‹‹ Back to the Alternative metal forum Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]
Users visited: 283  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.05.2006 at 13:40
Pretty much single handedly responsible for getting me into metal altogether with their 'Toxicity' release. This is one amazing band, respected by critics and fans alike they create very original and unique music which can be appreciated on many levels as they take influence from all sorts of genres.

I've always had a bit a of a hard on for Serj's vocal style. He can be operatic and he can also bellow the house down if he wants to, one of the most distinctive vocals styles I've ever heard.

I've no doubt the "are they Nu Metal?" debate will come into play very soon, I for one don't see how they can be regarded as such, they simply have too many styles in their music to just be classified as simple nu metal.

Anyway, my personal fave album is their self titled debut, just a very chaotic release and very heavy and aggressive whilst having some crazy ass lyrics and compelling songwriting.

SUGAR!!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 9

Nick Krzemienski

21.02.2014 at 00:06
Today i listened the first time to the entire Toxicity album after 3 years or so and it still sounds awesome. This and their debut are easily their best. After that they became just boring. Mesmerize being average with a few good songs and Hypnotize being a piece of crap in my books. Despite all this, they are talented with a great vocalist.
!J.O.O.E.!

29.03.2014 at 12:38
Written by Nick Krzemienski on 21.02.2014 at 00:06

Today i listened the first time to the entire Toxicity album after 3 years or so and it still sounds awesome. This and their debut are easily their best. After that they became just boring. Mesmerize being average with a few good songs and Hypnotize being a piece of crap in my books. Despite all this, they are talented with a great vocalist.

I still think 'Steal This Album' stands up pretty well. I don't think it holds together as an album as well as the two before it but taking it on individual songs I find myself going back to it a lot to listen to much of it for the general catchiness and atmosphere.
----
deadone
Nu Metal Warrior

31.03.2014 at 02:46
I remember hearing Soil and Spiders on a local metal show (3 Hours of Power on JJJ) back in the day.

I was super impressed and ordered the album straight away. I was shocked to hear it was so bizarre and jokey (e.g. Cubert) for the most part and ended up giving the album to my brother who is still a fan. I got a ton of people into the band though.

I don't mind individual songs these days but for the most part they're still too Nu-Metal and wierd for my liking.

I also wasn't a fan of their anti-American ranting. Always thought "if America is so fucked, why don't you move back to Armenia." Same thing with those sad hypocritical Marxists, Rage Against The Machine. Music was good but fuck they were hypocrites ("Capitalism sux, buy my T-shirt").
jeffhayden

06.04.2014 at 21:15
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. In my first visit, like this thread very much.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

07.04.2014 at 03:55
Written by jeffhayden on 06.04.2014 at 21:15
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum. In my first visit, like this thread very much.

Feel free to introduce yourself here as well.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]

Login or register to post here.