Metal Storm logo
The Pub

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 01.12.2015 - 17:16
Written by Maco on 01.12.2015 at 17:09

Yeah it's better than Lima, but It doesn't call my attention. Well, if my family or a friend invites me to go there, I won't deny myself.

well Lima and big cities sucks man
18.04.2022 - 22:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Metren on 18.04.2022 at 21:27

How's everyone else doing?

Life is good, I will take a bycikle out, after winter spring has arrived, roads are free, will wait whit summer tires to mud may.
Put of money, can not buy beer, has been sobber a while. No money ever to buy aristocratic food.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.04.2022 - 07:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
DYLAN GERS, Son Of IRON MAIDEN Guitarist JANICK GERS, To Release Debut Solo Single

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dylan-gers-son-of-iron-maiden-guitarist-janick-gers-to-release-debut-solo-single/

Check out picture, anybody knows what beer is it?
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2022 - 10:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mob Rules posted such update:

It is with a heavy heart that we have to cancel the show in Bremen. Due to an acute back illness, our singer Klaus is not able to give you the show you deserve after the long wait. He is on the road to recovery and we will definitely meet again "live" this year. But it's not enough for Bremen, so join us in wishing him a speedy recovery and apologies for the last-minute cancellation. Of course we hoped until the end that it could still take place.
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2022 - 10:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 19.04.2022 at 10:42

you're building an argument using clichés, that's what I meant. You're also jumping from one Idea to the next.

I still dont get what is wrong whit that world?
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2022 - 11:22
Deadsoulman
Elite

I've now completed 5 tracks for my client's video game/visual novel. Their response to each track has been either "OMFG! Exactly what I wanted" or "Perfection!" or "Too cool!" Can't wait to play the finished game and see how exactly my compositions work in the context of it. Hopefully my first ever full OST will help me get a foot in the door in the industry. I'll share a Spotify or YouTube link to the soundtrack in the video game music thread, come the time.

Man, that's awesome! Please share whenever you get the chance, I'm a sucker for great OSTs
19.04.2022 - 11:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 19.04.2022 at 11:22

I've now completed 5 tracks for my client's video game/visual novel. Their response to each track has been either "OMFG! Exactly what I wanted" or "Perfection!" or "Too cool!" Can't wait to play the finished game and see how exactly my compositions work in the context of it. Hopefully my first ever full OST will help me get a foot in the door in the industry. I'll share a Spotify or YouTube link to the soundtrack in the video game music thread, come the time.

Man, that's awesome! Please share whenever you get the chance, I'm a sucker for great OSTs

Maybe staffers can review it
----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2022 - 13:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just find this one out, cool video

----

apos;'
[image]
19.04.2022 - 13:58
Zap
Looking forward to hearing that! Also very happy for you that the response from the client is so positive.
19.04.2022 - 14:42
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor

How's everyone else doing?

Wow congrats!
I had seen that you had been working on artwork and soundtrack in this thread here: https://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=580. But this seems to be a different project, right?
When will this video game/visual novel be released, if I may ask?
19.04.2022 - 15:35
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Deadsoulman on 19.04.2022 at 11:22

Wow! I didn't expect so much positive feedback on that little self-congratulatory post there haha Gotta love The Pub! I will definitely share the full OST here. It'll be up on YouTube and Spotify (and iTunes etc etc). I retain the copyright of all the songs, but while I could hypothetically share the tracks now, I will wait until the VN is published of course. Because it's a visual novel type game, there's a lot of reading and lengthy scenes in one location, so the tracks aren't as melody-heavy as say a classical JRPG soundtrack. The correct approach with a VN soundtrack is definitely "less is more". The songs are about creating a fitting atmosphere and must not draw too much attention to themselves or become annoying. The exception is battle/action songs, one of which I've already completed. That track is a dance rock/dance metal song in the vein of most modern anime OSTs.

Written by F3ynman2000 on 19.04.2022 at 14:42

Wow congrats!
I had seen that you had been working on artwork and soundtrack in this thread here: https://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=580. But this seems to be a different project, right?
When will this video game/visual novel be released, if I may ask?

Thanks! They expect it to be finished by September, so I still have at least four months to complete the OST.

Written by Zap on 19.04.2022 at 13:58

Looking forward to hearing that! Also very happy for you that the response from the client is so positive.

Yeah, I've been a bit surprised myself. The only general guidelines they gave me were that the OST shouldn't sound Nordic/Celtic, but more Latin-American (they're from the US and the VN is partially inspired by Mexican mythology). Not using classical strings, nyckelharpas or any VSTs that I personally love has been a challenge, but a challenge I've enjoyed.

