The usual

I like them
Hadn't heard of them before this thread
I only like the old days -> Clouds
I dislike them

Total votes: 73
18.05.2006 - 19:24
Vunts
This gothic metal band from Sweden has been an interest of mine for almost two years. I don't remember how i first found out about them, but i know that Prey was the first CD i've heard.

At the moment i still concider Judas Christ to be my favourite of them (for now). But lately i started listening to their death metal days a little and i discovered that even at those times they were a class A band. While not having the extensive use of double-bass, the guitars are really awesome. And the songs created are simply awesome. Every song has at least some parts that i simply love. I mean: Winter Shadow (0:27) has a GREAT guitar line. And Smell of Incense in 0:54 might very well be one of my favourite parts in any death metal song. The ending of Undressed gives me shivers when listened at an appropriate enough volume (shivers for me while listening to music indicate a place of extremely sweet melody [i know my vocabulary is restricted, don't hold it against me please]). Astral Sleep is a great CD and Clouds all the same. Sumerian Cry falls weakest of the three, but is decent nonetheless.
Tiamat is really awesome. I mean, they have tried different things also, but they have always progressed. Death, black, doom, gothic, gothic rock, death/doom, gothic/doom...they have done everything in that area, and all of it near perfectly. I can't get enough of them. And i better get the money to see them live this summer...otherwise i'll be really pissed off!

The CD ranking:
I started looking for public-friendly music a few weeks ago and during that time i found myself enjoying Judas Christ alot. Currently it's my favourite. Even though i have read all those comments about "poprock" etc. I just like the music because it's fast and energetic and just proves that Tiamat has a great diversity and are skilled music creators.

The only original CD that i own is Skeleton Skeletron and it ranks 5th in my current list. The songs on there have great lyrics and melodies, like most of Tiamat's songs.

Astral Sleep and Clouds have risen from the ashes for me. When i first got into Tiamat, i ignored their death/doom days, but this last week i have totally loved the two CDs. Currently occupying the 2nd and 3rd positions. Astral Sleep leading.

Wildhoney has a few AWESOME songs, like Gaia and Planets and also a generally good feel, but it doesn't get higher than 4th position.

Deeper Kind of Slumber and Prey switch positions more often than i switch socks. Both have great songs, great atmospheres and great vocals, but i can never decide which exactly comes out on top. So 6th and 7th spots.

Sumerian Cry ranks the lowest, but it isn't a bad record. Definately not! I just haven't been in the mood for that type of black metal (yup, i read from a few places that SC is more of a black metal than death metal. And all the points brought out were proven reasonably).
18.05.2006 - 19:59
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
I like Tiamat i like old Tiamat and new Tiamat ,"Wildhoney " is great album i also like "a deeper kind of slumber" and "skeleton skeletron" .
"brighter then the sun" is my fav Tiamat song
----
18.05.2006 - 20:58
Horlequism
Account deleted
I like how they've changed genres so much...it's great how they keep their minds open to new things...I had Tiamat albums but they were stolen from me...their one song Vote For Love I like...
18.05.2006 - 21:32
adorina
Account deleted
I started listening to them and I must say I am truly amazed by this band. I´ll see the band live this summer, that´s something I look forward to. One of the main reasons I listen to the band is the vocals, they´re so beautiful. A song that I just can´t get out of my head is Cain.
25.05.2006 - 01:45
Deus Ex Machina
Yes i like them.And i aswell like the way they've changed their style,really does show that they're openminded.
Anyhow i like the newer stuff more than the older.Skeleton Skeletron is and always will be one of my favorite albums.All of them are great but SS is just so pleasant,so wonderful.The cover of Sympathy for the devil is one of their brighter moments.I mean-that song has been done to death but Tiamat is the first band that managed to give it something new.Their interpretation of it is lovely.There's a lot of Tiamat songs that are among my favorites like for example:Truth's for sale,Gaia,Brighter than the sun,Lucy,Coldseed,Best friend money can buy...
25.05.2006 - 10:30
clifford
i like probly half of there stuff. carry your cross is beautiful and fit a part of my life really well
----
Lonely roses whither and die....
25.05.2006 - 18:10
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I'm the one who voted 'never heard of them'...
Apparently everybody here likes them, that's a good sign, ain't it ?
I'll try to find some songs of Tiamat then..
25.05.2006 - 19:08
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Well

