Video Games You're Playing

Original post

Posted by Dima, 12.11.2014 - 15:05
Ubisoft is the biggest joke of a company. I hope one day someone calls me out on pirating and dubs me as the catalyst for the ruination of the modern gaming industry (you know they're out there) so I can just retort by saying how they're the problem for constantly paying for incomplete, dumbed down(from trailers) garbage.
08.06.2019 - 22:13
Zaph
The Nothingth
Written by Mercurial on 08.06.2019 at 20:18

^ Definitely play Old World Blues. Best part of NV.

Oh, I will, don't worry. I'm planning on doing all the DLC and basically as much of the main game's optional content as I possibly can.
----
And the tears that we will weep today
Will all be washed away
By the tears that we will weep again tomorrow
17.06.2019 - 18:41
Metren
Donkey Hotte
Just finished episode one of Life Is Strange. Beautiful, gripping stuff. Might have to wait until Steam sales start in order to finish though, I like it a lot, but not so insanely much as to spend 80 euros on the entire thing, especially since the episodes are not particularly long.
----
I am not nor have I ever been a musician or a member of a one-man band, especially a band that has a name that starts with "D".
18.06.2019 - 21:12
IronAngel
Written by Metren on 17.06.2019 at 18:41

Just finished episode one of Life Is Strange. Beautiful, gripping stuff. Might have to wait until Steam sales start in order to finish though, I like it a lot, but not so insanely much as to spend 80 euros on the entire thing, especially since the episodes are not particularly long.

The first one, or you mean buying the entire series? It's only 20 for the first game but yeah, it's frequently on sale. It's the kind of game I enjoyed playing with my wife, since it's equally entertaining to just watch, but we clocked 18 hours on Steam (maybe 15 of which were actual gameplay) and it's not a game I'd bother replaying. Very good value for the 5 I paid for it!
18.06.2019 - 21:22
Mercurial
Slay The Spire. One of the better games I've played in a while that I know I'll never be any good at. It's really easy to get into and pick up though. On my first go I got to the second area boss (and died, but didn't do too badly) but I can tell I don't have the brain for the advanced tactics. All 3 of the heroes are pretty interesting and different. Because I'm a pleb I'll probably stick with the warrior guy.

Dig the handcrafted artstyle and the music too. The kinda game I wish was on android.
18.06.2019 - 22:19
Metren
Donkey Hotte
Written by IronAngel on 18.06.2019 at 21:12

he first one, or you mean buying the entire series? It's only 20� for the first game but yeah, it's frequently on sale.

I just realized that the entire first season is 19.99, not that sum for each episode. I can be quite a moron sometimes.
----
I am not nor have I ever been a musician or a member of a one-man band, especially a band that has a name that starts with "D".
20.06.2019 - 14:38
Mercurial
Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night

I was so skeptical of this game during it's development. Just looked like it would be total jank. It definitely turned out to be one of the ugliest games I've played in a while (PS2 technical quality with super garish artstyle), but, the gameplay turned out to be classic Castlevania. Has all the elements that make the best of the series great. Only put 3 hours in so far but definitely liking it. I'm definitely still not a fan of contact damage in games, in 2019.
22.06.2019 - 22:23
Metren
Donkey Hotte
Today I finished Life Is Strange (2015).

I'm sure a few weeks or months from now, after visiting Youtube critiques and forum posts about the game, I'll begin to see it in a more cynical and less fanboyish light, but for now, I am still in love... and heartbroken too. The characters are all rather cliche, but I think they're meant to be, so I don't really care. The game made me feel emotions I hadn't felt since The Witcher 3, I loved each episode and the final one was absolutely devastating, my eyes haven't dried yet.

Don't think I'll be playing it again. I can't. Like almost every other truly amazing work of art I've experienced in life (especially interactive works of art), I don't think I can go back to it. That would be like having a 2nd wedding with my wife, the magic just wouldn't be there. I loved it, adored it, it broke me and uplifted me, but I won't ever visit it again precisely because it was so good. I guess Life Is just Strange like that.
----
27.06.2019 - 11:31
Mercurial
Written by Mercurial on 20.06.2019 at 14:38

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night

Was pretty good, but fell off on the second half a bit, where the dev team obviously stopped designing new enemies and just opted for reskins. Some of the later areas just feel a bit bland compared to the earlier ones too.

Hard as nails by the end as well. The difficulty really ramps up if you go for the proper ending (which you should as like the other games it adds many more hours of gameplay). Some of the bosses, especially the optional ones, are pretty absurd. It's no Symphony of the Night but there's a fuck ton of fan service and item content going on. Also, good music as you would expect.
30.07.2019 - 17:47
BitterCOld
waltrsobchakheit
Doom - the original . Forgot how simple it was and fun to play. still playing with training wheels but will ramp up the difficulty once completely back to mid-90's form.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
13.08.2019 - 19:54
VPeter
The co-op of Doom is a blast too.

I'm currently playing Persona Q2 for the 3DS, probably the last "big title" for that platform. Nice dungeon crawler, but it is kind of lame that they didn't bother getting the English voice actors for the characters.