‹‹ Back to the Metal arena Pages: 1 2 [3]
Users visited: 178  
Search this topic:  
Who do you think is better, Slayer or Kreator?

Kreator47
Slayer46
Equally good24

Total votes: 117

The original post

Posted by SuicidalCyco on 24.04.2012 at 06:22
Slayer and Kreator, both bands have similar qualities in music. Ive also heard before that Kreator is a German version of Slayer now that may be ture in some cases but prpbably not all. This is a tough question for me because both bands are two of my very favorite bands but i will have to go with Slayer. One reason is because they stuck to their thrash roots all through their career and i like all of their albums not one of them is bad in my opinion, and there are some albums by Kreator that are just okay. What do you guys think?

Page 3 of 3

Lit.
Brütal Legend

19.08.2014 at 19:19
Written by RavenEffect on 19.08.2014 at 12:54

that has to be highly exagerated.

Nah, it's about accurate.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
RavenEffect

19.08.2014 at 20:30
Written by Lit. on 19.08.2014 at 19:19

Written by RavenEffect on 19.08.2014 at 12:54

that has to be highly exagerated.

Nah, it's about accurate.

Can't say I agree with you. Describing bands like Artillery, Sodom, Exumer, Coroner, Destruction or Living Death as "not good" doesn't feel right. Even Holy Moses or Paradox which aren't that great nowadays, managed to put out great stuff back then.
Lit.
Brütal Legend

19.08.2014 at 21:52
Written by RavenEffect on 19.08.2014 at 20:30

Can't say I agree with you. Describing bands like Artillery, Sodom, Exumer, Coroner, Destruction or Living Death as "not good" doesn't feel right. Even Holy Moses or Paradox which aren't that great nowadays, managed to put out great stuff back then.

Out of all of those, I'd only give valid credit to Sodom, Holy Moses and Coroner for having a modest body of work, and The Antichrist by Destruction which is the only album I've fully cared for by the band. Artillery and Paradox are super-overrated. Eurothrash is mostly remembered because of the Trio for a reason, compared to the wave of American thrash at the time like Slayer, Overkill, Voivod, Toxik, Megadeth, Anthrax, Demolition Hammer, Testament, Flotsam And Jetsam, Suicidal Tendencies and crossover acts like D.R.I. and S.O.D.. Also considering most of the popular bands in the new wave of thrash (Warbringer, Toxic Holocaust, Vektor, Skeletonwitch) are from America as well further solidifies the point.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
RavenEffect

19.08.2014 at 22:44
Your point is: "America has better Thrash Metal". While I partly agree in terms of quantity, the subject in question is "Europe didnt had any good Thrash bands back in the days" which is clearly, not true.

I'd still put "Persecution Mania", "R.I.P", "Eternal Devastation", "Possessed By Fire", "Agent Orange", "By Inheritance" and such against "Reign in Blood", "Horrorscope", "The Legacy", "Rust in Piece", etc... and they hold just fine.

And nowadays Europe has Evile, Angelus Apatrida and Lost Society so...yeah
deadone
Mainstream Poser

Today at 02:27
I like both equally.

I far prefer Yank thrash over European thrash because it's riffier and groovier. Europe has a few exceptions (Artillery, Kreator) but they're rare. In fact I generally prefer American and British metal over continental European metal. Continental Europe seems hit and miss for my tastes - there's a rigidity and a tendency towards the overblown that I don't like. On the other hand the Americans and older Brits sound like they were having a good time and came across more "working class/relaxed/organic" (I have no idea how to explain this). Though I don't like modern British stuff - it's gone down the same Euro path.

Just my $0.02.
krrrrebets

Today at 21:08
I like Kreator a little more, mainly because throughout Kreator has been more solid and in addition to classic stuff, like Pleasure to Kill and Extreme Aggression, they've developed a bit different, more epic sound which really appeals to me. Slayer has released tons of classics as well and their influence on death metal is undeniable. Their chaotic sound is very unique as well, but their latest albums lack that sparkle they once had. However I prefer old Slayer to old Kreator, but overall my vote goes to Kreator.

Overall I like the US thrash more than teutonic. It's just more diverse over the ocean - ranging from melodic Anthrax to ultra thrashy Sadus.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.