Metal Storm logo
Blind Guardian - Announce New Compilation Album

German power metallers Blind Guardian have announced a new compilation album entitled Memories Of A Time To Come due out January 27th, 2012, via Nuclear Blast Records. The compilation album will feature re-recorded and remixed songs from the band's entire discography.

Blind Guardian is also working on a new concept orchestral album with fantasy author Markus Heitz also due out in 2012.

Source: blind-guardian.com
Band profile: Blind Guardian
Posted: 30.10.2011 by pisymbol

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 209 users
30.10.2011 - 12:43
Kingface
Sounds awesome! Looking forward to seeing what songs they have on this and how they sound with this treatment.
30.10.2011 - 13:49
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Well, I've came across alot of Compilation Albums from various band but it actually turns out to be either Disaster or something not very unique. Now on this page I am seeing BD coming up with their stuff, it gonna be quite eager excited compact release in 2012. DEFINITELY LOOKING FORWARD TO.
30.10.2011 - 13:55
Raziel X
Album with markus heitz, woo, dwarves!
30.10.2011 - 18:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
That concept album is going to fail miserably.

Not that I like the band or anything, but something tells me the end result will have Lulu-esque implications. (Only not that bad of course...nothing can be that bad.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.10.2011 - 19:26
farfaramir
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.10.2011 at 18:32

Not that I like the band or anything, but something tells me the end result will have Lulu-esque implications. (Only not that bad of course...nothing can be that bad.)

Im going with "Maybe is going to fail miserably", maybe it turns out like "Nightfall..."
30.10.2011 - 21:34
mikeprado30
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.10.2011 at 18:32

I don't think about it, they have told so many times that this project has been in the works around the last 13 years, so then somehow it will be something worth to listen, and they have told also that Wheel of Time was first intended to be in the project, therefore if the project sounds as Wheel of Time, GET REAL SOON WITH THIS PROJECT, HANSIIIIII!!! (fanboy mode on! and awaiting blaming reply from RavenKing at this news soon! )
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
31.10.2011 - 01:54
I know from the chat with Hansi earlier this year that they re-recorded AttwS, so I am really eager to hear it with real orchestra!

And also, Kai might feature on the album... I repeat, might.
31.10.2011 - 02:09
RavenKing
Written by farfaramir on 30.10.2011 at 19:26

Im going with "Maybe is going to fail miserably", maybe it turns out like "Nightfall..."

I don't see a difference between failing miserably and turning out like "Nightfall..." (the most overrated Powermetal album in history).
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
31.10.2011 - 02:17
farfaramir
Written by RavenKing on 31.10.2011 at 02:09

I don't see a difference between failing miserably and turning out like "Nightfall..." (the most overrated Powermetal album in history).

Well, I won't argue with that (I know the reason why you don't like it, so It would be a waste of time to try to convince you in other way), but there is a huge difference: economical success. At least Nightfall, overrated or not, was a success in saling terms. It's the album fail miserably, well, it minds that also no one is going to buy it...
31.10.2011 - 02:19
RavenKing
Written by farfaramir on 31.10.2011 at 02:17

Written by RavenKing on 31.10.2011 at 02:09

Well, I won't argue with that (I know the reason why you don't like it, so It would be a waste of time to try to convince you in other way), but there is a huge difference: economical success. At least Nightfall, overrated or not, was a success in saling terms. It's the album fail miserably, well, it minds that also no one is going to buy it...

And I won't deny the huge commercial success of the album. In this sense, it was far from a failure, indeed.
----
31.10.2011 - 05:38
JakeTheSage
Wait, I thought the orchestral album was set for 2013?

Yaaaaay less time that I have to wait
31.10.2011 - 08:06
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Yeah, of course with the mention of BG some people will start getting fired up about the potential for midgets.
31.10.2011 - 14:53
nb
I have never liked compilation albums, I prefer to stick to the originals.
01.11.2011 - 03:56
WorpeX
Made of Metal
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!! GUARDIAN! GUARDIAN! GUARDIAN!
12.11.2011 - 20:22
RavenKing
Written by Irritable Ted on 09.11.2011 at 21:01

Gamma Ray did a good job with Blast From The Past when they re-recorded their stuff with Kai on vocals.

Agreed. It's very rare that I find re-recorded versions worthwhile but in this case yes.
But I think I might be biased by the fact that I like Kai's vocals and never liked Ralf Scheepers.
----

Hits total: 3999 | This month: 11