Thanks again, everyone! Aaaaaand back to work I go!
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
22.04.2022 - 09:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wanna see it

----

apos;'
[image]
28.04.2022 - 07:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How do you guys like new Blabbermout loy out, those guys had same since I looking there since 2007 I think, I dont ''like'' new, hard to use to it , but works better from the mobile. Few days and I think I be fine whit it.
----

apos;'
[image]
28.04.2022 - 23:37
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 28.04.2022 at 07:32

How do you guys like new Blabbermout loy out, those guys had same since I looking there since 2007 I think, I dont ''like'' new, hard to use to it , but works better from the mobile. Few days and I think I be fine whit it.

I can't see comments because I'm not a facebokker and I miss Riotact666's comments from old times before naamakirja times on BM.

*flushes that site right down the galaxy's most turd filled, bile, filthiest, evil rancid, stench ridden toilet*
----
My vision is augmented
29.04.2022 - 12:06
Zap
Written by Metren on 19.04.2022 at 15:35

Not using classical strings, nyckelharpas or any VSTs that I personally love has been a challenge, but a challenge I've enjoyed.

Out of curiosity, what are your go to VSTs normally?
30.04.2022 - 07:11
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Zap on 29.04.2022 at 12:06

Out of curiosity, what are your go to VSTs normally?

I have an EastWest Sounds subscription, so I use their Hollywood Orchestra, Choirs etc series and also many of their other libraries, such as Goliath and their various piano libraries via their Opus software. For medieval or renaissance music I bought Eduardo Tarilonte's ERA 2 - Medieval Legends library many years ago. That one works with their own engine called simply Engine and features incredibly lifelike sounds, I especially love their Nyckelharpa. For drums I have EZDrummer 2, for guitar I use Guitar Rig 6 (everyone keeps telling me to use Bias FX and Bias Amps instead but I've yet to hear any evidence that those are at all superior to Guitar Rig). I also have an Isotope mixing plugins subscription which I sometimes use to mix and master my music. My DAW of choice is the one I grew up with - FL Studio. I think that about covers it.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
30.04.2022 - 12:05
Zap
Written by Metren on 30.04.2022 at 07:11

I have an EastWest Sounds subscription, so I use their Hollywood Orchestra, Choirs etc series and also many of their other libraries, such as Goliath and their various piano libraries via their Opus software. For medieval or renaissance music I bought Eduardo Tarilonte's ERA 2 - Medieval Legends library many years ago. That one works with their own engine called simply Engine and features incredibly lifelike sounds, I especially love their Nyckelharpa. For drums I have EZDrummer 2, for guitar I use Guitar Rig 6 (everyone keeps telling me to use Bias FX and Bias Amps instead but I've yet to hear any evidence that those are at all superior to Guitar Rig). I also have an Isotope mixing plugins subscription which I sometimes use to mix and master my music. My DAW of choice is the one I grew up with - FL Studio. I think that about covers it.

Cheers, thanks for the reply. Mostly interested in VST instruments because I'm currently stuck for a few weeks without my guitars and other gear, with just a laptop, ereader and phone at my disposal (in the middle of moving back to mainland Europe...)
So I figured I'd try my hand at some non-guitar-centric music (most of the music I usually make is some guitar riffs with bass and drums slapped on, nothing serious).

Recently, I have been spending most of my time emulating classic 90's video games that I never got to play, as well as catching up on some films I missed the last few years. But something started to itch and I feel the need to make music now, haha.

Funny you mention Bias FX; I have it and honestly wouldn't recommend it. It's good but I have a feeling there are much better guitar VSTs out there. I use Superior Drummer for drums, not sure if that's actually superior but it's very good. I also have FL Studio but haven't taken the time to get used to it, it's very different from Reaper, which is the one I grew up with and still mainly use.
06.05.2022 - 18:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
LOL
Girs, if guys ask you to send sexy picture, send this, then ask them turn it around
(actually to get this joke you need save picture and rotate it (no there no nudity at all)

https://www.facebook.com/114767939361/photos/a.10150873939109362/10160062264414362/
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2022 - 08:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2022 - 10:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hhahahhaha maybe its truth, you can drive like this and use mobile in a city when you need to use clutch

https://www.facebook.com/RoadkillCustoms/photos/a.423481135827/10161604683890828/
----

apos;'
[image]
17.05.2022 - 21:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
24.05.2022 - 09:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
04.06.2022 - 16:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Legendary KISS And MANOWAR Artist KEN KELLY Dies At 76

https://blabbermouth.net/news/legendary-kiss-and-manowar-artist-ken-kelly-reportedly-dies-at-76

RIp, I like his artworks even one band is muscle band, but well artworks are OK
----

apos;'
[image]
13.06.2022 - 20:53
Joppe
Steelemeister
Swam in a lake 4th time this shummer, water is cool/cold depending what people are used to. Personally I never swim in a pool; I seek nature and natural, only lake, I never swam in a sea, maybe I will in future. What else is needed is women in bikinis on beach, most people will act after it's really popular or when it's hot weather in the next month; I'd prefer it was earlier, but you know how people act, only a minoraty will have balls.
----
My vision is augmented
13.06.2022 - 21:57
no one
Written by Joppe on 13.06.2022 at 20:53

Swam in a lake 4th time this shummer, water is cool/cold depending what people are used to. Personally I never swim in a pool; I seek nature and natural, only lake, I never swam in a sea, maybe I will in future. What else is needed is women in bikinis on beach, most people will act after it's really popular or when it's hot weather in the next month; I'd prefer it was earlier, but you know how people act, only a minoraty will have balls.

