Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - The 90s albums

Poll

Which of these albums do you enjoy more?

Fear of the Dark
The X Factor
I don't like IM's 90s albums
No Prayer for the Dying
I like them all
Virtual XI

Total votes: 166
22.10.2006 - 17:05
marillionfan
Account deleted
There are many metal fans that don't like these albums much - I'm NOT one of them, i like'em all, even the Blaze Bailey era albums. What about you?
22.10.2006 - 18:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Virtual XI is my favourite Iron Maiden album from the 90's, dark, depressive and beautiful melodies with a little gothic touch. Blaze Bayley is not a bad singer!
I wont vote just yet, because I am not completely sure.
----
22.10.2006 - 19:29
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Like Warman, I am not completely sure about my vote. I am a fan of the 90's Maiden era, and all of those albums are great. When I first listened to Fear Of The Dark, I though it was going to be a really good album after the first 2 or 3 songs, but it went way downhill after that point. I'll probably vote for either The X Factor, or Virtual XI. The latter may have Maiden's finest song, The Clansman. What an amazing song. I honestly don't know why some people don't like Blaze's voice. He is almost better than Bruce, but he is not.
Really Good Topic!
22.10.2006 - 20:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good Pool
Etliest something new(old)here

Firts 90ties IM albums are dieferent thay are pure heavy metal sound, because previusly still was lil bit NWOBHM

I vote for ''No Prayer for the Dying'' becaus eits all tiem my fav Iron maiden album and first of them what I hed ehar long ago so this is special
All songs are mastepiece

''Fear of the Dark'' Fisrt 2 opening songs are great but others its Iron Maiden, but lil worts how previsuly

2 Blaza albums are great but i like openimng sonsg from bouth and I shood listen bout to tell witch I like more
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.10.2006 - 01:37
Baz Anderson
Staff
im not a big fan of these 90's albums, especially the ones with Blaze
i still voted though, and that was for 'Fear Of The Dark'
even though i am still not a big fan of them two with Bruce, 'Fear Of The Dark' still has a few great songs on it
23.10.2006 - 15:56
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I believe Fear Of The Dark is by far their best album of that Era
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
23.10.2006 - 16:38
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Fear Of The Dark, for some damn good songs it has... nothing more is worthy from the 90s
26.10.2006 - 21:33
Flame
Fear Of The Dark. Its the best album in the pool, but The X Factor and Virtual XI are good too.
27.10.2006 - 15:31
Betrayer
Account deleted
Fear of the Dark is the best Maiden album in 90's and my second best.
28.10.2006 - 00:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.10.2006 at 15:31

Fear of the Dark is the best Maiden album in 90's and my second best.

Who are first?
----

apos;'
[image]
28.10.2006 - 02:22
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Why isn't Brave New World included? is this only comparing the albums without Bruce?
28.10.2006 - 02:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 28.10.2006 at 02:22

Why isn't Brave New World included? is this only comparing the albums without Bruce?

Because its 90ties its best of 90ties IM album and brave New World come out in 2000

Of course thay recordet it faster, but still it come out in 200, tahts why
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2006 - 09:15
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 28.10.2006 at 02:33

Written by Guest on 28.10.2006 at 02:22

Because its 90ties its best of 90ties IM album and brave New World come out in 2000

Of course thay recordet it faster, but still it come out in 200, tahts why

I stand corrected, sorry . I though BNW was released in 1999, oh well.

EDIT: 300 hundred posts!, yay!
31.10.2006 - 00:20
SeaSun
Account deleted
Didn't they actually stop making music after 1988?
31.10.2006 - 01:22
ecceratus
Account deleted
Fear Of The Dark contains some great songs so i guess this is their best 90's album.
31.10.2006 - 09:17
Eternal Flames
I would have to say The X Factor was their best album of their 90's. Fear of the Dark had a few good songs on it, but overall it was quite a downfall. There were too many mediocre songs on Fear of the Dark which quite honestly bored me a bit. The X Factor had some nice progressive elements that were introduced that Iron Maiden have continued to use in their music even today, so therefore my vote goes to The X Factor.
31.10.2006 - 12:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 31.10.2006 at 00:20

do you jokimg?
You hawnt hear them after 90ties? Thay had new album out this year

