‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 306  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Mattybu on 17.08.2013 at 06:05
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 15.08.2013 at 14:41

Bombed my way through Castlevania: Dawn and Sorrows and absolutely loved it.

The only Castlevania games I have played are the original one and Portrait of Ruin on DS. Sadly, never felt the urge to go all the way on the original and finish it, but I finished all of Portrait of Ruin including all the secret bosses and let me tell you that was a fun game. I haven't played Dawn of Sorrows but I would recommend Portrait of Ruin based on playing it alone.

Page 34 of 34

whatsacow

27.01.2015 at 10:19
Written by Slayer666 on 27.01.2015 at 04:00

Since playing the newly released Enhanced Edition of Icewind Dale was a pleasant experience, I decided to give the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate 2 a shot. Eh. the tightened UI and bug fixes were nice, but the added companions and quests are somewhat lacking in the writing department. For some reason, they give your PC some totally new "sarcastic smart-ass" lines that don't really fit, even if they are kinda funny.

Example: You're exploring a long-forgotten tomb when an a giant sword-wielding undead badass cuts off your path and asks "What are you doing here?!" and one of the responses is "I'm having a three catastrophic bad ideas per day phase, and I'm counting the visit to this tomb as two".

I got a chuckle out of it, but it just doesn't fit the mood. But there are numerous quality-of-life improvements that eliminate some really frustrating features of the original, like greatly increasing the size of the arrows/scrolls/potions you're allowed to stack in the same inventory spot, thus decreasing the tedious micro-managing, balancing some spells, giving better ability/spell descriptions etc.

I'm interested: Would you recommend this or the original with mods? I get the feeling that this is mainly for people who think modding is too complicated or Ipad users. Is that the case? Although, tbf, I'd totally get this on ipad.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
ylside

27.01.2015 at 14:28
Written by Slayer666 on 27.01.2015 at 04:00

but the added companions and quests are somewhat lacking in the writing department. For some reason, they give your PC some totally new "sarcastic smart-ass" lines that don't really fit, even if they are kinda funny.

I would even say the added companions are complete garbage It is difficult to add more to what is already there.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

27.01.2015 at 20:05
Has anyone played E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy? It seems like the best worst game ever, or worst best game ever, or something like that.

----
IronAngel

27.01.2015 at 20:24
I've often contemplated buying it, but I have such a huge backlog to go through that I've let it be for now. It looks kind of fun.
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

27.01.2015 at 20:29
It sounds like something that needs to be patched and if well done so could be something special. I love the idea of a turn-based hacking minigame.
----
Zaphod
The Nothingth

27.01.2015 at 20:46
That game looks like it's made for me.
----
There was no grand design
To get to this point
No absolutes, no given truths
We were not carved in stone
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

27.01.2015 at 20:50
I love the brief video that Jim Sterling did on it where he talked about how he tried hacking a door, but the door ended up hacking him back and he then to hack himself to stop it. Selling point right there.
----
Zaphod
The Nothingth

27.01.2015 at 20:55
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.01.2015 at 20:50

I love the brief video that Jim Sterling did on it where he talked about how he tried hacking a door, but the door ended up hacking him back and he then to hack himself to stop it. Selling point right there.

Exactly, now I just want it even more.
Wishlisted.
----
To get to this point
!J.O.O.E.!
GZA

27.01.2015 at 21:02
Written by Zaphod on 27.01.2015 at 20:55

Exactly, now I just want it even more.
Wishlisted.

Well don't blame me if you end up hating it =P It seems to be the kind of game that you have to take the rough with smooth (the rough being user-unfriendly, unbalance and laughable characters and poor localisation, apparently, although I guess the latter wouldn't be an issue for you if you play it in the native French language, which I assume is best).
----
Slayer666

27.01.2015 at 22:47
Written by whatsacow on 27.01.2015 at 10:19

I'm interested: Would you recommend this or the original with mods? I get the feeling that this is mainly for people who think modding is too complicated or Ipad users. Is that the case? Although, tbf, I'd totally get this on ipad.

Eh... it's the same game, more-or-less, just slightly improved in some aspects. The only bigger change is the somewhat improved enemy AI. The extra quests and companions are nowhere near good enough to tag it with a "must have". Get it if you're not tired of going through the game again.

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.01.2015 at 20:05

Has anyone played E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy? It seems like the best worst game ever, or worst best game ever, or something like that.

Yes. It's rough, it's unpolished, there's virtually no info to help smooth the learning curve, balance between powers/abilities is next to non-existent and a metric shit load of other grievances. So many of them, in fact, that I kinda gave up after a couple of hours despite everyone claiming it's a diamond in the dirt. In my case, it was more like a diamond buried beneath a couple tons of rubble. I might pick it back up someday, though I doubt it. The good stuff simply does not outweigh the bad.
Zaphod
The Nothingth

27.01.2015 at 22:50
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.01.2015 at 21:02

Well don't blame me if you end up hating it =P It seems to be the kind of game that you have to take the rough with smooth (the rough being user-unfriendly, unbalance and laughable characters and poor localisation, apparently, although I guess the latter wouldn't be an issue for you if you play it in the native French language, which I assume is best).

I saw the 15-minute video that's what sold me in the first place. I can't really explain why, but I feel like I'd love a game like this.
I don't know if I could handle a video game in French though. I've done movies and (very short) books, but a game is something else, especially if it already is user-unfriendly. Playing it in French would likely make it even less accessible...

What am I saying, I'm totally gonna play it French.
----
To get to this point

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.