I just checked out some songs of them
Sorry to disapiont y'all .. I don't really like them
25.05.2006 - 19:52
Vunts
What songs did you check? Not every song is one that is concidered a masterpiece.
25.05.2006 - 20:39
Dam3k
I just have listened to a couple of song but they are quite good
----

25.05.2006 - 20:39
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I only have one of their albums 'Deeper Kind of Slumber'
An internet friend recommended it to me.

I play it quite a lot so you could say I like it!
But I haven't really heard much of their other music - I shall have to search for some I think.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
28.05.2006 - 08:35
Surtur
I really enjoy this band, their music have evolved since the days of clouds, maybe prey is not their best album but it is still great...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
07.07.2006 - 08:23
Arwen
Yeah I had the opportunity to see them but I missed it . They performed in Estonia at the metalfest. Don't ask why...I just didn't make it though I was at the fest that time...and now...well I'm terribly sorry cause I don't know when I have the new chance maybe never. Cause' anyhow I like them. At times to times they're boring but I think it deeply depends of a mood. It's an atmospheric music that suits dark nights or dramatic mood
07.07.2006 - 09:24
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I am a fan. I do not own anything sadly, as I have never found anything in stores. My favorite CD of their is 'Wildhoney' though. So very emotional. I like all of their material really, that what I have heard of course. I like them.
----
The force will be with you, always.
07.07.2006 - 12:11
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Don't know them...but I'm trying to find somthing...I'll be back
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.07.2006 - 16:28
okt31
Account deleted
Well, I LOVE Clouds, like very much Wildhoney, and the first two are also good. Slumber is not great at all, and the newer gothic stuff is OK.
So I'm going with the old days option
09.07.2006 - 15:31
lordz
IzZo
Gaia is the best album Tiamat ever made!!!
Why you ask!
because the vocal work is so amazing
if you listen to the ar .. you would understand me
11.07.2006 - 04:05
Ernis
狼獾
Saw them performing but I mainly watched them because...they're TIAMAT....how often do you have an opportunity of this kind...I deeply respect these guys for their work is trully remarkable but still it does not appeal that much....I haven't got any of their records and I think that I am not dying to search for them...they simply lack of this mysterious something....their music is not bad but it just leaves me without any particular emotion....
20.09.2006 - 11:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like old Tiamat my fav album are ''Wildhouney'' and soung ''gaia'' I can play this song so offen that I dunno, but i prefere Timat first 4 albums
''Sumerian Cry'' its ok its more to death metal, how Tiamat what I like, but its old school and I still like listen it werry good album
''The Astral Sleep'' for me its soemthing to DOOM style, werry good amnd great album and song ''Mountains Of Doom''good album lyricaly
''Clouds'' its clasic Tiamat dunno wh you say so
'' Wildhoney'' Its first changed album of musical sound, but its poetical and good and amazing, my fav album of them

I never had hear those but seems thaya re good ''The Sleeping Beauty - Live in Israel'' and ''The Musical History of Tiamat'' I wanna her it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.09.2006 - 01:36
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Just until Clouds... Wildhoney is an album that is working my nerves, and I can't stand either the later gothic stuff... but yes, their first three are pretty amazing armospheric death metal... I don't listen to them anymore, though.
22.09.2006 - 01:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.09.2006 at 01:36

Just until Clouds... Wildhoney is an album that is working my nerves, and I can't stand either the later gothic stuff... but yes, their first three are pretty amazing armospheric death metal... I don't listen to them anymore, though.

