Metal Storm logo
Video Games You're Playing

Original post

Posted by IronAngel, 26.01.2015 - 15:35
I never got around to Hearts of Iron since Europa Universalis IV and especially Crusader Kings II are so good. Man, CK2 is maybe the best strategy game ever and certainly the best medieval videogame experience.

The learning curve in those games, at least, isn't so bad once you figure out what you're supposed to be doing. I figured them out pretty good, and I'm the kind of person who gave up on the X series after one tutorial (and I know I would love it if I just made the effort to learn it). Unlike most strategy games, they're not so focused on infrastructure and army building. EU seems to be about systematic expansion and diplomacy (played it less) and CK2 all about consolidating rule for the future.
25.01.2024 - 20:28
IronAngel

Written by ylside on 21.01.2024 at 21:30

How did you play ? I played Subnatucai in a very counterintuitive way by having a very small base near the first lifepod... and basically spent the entire game going back and forth, like a real job, you explore then go back home to build or restock stuff etc... turns out most people don't do that, and played without the hunger mechanic (just wanted the exploration), maybe this time I'll do the full experience.

Seamoth "adventures" were the best, Shrimp was waky but fun, big submarine was just a waste of time imo.

I was a bit of a wimp at first, just sticking near the starting shallows in a half-assed base at first, but I made my proper main base right on the eldge of the green kelp zone and the one with the red grass and floater pillars, above the entrance to the mushroom caves (where one of those early lifepods is). For the majority of my run, I just used the Seamoth with two storage compartments to travel back and forth.

I found the last Cyclops recipe very late, and started using it and upgraded Prawn Suit together. Basically packed an entire mobile base into Cyclops, lined the walls with lockers, and went for the late-game areas. I built a refuelling/scanning base first at the river entrance, then dismantled it and moved it into the tree cove. It was pretty useless at that point, though, I got to recharge by power cells a few times but didn't actually need to - had plenty to spare. Just felt nice to have a home away from home while I explored the deepest regions.
10.02.2024 - 22:19
Joppe
Steelemeister
Hmmm I never expected there would be games like Baldur's Gate 3 or Jagged Alliance 3.

Most recently I finished Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and these are good games in overall, maybe 2,5/5 for the former and 3/5 for the latter in rating with both games having some flaws and bad design. Pillars of Eternity was better. I also finished Hard West 2, which is good after getting a hang of the mechanics and can set the difficulty high enough, 4/5 game for me. And Tower of Time is still unfinished, another good game if you don't mind the repetitive combat.

I don't think I will be buying BG3 because it doesn't look true to the predecessors and 60€ price, but I think I will get JA3. Maybe there will be Icewind Dale 3 too some day
----
My vision is augmented
13.02.2024 - 00:02
ylside

Written by Joppe on 10.02.2024 at 22:19

I don't think I will be buying BG3 because it doesn't look true to the predecessors and 60€ price, but I think I will get JA3. Maybe there will be Icewind Dale 3 too some day

Tried Age of Decadence ?
13.02.2024 - 08:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 10.02.2024 at 22:19

Hmmm I never expected there would be games like Baldur's Gate 3 or Jagged Alliance 3.

Most recently I finished Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and these are good games in overall, maybe 2,5/5 for the former and 3/5 for the latter in rating with both games having some flaws and bad design. Pillars of Eternity was better. I also finished Hard West 2, which is good after getting a hang of the mechanics and can set the difficulty high enough, 4/5 game for me. And Tower of Time is still unfinished, another good game if you don't mind the repetitive combat.

You play PC games, I tjought you're 80's trashing man whit beer can in your hands what dont play PC games, what wears letter and jeans and has old school hair style
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.02.2024 - 20:25
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by ylside on 13.02.2024 at 00:02

Tried Age of Decadence ?

Not yet, thanks for mention it, I think I'll be trying/buying it in future along with Solastra Crown of the Magister.
----
My vision is augmented
14.02.2024 - 20:43
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2024 at 08:07

You play PC games, I tjought you're 80's trashing man whit beer can in your hands what dont play PC games, what wears letter and jeans and has old school hair style

Yes I have been gaming since the old school days of 90s with 8-bit Nintendo, SNES, Sega and Playstation 1. It was good times when people would gather together to play with one console some times with multiple controllers, no internet. Classic gaming days
----
My vision is augmented
17.02.2024 - 04:46
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
GTA SA. Cruising along the highway from Los Santos to San Fierro with Blood stain Child's Stargazer playing as I 'acquire' cars for the import/export list.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
21.02.2024 - 16:23
nonZero

Elden Ring DLC is out on 21st June for any fans who missed it:

----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)