Metal Storm logo
Best Gothic Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 27.10.2006 - 04:43
well for me is After Forever ,excellent voclas and growls and the music is amazing too, the chorus and the violins and all that stuff is great , i think Decipher is the best Gothic Metal Almbum Ever Made

Mark Jansen Should Return To After Forever,

Poll

Whats the best gothic band out there for you and please explain why

Other...
Tristania
Paradise Lost
After Forever
Sentenced
Theatre Of Tragedy
The Gathering
Macbeth
Flowing Tears

Total votes: 126
04.02.2007 - 18:03
Lord Grim

After Forever over Tristania because After Forever's material is still strong. Tristania is starting to go downhill compared to their older material.
----
"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary in life."
04.02.2007 - 21:48
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
I'm torn between Flowing Tears and Sentenced...

Why isn't Lacuna Coil an option?
04.02.2007 - 23:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.02.2007 at 21:48

I'm torn between Flowing Tears and Sentenced...

Why isn't Lacuna Coil an option?

Because there are other function too
Gothic metal and music its hugev family you know and I woud say why Flowing Tears and Withered Flowers isnt here
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.02.2007 - 23:17
Buttercup
Account deleted
I Chose Other, My Favourites are Moonspell and Sirenia
06.02.2007 - 02:02
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
Moonspell is good, but the frontman's voice gets on my nerves sometimes, I don't know why, but I do like the work
06.02.2007 - 02:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.02.2007 at 02:02

Moonspell is good, but the frontman's voice gets on my nerves sometimes, I don't know why, but I do like the work

same I can say about Moonspell lyrics specely leither albums, I cant get point what thay try to say
----

apos;'
[image]
08.02.2007 - 02:34
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I don't listen to this genre very oftem, but for me, it's a choice between Sentenced and Paradise Lost. I'm going to vote for Sentenced, becuse the feeling and atmosphere that they can create is unique and awesome. Also, they are one of the fewa bands that I lsiten to in this genre.
10.02.2007 - 14:42
Angelstorm
Account deleted
I voted for Tristania but as someone said, Moonspell are also right up there for me. Kind of a tie but since they were not on the list directly voted Tristania instead.
10.02.2007 - 15:30
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I voted other for Moonspell, they are one of two bands I really like in this particular subgenre (Tristania being the other) and I believed they perfected the subgenre's sound on a whole. Fernando's voice is just so damn sinister, it suits the music's sound and tempo to a tee, slow and flowing... while infuriated and raging at times (on Moonspell's albums that are regarded as Gothic Metal, of course).
10.02.2007 - 15:36
Angelstorm
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.02.2007 at 15:30

I voted other for Moonspell, they are one of two bands I really like in this particular subgenre (Tristania being the other) and I believed they perfected the subgenre's sound on a whole. Fernando's voice is just so damn sinister, it suits the music's sound and tempo to a tee, slow and flowing... while infuriated and raging at times (on Moonspell's albums that are regarded as Gothic Metal, of course).

I like your taste. All their albums are so amazing. Even the Black Metal album by them is really good.
10.02.2007 - 17:58
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.02.2007 at 15:36

Written by Guest on 10.02.2007 at 15:30

I like your taste. All their albums are so amazing. Even the Black Metal album by them is really good.

Thanks!

I'd have to say I like all of Moonspell's work, except for "The Butterfly Effect" (It was a little too experimental), but that's kinda besides the point and we shouldn't let this turn into a Moonspell thread

As for Tristania, I loved "Beyond The Veil" and "World of Glass" the most.
10.02.2007 - 20:22
aya

I voted The Gathering. I think they're still in "gothic"
10.02.2007 - 22:35
Susan
Smeghead
After Forever is my favourite band of those but they're not gothic so I voted for Tristania. Tristania has showed us they can create so many different types of gothic metal; they're not afraid to experiment even if it means losing a few fans. Each time they show a different side of themselves it gets better and better; their talent and creativity seem endless and every album they release is a masterpiece of gothic metal music.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
10.02.2007 - 23:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Susan on 10.02.2007 at 22:35

After Forever is my favourite band of those but they're not gothic so I voted for Tristania. Tristania has showed us they can create so many different types of gothic metal; they're not afraid to experiment even if it means losing a few fans. Each time they show a different side of themselves it gets better and better; their talent and creativity seem endless and every album they release is a masterpiece of gothic metal music.