Man best song from ''Wildhoney'' are ''Gaia'' but better this album how neodays Tiamat works, but ys firt 3 are amzing and firts 2 old school
----

apos;'
[image]
23.09.2006 - 02:01
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
I love Tiamat, especially the latest albums... Prey is one of my favourite albums ever, but I also like a lot both Judas Christ and Wildhoney. My fav songs are Whatever That Hurts and Wings Of Heaven...
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
23.09.2006 - 11:53
Vunts
Written by Bad English on 20.09.2006 at 11:54

I never had hear those but seems thaya re good ''The Sleeping Beauty - Live in Israel''

I've heard this and i've also seen it in shops. There's quite a lot of Tiamat's CDs in shops here. It's pretty good. The quality isn't as good as say CoB - Tokyo Warhearts, but it's decent nonetheless.

On a sidenote, i've been adoring the song "Sleeping Beauty" lately. It's simply marvellous concidering their older songs. I still prefer the gothic/doom stuff more than their older times, but i don't even hate Sumerian Cry and Judas Christ so there is nothing more left to hate about them.

"Gaia" is an awesome song indeed. It makes me wonder about things and it has a great melody.
Bah...being away from this place for so long and not having all of my music on my HDD has destroyed my memory of a lot of the songs...Gotta try to fix that.
23.09.2006 - 17:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vunts on 23.09.2006 at 11:53

Written by Bad English on 20.09.2006 at 11:54

I never had hear those but seems thaya re good ''The Sleeping Beauty - Live in Israel''

I've heard this and i've also seen it in shops. There's quite a lot of Tiamat's CDs in shops here. It's pretty good. The quality isn't as good as say CoB - Tokyo Warhearts, but it's decent nonetheless.

On a sidenote, i've been adoring the song "Sleeping Beauty" lately. It's simply marvellous concidering their older songs. I still prefer the gothic/doom stuff more than their older times, but i don't even hate Sumerian Cry and Judas Christ so there is nothing more left to hate about them.

"Gaia" is an awesome song indeed. It makes me wonder about things and it has a great melody.
Bah...being away from this place for so long and not having all of my music on my HDD has destroyed my memory of a lot of the songs...Gotta try to fix that.

I hawnt seen Tiamat here in shops and well in my town nobody dont know band, even metal heads

Me too I love DOOM, and oly OLD Tiamat, Amoprhis, Paradise Lost, Katatonia, Anatema, i hope you get what I try to say and well I maybe try to dounloud that CD maybe soemone has

haha good say about songs, I can agree
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2006 - 06:57
misskeets
Account deleted
I've heard of these guys before, and I've seen their CDs around the place... to be honest I've only been REALLY into metal for about 6 months, so a lot of this is pretty new to me.

From what I hear though, they sound pretty awesome. I might have to check 'em out. Recommendations?
26.09.2006 - 01:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.09.2006 at 06:57

I've heard of these guys before, and I've seen their CDs around the place... to be honest I've only been REALLY into metal for about 6 months, so a lot of this is pretty new to me.

From what I hear though, they sound pretty awesome. I might have to check 'em out. Recommendations?

If you wanna listen them try find those albums what I menation in first post or try here http://www.myspace.com/tiamat
I know there was soem site where I get some mp3 I think century media old site, ne site no mp3 avlible
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2006 - 14:09
misskeets
Account deleted
Cheers for that, mate. I checked out their MySpace and they sound pretty good. Wasn't as goth as I expected, admittedly, but that's fine
27.09.2006 - 19:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 27.09.2006 at 14:09

Cheers for that, mate. I checked out their MySpace and they sound pretty good. Wasn't as goth as I expected, admittedly, but that's fine

but you bstill hawnt hear first 4 albums, its more better, you can try dounloud them
----

apos;'
[image]
28.09.2006 - 16:32
misskeets
Account deleted
I'll look into it I'll have to wait til next month for more download hahaha. But looking forward to it. Lots of good metal out there.
14.10.2006 - 11:04
Lupas
Maximus
Well , great band.

I have not even heard of them but when i listen to some songs , they are just great
I prefer thier recent songs rather than old style that used to have , my opinion
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy