‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 296  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.01.2013 at 04:21
Written by Oaken on 17.01.2013 at 16:30

Been playing Dark Souls for a while now. I'm fifteen hours into the game, soul level 51 (I glitched A LOT in Darkroot Garden), and I got past the Depths and Blighttown (it was fairly easy). Both the Gaping Dragon and Queelag gave me no trouble at all. I killed both with the Drake sword, but I feel Sen's fortress needs a better weapon. Can you please help me out with this? I've got Battle Axe +6 but it's still weaker than the Drake sword, which isn't that powerful ATM in the first place. Also, where can I find Large Titanite Shards? Finally, can you give me any tips on how to kill Great Grey Wolf Sif? He's quite swift and his double sword swipe can't be easily blocked.

EDIT: Any tips on killing Havel The Rock?

Wow, you got to Darkroot Garden pretty quick. I'm fairly sure I was still exploiting the red dragon thing exploit at that point (and then did the Darkroot exploit until about level 70 or 80).

I'd go for either a Balder Side Sword, or the Great Scythe, which you can just search for on Google how to get, not easy, only the Balder sword is a lucky drop, but really only took 90 - 120 minutes of intensive grinding for (the only two weapons I really used for my playthrough, then again I was a DEX heavy user, which apparently has far fewer potential than other classes so I had little choice but to use those). They both have amazing technique and range. Of course if you're STR user then this info is totally useless and you should look at other weapons, most of which level well with STR it seems).

And yeah, funny you mention Havel as he gave me a huge amount of trouble. It's just about technique and familiarity. He killed me about 2 or 3 times before I learned that he's easy if you just roll with his moves.

Page 34 of 34

Slayer666

19.10.2014 at 18:36
Yea, Nemesis is stupid overhyped. It's a decent mechanic that can be fun for a while, but the way people are going about it makes it sound like it revolutionized video-games.

In other news, I finally gave in and played all Mass Effect 3 DLCs.

The Citadel is now my favorite DLC for any game ever released, period. It's obvious and cheesy fan-service, but done so goddamn well I don't even care. I dislike Bioware somewhat less now.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

19.10.2014 at 18:44
Yeah I think the mechanics in Shadow of the Empire Mordor were sound, but it did sort of feel like a 10 -12 hour spectacle action game masquerading as an RPG that outstayed its welcome. I think my other issue is that the tone, characters and art style didn't really lend itself to the LotR universe much and it all felt a bit flat.

I even read a comment of someone saying that the Nemesis system of the best example of "next-gen" there is. Lol.

The Citadel is probably my best memory of ME3. It was a nice apology, sort of, after the ending fiasco and I prefer to think of it as the end of the game in many ways. I'm always surprised when people say they don't like it. I've still not played Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC though, which is said to be pretty damn good.
----
Slayer666

19.10.2014 at 18:56
And unlike the actual ending of ME3, you're actually rewarded for doing stuff in the Citadel DLC. The final party is only really great if the entire gang is there, which takes a bit of work (namely importing the save from ME1 where Wrex survived as well as the save from ME2 in which everyone survived and completing all quests in ME3 related to them).

Shadow Broker was pretty good in the storyline/writing department, but I hated the fact it was for ME2 which had, by far, the crappiest gameplay.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

19.10.2014 at 23:49
I think Alien Isolation's lack of save points could ruin the enjoyment for me. Spending 45 minutes carefully navigating and sneaking your way through hostiles to then make one mistake and die and be sent right back to the last save point to do it all again is not cool.
----
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

20.10.2014 at 00:32
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.10.2014 at 23:49

I think Alien Isolation's lack of save points could ruin the enjoyment for me. Spending 45 minutes carefully navigating and sneaking your way through hostiles to then make one mistake and die and be sent right back to the last save point to do it all again is not cool.

Yup it can get annoying. Sometimes I had to take a detour to a previous save but backtracking is usually safe. Eh, there are a few dumb parts like that though. I'm not sure how far you are but eventually there are enemy humans in the environment that you can use as bait >:) makes some neat replay ability.
----
I have no patience for minds that do not inspire me or explode by trying.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

20.10.2014 at 00:34
Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 00:32

Yup it can get annoying. Sometimes I had to take a detour to a previous save but backtracking is usually safe. Eh, there are a few dumb parts like that though. I'm not sure how far you are but eventually there are enemy humans in the environment that you can use as bait >:) makes some neat replay ability.

I guess I should think about looking for more save points too. Problem is I get so caught up in not being seen that I totally forget about it. But yeah, sounds like I need to play more intelligently.
----
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

20.10.2014 at 01:02
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 20.10.2014 at 00:34

Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 00:32

I guess I should think about looking for more save points too. Problem is I get so caught up in not being seen that I totally forget about it. But yeah, sounds like I need to play more intelligently.

Ya dummy... not really though those saves are a legit complaint.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

20.10.2014 at 01:03
Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 01:02

Ya dummy... not really though those saves are a legit complaint.

I'm also probably spoiled by autosaves on just about every other PC game At least the game isn't a rogue-like.
----
deadone
Mainstream Poser

20.10.2014 at 02:16
Written by -DC-002- on 19.10.2014 at 07:18

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The mechanics of Assassins creed and those batman arkham games combined more or less. Also the same graphics but a bit better. It has a cool ranking system among the enemy chiefs which is where most of the game play comes from. The story was kind of garbage with dialogue either being poorly written, acted or both. . It's not bad, ill give it a 7.8. It's really not worth $50-60 so i'd wait to buy this one if your interested.

One thing is, I probably liked this more because I'm a fan of LotR. It's pretty awesome at first but the Universes content seems to get a little shallow by the end of the game.

My brother just dropped this one off. Hopefully it'll be fun to play at least.
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

20.10.2014 at 03:11
Written by deadone on 20.10.2014 at 02:16

Written by -DC-002- on 19.10.2014 at 07:18

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. The mechanics of Assassins creed and those batman arkham games combined more or less. Also the same graphics but a bit better. It has a cool ranking system among the enemy chiefs which is where most of the game play comes from. The story was kind of garbage with dialogue either being poorly written, acted or both. . It's not bad, ill give it a 7.8. It's really not worth $50-60 so i'd wait to buy this one if your interested.

One thing is, I probably liked this more because I'm a fan of LotR. It's pretty awesome at first but the Universes content seems to get a little shallow by the end of the game.

My brother just dropped this one off. Hopefully it'll be fun to play at least.

I'm sure you'll have fun with it. The game play is pretty solid for what its worth. My critique might sound a little harsh but there's plenty to enjoy about it
----
deadone
Mainstream Poser

Today at 03:45
Written by -DC-002- on 20.10.2014 at 03:11

I'm sure you'll have fun with it. The game play is pretty solid for what its worth. My critique might sound a little harsh but there's plenty to enjoy about it

So I tried Shadow of Mordor and played it for about 3 hours.

Didn't like it:

1. Combat system was clunky compared to other similar games. Didn't like the whole executing stunned opponents thing simply cause it prolonged combats too much (e.g. "I've stunned an opponent after hacking him 6 times but can't finish him off cause there's 4 other opponents to finish).

2. The world was boring. Hey look randomly placed ruins. Hey look guards guarding nothing.

3. Getting to any story event was a chore as you had to be on your guard all the fucking time. And if you died, you were back at the starting point and had to do it all again - just ti get to the story event.

Other games dump you near where you died which is usually fine.

4. It was just about fighting but the fighting wasn't that cool or epic. It was a slog. I expect more variety from sandbox games.

5. The constant babble between the ranger and his ghost elf buddy was irritating.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.