Scorpions - Lonesome Crow2
Thin Lizzy - Thin Lizzy1
Deep Purple - Shades Of Deep Purple0
Alice Cooper - Pretties For You0
UFO - UFO I0

Total votes: 88

The original post

Posted by Tiago Rocha on 20.08.2011 at 03:38
Let's go back in time. In the 60's, a revolution took place in the music stage, taking it to another level. An heavy level. Iggy Pop and a bunch of other crazy dope aliens had already sent a serious message, but the real pioneers, were yet to come. This newcomers, were about to change things again... Ya'll know who they are so let's cut to the chase.

These are all pre-1975 albums. They belong to bands that, in a way or another, helped the heavy metal growth in mid-70's.
I want to know which one of them makes the best debut overall. Which one made its band start its career off the best? Which one contributed the most to the evolution of heavy metal from hard-rock?
I choose the Led Zeppelin's one, not only for personal reasons, but also for Plant's vocal skills, the guitar riffs, and that instrumental drum track... I find it a fun record, and i really think that music was ahead of its time. IMO it's their best record, and the big responsible for hard-rock/heavy metal launch, side by side with black sabbath's two first ones. If i had to choose a 2nd one from the list, i'd go for the Judas Priest debut. I just love the mixing of blues, rock and hard-rock they did there. An highly underrated record from Priest's hard-rock era.

Page 2 of 2

Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

20.12.2013 at 04:42
Written by deadone on 20.12.2013 at 04:08
My favourite debuts - you needed "Other" as a poll option.

The OP actually specifically asked for your favorite among those listed.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Yossarian

04.07.2014 at 12:28
Hi

I chose Led Zeppelin, though the choice was between them and Black Sabbath really. The other debut albums in the query were not very good or not quite metal/hard rock related. Particularly the ones from Scorpions, Judas and Deep Purple are horrible.
Guib

07.07.2014 at 05:40
Written by Yossarian on 04.07.2014 at 12:28

Hi

The other debut albums in the query were not very good or not quite metal/hard rock related. Particularly the ones from Scorpions, Judas and Deep Purple are horrible.

I'm sorry ?.. what do you mean they are not quite METAL/HARD ROCK related lol. they are all Hard Rock releases without exceptions.
I'm not gonna comment on *Were not very good* since it's all about your preferences, but yeah it's Hard Rock man, even though you don't like it.
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Un-Born Again

31.07.2014 at 08:26
Out of the list I choose Black Sabbath's debut.
I like that one the most, out of the list that is.
Second choice would be Led Zeppelin.
Rocka Rolla is an okay album too, but not as good when compared to Priest's later albums.
Ganondox

04.08.2014 at 06:34
Honestly the only song I really like from Black Sabbath is NIB (though I recognize the song Black Sabbath's importance), and Rocka Rolla also kinda sucks, so I'm going with the Led Zep one. Not familiar with any of the other ones.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.