Yeah I hate swimming in pools.

I surf so in the summer on the east coast I see girls in bikinis on the beach all the time, g strings seem to be the norm now. To be honest as much as I like to look after awhile it gets to the point where I just want to enjoy a surf without having to get reminded of sex.
----
Unable to connect to the database
14.06.2022 - 06:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I swim in a pool, our rivers and lakes don't heat up, as souther Sweden. I do it at pool and see girls there,
Like Vitangi spring floods starts like in July. All is late here in a north. This year be cold, since only 2 days we had real summer heat and well it dont seems be warm to midsummer.
Only time I did swim in a lake was 2018 when we had plus 30 like 2 months and 2017 first November came 1m snow in 7 hours. Record winter whit snow
----

apos;'
[image]
14.06.2022 - 08:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
KINGDOM COME Blasted For 'S**t' Performance At SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL: The Event's 'Biggest F***up'

https://blabbermouth.net/news/kingdom-come-blasted-for-st-performance-at-sweden-rock-festival-the-events-biggest-fup

LOL it can not be so bad, I believe there are worst bands what plays live, but well well
----

apos;'
[image]
14.06.2022 - 11:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 02.11.2021 at 15:12

From today to I dont know I wont listen albums. Only new releases, no old albums, no walking trough band disco.
I have many extra hard drives, mp3 cd, normal cd whit many LEGAL downloads whit music from 2003-2010 / 12 period, many demo albums and so on. I just want to listen and walk trough them in my free time. How much time it will takes, I dunno. I wanna organize that mess , maybe some bad quality I will throw out.

I have done whit it, now new albums only , because summer, midnight sun, but soon I again will start listen old albums. I re discovered few many good and forgotten bands nice walk memory lane
----

apos;'
[image]
30.06.2022 - 10:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
IRON MAIDEN To Cover Remaining Cost Of PAUL DI'ANNO's Surgeries And Treatment

https://blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-to-cover-remaining-cost-of-paul-diannos-surgeries-and-treatment

Kind kove, its good they do it, one or bands what still earns huge money from music, they can help former singer. Good
----

apos;'
[image]
01.07.2022 - 00:08
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by no one on 13.06.2022 at 21:57

I surf so in the summer on the east coast I see girls in bikinis on the beach all the time, g strings seem to be the norm now. To be honest as much as I like to look after awhile it gets to the point where I just want to enjoy a surf without having to get reminded of sex.

I don't have access to sea unless I travel 500 km or so, so I stick to swimming. Generally I like beach areas, they have good energy, it's usually cooler than where I would otherwise be, good atmosphere where people seem to be more relaxed than on many other locations in the city, some times some interesting people to have a chat with, foreigners as well. If people say they get depressed then try have some sun, swim in a lake, lift yourself up naturally, fix hormonal function. I get what you mean about beaches being sexual, I am not too obsessed about it; I enjoy life in many different ways, I am not like Freudian psychologists who try to explain everything in terms of sex. One moment I can see beautiful attractive women just for the sake of it and appreciate it without any attachment to it, then I might be focused on reading an interesting book; I can find meaning in many different things without putting too much emphasis on any of them.
----
My vision is augmented
01.07.2022 - 08:01
no one
Written by Joppe on 01.07.2022 at 00:08

Written by no one on 13.06.2022 at 21:57

I don't have access to sea unless I travel 500 km or so, so I stick to swimming. Generally I like beach areas, they have good energy, it's usually cooler than where I would otherwise be, good atmosphere where people seem to be more relaxed than on many other locations in the city, some times some interesting people to have a chat with, foreigners as well. If people say they get depressed then try have some sun, swim in a lake, lift yourself up naturally, fix hormonal function. I get what you mean about beaches being sexual, I am not too obsessed about it; I enjoy life in many different ways, I am not like Freudian psychologists who try to explain everything in terms of sex. One moment I can see beautiful attractive women just for the sake of it and appreciate it without any attachment to it, then I might be focused on reading an interesting book; I can find meaning in many different things without putting too much emphasis on any of them.

What books are they?
----
Unable to connect to the database