‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 274  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Slayer666 on 19.04.2012 at 16:00
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.04.2012 at 02:18

Relax a sec big guy!. Even tho it had it's moments (the haunted house scene), overall it was a great idea executed poorly. First game to license the HL2 engine, it was broke as hell and the developers didn't do shit to fix it. The game lives on because of the community and modders.

Hogwash, I say! The haunted hotel was just one of the few dozen brilliant moments. Yes, it is broken, but one patch fixes the majority of the problems. Is downloading one patch too hard? I think not. The developers couldn't have done much due to the lack of funds: the game wasn't selling too well.

As for the "poorly executed" part, well yea, the combat could have been slightly better and the game could have been somewhat longer and more difficult. That's it, everything else is perfect for me.

And since you've mentioned mods, the lack of quality content (that I know of) is disturbing. There is a huuuuge mod called "Antitribu" that's supposed to be out in a few months, that one looks like it will be a wet dream come true.

Page 34 of 34

!J.O.O.E.!

18.04.2014 at 20:40
Finally got into FTL. Damn, that game is addictive. It seems a bit overwhelming at first but after half an hour or so it's easy to get the hang of. Mastering it is going to take some doing though; only just discovered the benefits of drones and I suspect I'm going to have to mix up my weapons a bit to make it through the later areas. Great soundtrack too.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

18.04.2014 at 22:21
Written by BoxCar Willy on 14.04.2014 at 05:08

Just going to throw it out there: Fallout 3 is the best game evar.

Literally (aside from children being unkillable) a flawless game IMO.
----
"Marcel saw 1th Ron Jeremey movie when it was out on VHS" -K7
!J.O.O.E.!

18.04.2014 at 22:39
Written by Mattybu on 18.04.2014 at 22:21

For all its bugs and issues I found New Vegas to be the better game. More interesting world, better missions etc. Not that I don't like 3, I love it in fact, I just found NV improved on it in most ways.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

18.04.2014 at 23:01
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.04.2014 at 22:39

Written by Mattybu on 18.04.2014 at 22:21

For all its bugs and issues I found New Vegas to be the better game. More interesting world, better missions etc. Not that I don't like 3, I love it in fact, I just found NV improved on it in most ways.

I found NV to be a better game "on paper". What I mean by that is more weapons, more customizations, more plotline paths, etc etc. The bugs really didn't bother me. And while it was a very memorable and engaging game (I distinctly remember staying up at night thinking about how I was going to take over the strip, I couldn't stop thinking about that shit while I played through), I find Fallout 3 just got to that special place in my heart that games rarely take me. That world is just a world that I wanted to explore and everything you did in the game had weight to it. Really they are both fantastic but Fallout 3 is slightly better for me. I also have a soft spot for it because it was my first PS3 game, other than Uncharted which my PS3 came bundled with (I got Fallout 3 at the same time I got the PS3 which was at Christmas and played it first).
----
!J.O.O.E.!

18.04.2014 at 23:26
Written by Mattybu on 18.04.2014 at 23:01

I found NV to be a better game "on paper". What I mean by that is more weapons, more customizations, more plotline paths, etc etc. The bugs really didn't bother me. And while it was a very memorable and engaging game (I distinctly remember staying up at night thinking about how I was going to take over the strip, I couldn't stop thinking about that shit while I played through), I find Fallout 3 just got to that special place in my heart that games rarely take me. That world is just a world that I wanted to explore and everything you did in the game had weight to it. Really they are both fantastic but Fallout 3 is slightly better for me. I also have a soft spot for it because it was my first PS3 game, other than Uncharted which my PS3 came bundled with (I got Fallout 3 at the same time I got the PS3 which was at Christmas and played it first).

Well I certainly can't argue with that, I know the feeling very well indeed. Both really are excellent games. Here's hoping Fallout 4 will be as good.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

19.04.2014 at 00:51
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.04.2014 at 23:26

Here's hoping Fallout 4 will be as good.

I put myself in the "you have the formula down right, don't get it messed up category"... Even though the critics always complain, if they stick to the system of the previous games it should satisfy me.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

19.04.2014 at 01:07
Written by Mattybu on 19.04.2014 at 00:51

I put myself in the "you have the formula down right, don't get it messed up category"... Even though the critics always complain, if they stick to the system of the previous games it should satisfy me.

Fingers crossed they won't compromise the depth and size for zwsme graphics. I've often noticed that when a series gets a graphical upgrade it's usually at the expense of pretty much everything else. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were kind of behind the times in the graphics department when they were released but it didn't stop them being great. Let's hope the devs realise that.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

19.04.2014 at 04:10
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2014 at 01:07

Fingers crossed they won't compromise the depth and size for zwsme graphics. I've often noticed that when a series gets a graphical upgrade it's usually at the expense of pretty much everything else. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were kind of behind the times in the graphics department when they were released but it didn't stop them being great. Let's hope the devs realise that.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And really, graphics shmaphics, tons of games from the 80s and 90s still kick mondo ass.
----
whatsacow

23.04.2014 at 08:40
Written by Mattybu on 19.04.2014 at 04:10

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2014 at 01:07

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And really, graphics shmaphics, tons of games from the 80s and 90s still kick mondo ass.

Yeah, it's like each Elder Scrolls game got shorter as the graphics got better. However, I would say that I would be fine with a smaller world if that meant it was more detailed and had more shit in it.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
!J.O.O.E.!

23.04.2014 at 13:29
Written by whatsacow on 23.04.2014 at 08:40

Yeah, it's like each Elder Scrolls game got shorter as the graphics got better. However, I would say that I would be fine with a smaller world if that meant it was more detailed and had more shit in it.

That's my issue with the last two Elder Scrolls game. Decent sized worlds, but after exploring for a while it feels very empty and devoid of life. I'm fine with a smaller sandbox if it's more vibrant and handcrafted. I miss Morrowind's amazing and unique artstyle with lots of little hamlets spread all over the island and knowing that without having to install mods there are loads of legendary weapons and armour waiting to be found, not the level-oriented loot crap of the last two games.
----
Alex Fenger
Lemon

23.04.2014 at 14:50
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.04.2014 at 13:29

That's my issue with the last two Elder Scrolls game. Decent sized worlds, but after exploring for a while it feels very empty and devoid of life. I'm fine with a smaller sandbox if it's more vibrant and handcrafted. I miss Morrowind's amazing and unique artstyle with lots of little hamlets spread all over the island and knowing that without having to install mods there are loads of legendary weapons and armour waiting to be found, not the level-oriented loot crap of the last two games.

I completely agree with this, however, with mods (of which I have 150+ installed...) Skyrim is my favorite game ever. And I think some credit has to be given to Bethesda for their willingness and eagerness to let the community create masses of free, often DLC sized, content for the game. It's really unbelievable what some people have done to the game

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.