Video Games You're Playing

Original post

Posted by Ganondox, 27.06.2014 - 18:26
Just won Rayman Origins, now I need to collect all the skull teeth so I can fight the real final boss.
18.01.2017 - 14:10
Arcanewind
Dreadrealm
Written by Dima on 02.01.2017 at 12:39

Baldur's Gate 2

A blast so far. Skipped the 1st one because no time. I chose to pick this up because it always comes up in 'best dialogue' and 'best RPG' discussions. Quests are adventurous with many creative dialogue lines. Combat is tough at times so thank RPGesus for quick save and quick load.

To be honest I would be playing Planescape Torment instead but it's not on Steam and I was too lazy to make a GoG account. Soon after purchasing BG2 I briefly researched the best quotes on each game and Planescape's offerings trump BG2's. After I finish this game I may have to make that GoG account after all. When a game has lines this how can you not want to play it?

At least BG 2 is a game and not a book that's pretending to be a game
----
Dreadrealm's bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
18.01.2017 - 14:26
Dima
Written by Zaph on 17.01.2017 at 23:13

Anyone know any good (preferably cheap/indie/...) co-op games for 3 to 4 people? Just finished the Trine trilogy with some friends and I love playing those kind of games.

An obvious choice is Don't Starve Together. However that game is basically never ending so might not be what you're looking for.

Written by BitterCOld on 12.01.2017 at 08:31

Your pathetic magics are useless. LET THIS END!

Sorry, had to chime in with one of my fave Irenicus quotes. Used that far too often in P-N-P sessions. BG2 is still one of my absolute faves.

I love his voice.

Written by Arcanewind on 18.01.2017 at 14:10

At least BG 2 is a game and not a book that's pretending to be a game

heh true. I hear its 75% reading 25% combat.
18.01.2017 - 14:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
Written by Dima on 18.01.2017 at 14:26

I love his voice.

Yeah David Warner is great. He's in a few of my favourite films, Time Bandits and Tron in particular, and probably the reason I persisted with BG2 through its janky combat.

18.01.2017 - 18:23
Zaph
The Nothingth
Written by Dima on 18.01.2017 at 14:26

An obvious choice is Don't Starve Together. However that game is basically never ending so might not be what you're looking for.

Yeah, preferably a game with a story that has a beginning and end. (Middle isn't necessary)
----
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
20.01.2017 - 02:26
Sonic MrSumo
Just finished SOMA. What a truly amazing game. Top 3 horror games of all time for me.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
20.01.2017 - 10:53
Dima
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 20.01.2017 at 02:26

Just finished SOMA. What a truly amazing game. Top 3 horror games of all time for me.

The enemies ruined that game for me Shame cause the rest I enjoyed.
20.01.2017 - 12:38
Sonic MrSumo
Written by Dima on 20.01.2017 at 10:53

What was wrong with them?
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
20.01.2017 - 12:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct
Been playing Bravely Default for a bit. I'm really liking it but I think the dungeons are where this game is going to fall. So far they've all been very similar in structure and look. Once again it pales in comparison to the handcrafted unique areas of Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9.
20.01.2017 - 14:12
Dima
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 20.01.2017 at 12:38

Written by Dima on 20.01.2017 at 10:53

What was wrong with them?

Most of them were real nuisances I find. Anxiousness immediately turned to annoyance. Hesitantly exploring ruins sabotaged by stupid enemies that you can't look at or be near. Also the distortion affect that you get when looking at them is honestly the most bone headed affect I've ever come across. I think you can disable it but I didn't know that at the time and it riled me up so much I don't even care that i'm getting properly mad just thinking about something that can probably be disabled with one click
20.01.2017 - 14:45
Sonic MrSumo
Written by Dima on 20.01.2017 at 14:12

Most of them were real nuisances I find. Anxiousness immediately turned to annoyance.

I found them genuinely creepy and original...but fairly easy.

Anyway, great game - right up there with Silent Hill 2 and Condemned.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm