.08.2011 - 19:16
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
The original metal band is back. Can we ask for better?
16.08.2011 - 19:24
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
If Ozzy weren't so incredibly abysmal on stage, maybe whis would excite a few people. But since he is, meh!
----
16.08.2011 - 20:32
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Well, I'd defiantly want to go and see these guys. I really don't care if they're past their prime. I just hope they don't just play the same old setlist filled with all their "hits" that they always do. Hopefully their new stuff will be good.
16.08.2011 - 20:40
In Bone Factory
OMFG
----
The End Is Nigh ...
16.08.2011 - 20:47
Jan
Why risk tarnish the legacy? Better to let the past be just that.
16.08.2011 - 21:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
.........but willl there be Orginal sound?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.08.2011 - 21:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 16.08.2011 at 21:11

Excellent question, one that many probably haven't asked themselves.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.08.2011 - 21:19
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 16.08.2011 at 21:02

Written by Jan on 16.08.2011 at 20:47

Exactly what I thought. Ozzy is shit now. RJD was brilliant, but now unfortunatly gone. If Sabbath are to continue they need a new, different, unknown? singer. Create a new legacy. Not a cash cow.

Let me tell you a story of when they tried to recreate their legacy with a new singer before:

Forbidden,

The End.
16.08.2011 - 21:26
Silent Jay
Written by Guest on 16.08.2011 at 21:19

Written by Irritable Ted on 16.08.2011 at 21:02

Written by Jan on 16.08.2011 at 20:47

Exactly what I thought. Ozzy is shit now. RJD was brilliant, but now unfortunatly gone. If Sabbath are to continue they need a new, different, unknown? singer. Create a new legacy. Not a cash cow.

Let me tell you a story of when they tried to recreate their legacy with a new singer before:

Forbidden,

The End.
Would be funny, and somewhat true, if the punch line was Born Again, Seventh Star or Eternal Idol

I'll believe it when it gets a release. I've forgotten how many times this has happened in the past 15 years-ish since their original reunion, only for it to end up being a few shows and any plans for new material get scrapped in favor of a crappy Ozzy Osbourne solo album. So I don't see it being more than a few festival shows next year, if they even manage to survive until then. But I do hope otherwise...
16.08.2011 - 22:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.08.2011 at 21:16

Written by Bad English on 16.08.2011 at 21:11

Excellent question, one that many probably haven't asked themselves.

i saw H&H 2 years ago and i can safely say Iommi and Butler are still very much kings of their own instruments.. can't say the same thing for Ozzy (and maybe Ward) though. anyway if they play Wacken next year i'm pretty sure i'll attend.

this is after all, most probably the last time they ever do this kinda thing, seeing how old they all are. still, i'm pretty sure those 40-year old absolute metal classics like Children of the Grave or Fairies Wear Boots will sound absolutely devastating.
edit, from www.iommi.com :

Black Sabbath Re-Union Speculation
16th August 2011
Black Sabbath Re-Union

I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.

At the time I was supporting the Home of Metal exhibition and was merely shooting the breeze in a relaxed atmosphere, speculating on something all of us get asked constantly "Are you getting back together?"

Thanks to the internet it's now gone round the world as some sort of "official" statement on my part, absolute nonsense.

I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

To my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better.

All the best, Tony
16.08.2011 - 23:39
Project Endgame
Account deleted
Great. I've effectively annoyed the Sabbath fans on this site because of how gullible I am...
16.08.2011 - 23:47
I would love if Jorn Landetook the vocals!! The Heaven ans Hell tribute to RJD was awesome!
16.08.2011 - 23:48
Lit.
Account deleted
Wow, that was fast.
16.08.2011 - 23:52
Elodie Artour
Slania
LOL

That was all I had to say.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
16.08.2011 - 23:58
Mad Mike
Deep down I knew this rumour was bullshit. I really don't think Tony and Geezer want to get back together with Mr. Sharon Osbourne after the whole ''you guys can't be called Black Sabbath without me'' nonsense.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
17.08.2011 - 00:01
I knew this was coming, lol. Too bad, it would have been interesting after all these years. Although I really wouldn't have had high hopes for it being awesome, because with all due respect, I did not care for Heaven and Hell, and IMO Ozzy needs to retire from music completely.
17.08.2011 - 00:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Heh, this april's fools' joke came some months too late
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.08.2011 - 00:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
When it was linked in the shoutbox the other day we were already laying waste to the site's credibility. Not a surprise by any stretch.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.08.2011 - 00:49
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Heh, oh well.
17.08.2011 - 01:21
Void Eater
Account deleted
Glad to see it's false, Sabbath doesn't need Sucky Suckbourne soiling their legacy.
17.08.2011 - 01:41
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Of course
17.08.2011 - 01:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Now tomorrow in MS," baaaam! They are back again!!!!! sorry for that crap".

WTF is going out here??!
17.08.2011 - 02:13
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Meh...

Hits total: 6103 | This month: 25