Well also No Prayer For Dying are good album I love it I listen it more how others and its my fav IM album and its 1991
----

apos;'
[image]
31.10.2006 - 13:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 31.10.2006 at 00:20

that's true after Seventh Son they stopped making decent albums, so you could say they stopped playing music altogether.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.10.2006 - 13:49
RavenLord
Although all of the 90s albums have good songs on them, The X Factor is the most consistent, in my mind. No Prayer For the Dying is too middle-of-the-road, Fear of the Dark too polarised, and Virtual XI doesn't have the same atmosphere that TXF has. Songs like Blood on the World's Hands, Sign of the Cross and The Edge of Darkness are some of the finest songs Maiden have done.
----
11.11.2006 - 07:47
homas
Account deleted
I like them all cause Iron Maiden is amazing,but if I have to rate then it would be like this :
1-Fear Of The Dark
2-X Factor
3-No Prayer For The Dying
4-Virtual XI
16.11.2006 - 04:58
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
I too Like All Of their albums equally..
I agree with the rating of Homas..Up The Irons!!:banger2:
22.02.2007 - 01:28
Ultraraw
Account deleted
I choose Fear of the Dark album.I don't like other albums
22.02.2007 - 08:27
Asat0r
This wasn't even a contest for me, Fear of the Dark, hands down. I can't believe people have actually voted for Virtual XI, and The X Factor.
22.02.2007 - 13:55
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I prefer 'Fear Of The Dark'...but I like the other albums as well...just not as much as many other IM albums
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
23.02.2007 - 00:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
No Prayers For The Dying, this is one of mine favorite Iron Maiden albums cause it was first Iron Maiden album I ever heard, I like all songs from this album and I can't say the same for rest of the 90's albums, especially x-factor. Bo Prayers... have some cult songs like Bring Me Your Daughter or for me Iron Maiden masterpiece Mother Russia... Just love this album but generally I don't like Iron Maiden's 90' albums
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
23.02.2007 - 10:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 23.02.2007 at 00:14

No Prayers For The Dying, this is one of mine favorite Iron Maiden albums cause it was first Iron Maiden album I ever heard, I like all songs from this album and I can't say the same for rest of the 90's albums, especially x-factor. Bo Prayers... have some cult songs like Bring Me Your Daughter or for me Iron Maiden masterpiece Mother Russia... Just love this album but generally I don't like Iron Maiden's 90' albums

Same for me specely songs Tailgunner 'out of Dresden for blond and tears' 'climb to the sky never wounder why' and hahaha almoust all songs are good specely 'hollysome' so god lyrics and 'Mother Russia' well golory days when Thsar rulle, damn Tsar shood rulle even nowdays comuinists damn
----

apos;'
[image]
22.03.2007 - 14:23
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I like them all, so a hard choice.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
22.03.2007 - 21:50
Hellrat
Account deleted
I picked Fear of the Dark because I prefer Bruce to Blaze. thats not to say Blaze is not a good vocalists because he has alot of killer tunes and some of my favorite maiden tunes are ones he sang. but for some reason when ever i listen to blaze maiden it doesnt feel like maiden it seems more like a seperate kick ass band. plus The title track from Fear of the Dark kicks extreme amounts of ass.
23.03.2007 - 00:49
Richard
Elite
Difficult question... Obviously I like all of them, but I decided to vote for Virtual XI. It's a pleasant surprise to see it's received the second highest number of votes so far, as this album is usually rather underrated.

I think Blaze's voice was stronger on Virtual XI than it was on The X Factor, generally speaking. Blaze puts in an emotive performance on songs like The Clansman and Como Estais Amigos, and overall those songs have a stirring, 'filmic' atmosphere. The other songs are also great (except 'The Angel and the Gambler' which is a bit dodgy - uneventful, weak and not very Maiden-sounding).

I'd probably rate the 90's albums in this order:
1. Virtual XI
2. Fear of the Dark
3. The X Factor
4. No Prayer for the Dying
----
25.03.2007 - 04:27
lazarus
I like the first album that Blaze made with Maiden, The X Factor is Maiden best from the 90's imo.
----
And sometimes I despair
At who I've become
I have to come to terms
With what I've done