‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 273  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Milena on 18.04.2012 at 12:02
Written by R'Vannith on 18.04.2012 at 11:47

And you haven't played a video game since you were 10? How is that possible in this day and age?

Games don't appeal to me. My eye-hand coordination is the worst you've ever seen, so I can't play anything that demands a quick response; and I usually don't seek out games when I want to use my brains, so slow strategy games are out of the question too. But I'm not bothered by that all too much; I can save space on my hard drive that I'd use for games to use it for my music instead even the games I played when I was a kid, I only played them because my siblings demanded that I join in.

Page 34 of 34

!J.O.O.E.!

09.04.2014 at 01:48
Written by Mattybu on 09.04.2014 at 01:11

I haven't tried Bulletstorm. Oddly enough, I had to kill some time during my brother's doctor appointment today and the only moderately interesting place near the doctor's office was a Toys R' Us. I saw Bulletstorm on PS3 for $10 and I remember you recommending it so had to put some serious thought into it but decided to pass simply because of how many PS3 games are already on my plate. A decision I'm sure I will regret at some point It sounds like my kind of game though because I have enjoyed other comically over-the-top, violent games like MadWorld for Wii.

Bulletstorm is huge amounts of fun. Really pretty, quite a cool gameplay mechanic (a bit novelty but it works really well) and over the top, low-brow humour. One of the few campaigns from a single player FPS I've enjoyed in recent years.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

09.04.2014 at 03:24
Well, low-brow is my middle name. I'll have to check it out now. To be honest as tempting as the $10 price tag was it was also a little deterring cause I know the decent games or greatest hits type games usually go down to $20 or maybe $15 if you're lucky, so $10 had me thinking "hmmm, what is it that's wrong with this"... Maybe just that it's a relatively older game and PS3 games are probably going to slowly get phased out in the next little bit.
----
"Marcel saw 1th Ron Jeremey movie when it was out on VHS" -K7
whatsacow

11.04.2014 at 04:11
Written by Mattybu on 09.04.2014 at 03:24

Well, low-brow is my middle name. I'll have to check it out now. To be honest as tempting as the $10 price tag was it was also a little deterring cause I know the decent games or greatest hits type games usually go down to $20 or maybe $15 if you're lucky, so $10 had me thinking "hmmm, what is it that's wrong with this"... Maybe just that it's a relatively older game and PS3 games are probably going to slowly get phased out in the next little bit.

It didn't sell well because was released at a bad time from memory. Also, another reason to come to PC. I bought Skyrim for 6 bucks. And I bought Sleeping Dogs for a buck fifty.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Mattybu
crusty juggler

11.04.2014 at 19:04
I have Oblivion and Skyrim but they just never quite clicked with me like Fallout did. I think I'll try them again at some point though.

I just got back into MGS4 last night, and as I suspected, NO FUCKING CLUE what is going on story wise, and no clue what I was supposed to do at first. I was in the Europe part where Snake is dressed in a trench coat and after some chatting with Otacon I figured out I had to trail some "resistance" guy and also not get seen by the "PMC" guys. And considering how I had no idea how either of them work into the story, the mission was surprisingly fun. Then I got really sucked in and did the whole motorcycle sequence after a textbook overly long cutscene/convoluted plot details segment, and then I realized it was like 3 in the morning and I needed to sleep. Stopped right at the boss battle with jetpack guy.

Also got some flashbacks of my sweet, succulent time with MGS3. I really need to go back and revisit that one, it's been too long...
----
whatsacow

12.04.2014 at 02:54
Written by Mattybu on 11.04.2014 at 19:04

I have Oblivion and Skyrim but they just never quite clicked with me like Fallout did. I think I'll try them again at some point though.

I just got back into MGS4 last night, and as I suspected, NO FUCKING CLUE what is going on story wise, and no clue what I was supposed to do at first. I was in the Europe part where Snake is dressed in a trench coat and after some chatting with Otacon I figured out I had to trail some "resistance" guy and also not get seen by the "PMC" guys. And considering how I had no idea how either of them work into the story, the mission was surprisingly fun. Then I got really sucked in and did the whole motorcycle sequence after a textbook overly long cutscene/convoluted plot details segment, and then I realized it was like 3 in the morning and I needed to sleep. Stopped right at the boss battle with jetpack guy.

Also got some flashbacks of my sweet, succulent time with MGS3. I really need to go back and revisit that one, it's been too long...

If you want a really cool critical dissection of the metal gear solid series that will not only bring you up to speed but explain wtf hideo was smoking for MGS2, look up Super bunny hop metal gear solid on youtube. It's pretty darn cool.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Mattybu
crusty juggler

12.04.2014 at 03:02
I just might have to... I know there was some definite links between the plots in 3 and 4 and it's just been too long since I played the 3rd to put it all together. And I never even finished the 2nd, sadly. Probably put myself myself in a bad place by trying MGS3 before it...
----
whatsacow

12.04.2014 at 03:37
Written by Mattybu on 12.04.2014 at 03:02

I just might have to... I know there was some definite links between the plots in 3 and 4 and it's just been too long since I played the 3rd to put it all together. And I never even finished the 2nd, sadly. Probably put myself myself in a bad place by trying MGS3 before it...

A lot of people hated MGS2 because of how confusing and bizarre it is. It was Hideo Kojima trying to commentate on the state of video games at the time and the insane hype that the medium evokes.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

13.04.2014 at 15:31
Oh my lord, Below looks so frickin' gorgeous. So glad it's coming to PC.

New gameplay footage: http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/12/5608032/below-video-preview-capy-games-pax-east-2014
----
BoxCar Willy
John Doe

14.04.2014 at 05:08
Just going to throw it out there: Fallout 3 is the best game evar.
----
Pop punk crusader
whatsacow

14.04.2014 at 06:38
Written by BoxCar Willy on 14.04.2014 at 05:08

Just going to throw it out there: Fallout 3 is the best game evar.

You spelt Dark Souls wrong.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.