You're first girl who says that AF isnt gothic
----

apos;'
[image]
11.02.2007 - 08:55
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Bad English on 10.02.2007 at 23:12

Yeah they haven't played gothic metal since their first album (and even then it's kind of a stretch).
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
11.02.2007 - 09:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Susan on 11.02.2007 at 08:55

Written by Bad English on 10.02.2007 at 23:12

Yeah they haven't played gothic metal since their first album (and even then it's kind of a stretch).

Yeah but a lot of ppl still think if female vocals then its gothuc if new kids know Doro ist woud be gothic to
----

apos;'
[image]
11.02.2007 - 14:51
Angelstorm
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.02.2007 at 17:58

Thanks!

I'd have to say I like all of Moonspell's work, except for "The Butterfly Effect" (It was a little too experimental), but that's kinda besides the point and we shouldn't let this turn into a Moonspell thread

Even Widow's Weed is also very good. I agree about Moonspell.
12.02.2007 - 07:50
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Bad English on 11.02.2007 at 09:58

Yeah but a lot of ppl still think if female vocals then its gothuc if new kids know Doro ist woud be gothic to

LOL that's hilarious... and you're probably right!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
12.02.2007 - 09:41
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.02.2007 at 14:51

Thanks!

Widow's Weeds seemed a little repetitive to me, when I listened to it. Obviously, repetitive=eventually becomes boring, so I avoided that album entirely, after my first listen.
12.02.2007 - 12:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Susan on 12.02.2007 at 07:50

Written by Bad English on 11.02.2007 at 09:58

LOL that's hilarious... and you're probably right!!

Hahhaa indeed
Only gothic think in Dora was 'gothic' style dress in video ''Fur Immer'' but I had hear even iron Maiden plays power metal so future gives us suprises

@Opium If you dont like Widow Weeds, but like Other Tristania albums its realy weard man, because usualy pl like firts but others is not so good.
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2007 - 07:21
Angelstorm
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.02.2007 at 09:41

Written by Guest on 11.02.2007 at 14:51

Thanks!

Widow's Weeds seemed a little repetitive to me, when I listened to it. Obviously, repetitive=eventually becomes boring, so I avoided that album entirely, after my first listen.

As Kariasakis7 said, its a bit surprising. Anyway I quite liked that album although I guess Im quite used to repetitive music generally speaking.
13.02.2007 - 13:26
Nasi2

Voted for Tristania. The reason has been perfectly explained by Lyrinan some posts ago.
They experiment with tones, textures and rythms, and generally with good results. There's only one album that I don't like that much, but the others are just magnificent.
13.02.2007 - 13:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Angelstorm - I agree ist hard to difine geothic metal in nowdays and nowdays its hard do it for ewery genre seems only old bands its shore are that or that gerre but seems soon we shod cal new thrash bands even thrash-core, and well gothic-core but still watching Within Temtation new video only gothic think there was vocalist dress, she locks lil lile gothic girl
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2007 - 14:18
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
I chose other because There's a band in mind whom I love! And that's Epica. Har har. They're material is the best! Might I say, the vocals, both Simone and Mark's vocals really blend in the style and mix beautifully. As well as the choirs that they insert in their songs. \m/ GO EPICA!

Well that's my opinion. All of you can say that I have shit taste in music. I DONT CARE!
13.02.2007 - 15:31
Nasi2

But... is Epica "gothic"? It's symphonic, femmale fronted, it has choirs and opera-singers, but... gothic?
Don't think so.
13.02.2007 - 16:38
darksun

I guess sentenced shouldn't be defined as a gothic band.Yes they have gothic influences but mostly the music based on heavy sound.BTW,I think Moonspell is the greatest one.It's adaquate to listen to wolfheart album to get it.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
13.02.2007 - 16:48
Remi.p3
Account deleted
I think the 69eyes would have spermed the eyes out of that bands :/
13.02.2007 - 16:58
Sunioj

Written by Guest on 13.02.2007 at 16:48

Is spermed a word I vote Theatre of Tragedy, good stuff to zone off too.
13.02.2007 - 17:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nasi2 on 13.02.2007 at 15:31

But... is Epica "gothic"? It's symphonic, femmale fronted, it has choirs and opera-singers, but... gothic?
Don't think so.

I agree about it itys old theory that such bands are Gothic, its symphonic, femmale fronted band just like Nighwish only Gothic think are lock and clotes of singer
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2007 - 18:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.02.2007 at 16:48

Hahaha better be carifull whit such posts
----

apos;'
[image]