‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 300  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by tea[m]ster on 23.03.2013 at 00:04
Written by IronAngel on 15.03.2013 at 13:52

Finished playthroughs of Bioshock

Dude, was that not one of the best games you've ever played? The storyline and plot twists are the best in any video game ever. The ending was fantastic!

Page 34 of 34

Dima

06.12.2014 at 14:46
'and i won't hit any trees'. Not hard when they're scattered 10 metres from eachother. No Man's Sky looks way too ambitious to be honest. I just don't see everything they're saying become a reality.
!J.O.O.E.!
Thought Police

06.12.2014 at 14:53
Written by Dima on 06.12.2014 at 14:46

'and i won't hit any trees'. Not hard when they're scattered 10 metres from eachother. No Man's Sky looks way too ambitious to be honest. I just don't see everything they're saying become a reality.

Well they haven't really said anything to be honest =P They've made some vague references about exploration and being able to name a planet after yourself and that's about as far as they've gone. No one really knows what the aim of the game is as far as I know and what the meat of the gameplay will involve, aside from some dog fighting.

And yeah, SotC's Agro more or less nailed the "don't run off a cliff" thing some time ago.

Probably just complaining unnecessarily, and Zelda will be great. I still haven't even played Skyward Sword yet anyway.
----
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

06.12.2014 at 14:58
Written by Dima on 22.11.2014 at 04:58

Aforementioned love scene if anyone else is curious:

Funny how they keep the door open, despite the naked minotaur.
Was that Cullen guy in Dragon Age 2? He looks familiar. (looks like Anders, actually)
----
"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "How does he know what I'm thinking?" Well I know everything, and so does your internet service provider."
"I can hope my ass is made of ice cream, but that don't m
Dima

06.12.2014 at 15:05
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 06.12.2014 at 14:53

Written by Dima on 06.12.2014 at 14:46

Well they haven't really said anything to be honest =P They've made some vague references about exploration and being able to name a planet after yourself and that's about as far as they've gone. No one really knows what the aim of the game is as far as I know and what the meat of the gameplay will involve, aside from some dog fighting.

And yeah, SotC's Agro more or less nailed the "don't run off a cliff" thing some time ago.

Probably just complaining unnecessarily, and Zelda will be great. I still haven't even played Skyward Sword yet anyway.

I'm sure they'll fill the world up with more trees

Well they've said it'll have infinite unique worlds. I don't buy that but i'll gladly eat my words because the game does look gorgeous. I hope there's a reaper easter egg :3
Dima

06.12.2014 at 15:06
Written by M C Vice on 06.12.2014 at 14:58

Written by Dima on 22.11.2014 at 04:58

Aforementioned love scene if anyone else is curious:

Funny how they keep the door open, despite the naked minotaur.
Was that Cullen guy in Dragon Age 2? He looks familiar. (looks like Anders, actually)

Is that a rhetorical question? If not, I dunno. I've heard DA2 is worse than aids.
Uldreth

06.12.2014 at 18:53
Written by Dima on 06.12.2014 at 15:06

Is that a rhetorical question? If not, I dunno. I've heard DA2 is worse than aids.

I would not say so.

Gameplay-wise it is dumbed down compared to DA I, which is, keep in mind, dumbed down compared to its spiritual predecessors, á la Baldur's Gate II and Neverwinter Nights II (and thank god it is, at least DA I feels like a computer game rather than a direct adaptation of p&p RPG, which is something that works pretty badly on PC imo), but I, personally don't play these kind of games for gameplay, but for immersion, so I actually prefer enough depth for me to be able to select ability progression for my character from a wide variety of choices, but not the super serial tactical turn-based combat BS that turned me away from nearly every DnD adaptation except for PS:T.

It is also true, that it was rushed, so most caverns and areas were recycled, which is not good, buuuut, where that game is a massive win is the story department.

DA I was a generic RPG in this regard. You are the mofo hero and you have to save the world from a big-ass dragon, there is political intrigue as well but it is clear who is evil and who is not, there are some interesting characters, but many feel like one-trick ponies to me.
Contrasting to this, you play a character in DA II that is almost an everyman, who is stuck in a world that went completely mad, most of the characters I find to be quite 3-dimensional, interesting and relatable, the game's story is quite deconstructive in its nature, there is no real good and evil here, and as such the socio-political conflict that is at the heart of the game's story is thought-provoking, and hell, I can even defend the lack of effective choice in the game, since it was intended to play out as a tragedy, and that requires an impending doom, and if you could have prevented [SPOILER ALERT]Anders from blowing up the chapel[SPOILER OVER], then that would not have been present.

I'm not saying that it is a perfect game, because the issues outlined above are real but the story itself had me hooked more than DA I's.
----
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:06

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
Dima

09.12.2014 at 13:12
Just finished To The Moon. Short story driven indie game that one minute will make you laugh and the next will make you cry. Great stuff.

Written by Uldreth on 06.12.2014 at 18:53

words

Hehe to the each their own but when I do need to rely on someone for their thoughts on a game I haven't played there's a very small bunch of people I go to and they're all more or less offended at the catastrophe that is DA:2 because it essentially changed everything that DA:O did right. It's never a franchise that has properly appealed to me. I've played about 20 hours of Origins and despite it being enjoyable, my motive behind playing it was to please the fantasy RPG crave that I had because of The Witcher 3 (absence). Not exactly the correct mindset you wanna be in when delving into a long RPG hence why I threw it out the airlock and moved on to Stalker instead. Maybe once the torrent drops I'll play it, but nothing from the dozen or so hours I've seen so far has made me yearn it in the slightest.
IronAngel

09.12.2014 at 13:32
DA2 has often been recommended to me for its good story and characters, by RPG fans. It is the combat and the linearity that are criticized, whereas those were some of DA:O's strengths. I haven't played DA2, but it seems that the two games have a different appeal, so the outrage among the fanbase was understandable. But if you were never into the top-down, strategic gameplay of the first game I imagine you wouldn't be so upset.
ANGEL REAPER

14.12.2014 at 19:44
I've just beat Episode 1 of Brutal Doom in 8 minutes and 10,9 seconds....and i can improve yet more
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
ANGEL REAPER

17.12.2014 at 20:43
Yes! last night i beat the E1 in 6 mins 55 seconds on same difficulty settings!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.