Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Headlining Download Festival 2013, Steve Harris Solo Album Streaming

Iron Maiden have just been announced as the first headliner confirmed for Download 2013. They'll be bringing their triumphant Maiden England tour to Donington Park on the 25th Anniversary of their first headline performance at the legendary home of rock.

The festival will take place at Donington Park, in the UK, from 14-16th June 2013.

Bruce Dickinson said: "We're absolutely over the moon to be headlining Donington again. The idea of returning exactly 25 years later with a show inspired by that same 1988 Seventh Son Tour, was too good an opportunity to be missed! And, thanks to modern technology, we've been able to update and improve on the original production. We will be bringing a huge new lightshow, stage set, various incarnations of Eddie, plenty of pyro and all kinds of other exciting stuff for the fans. And of course treating the fans to lots of their favourite songs from that period! We've had many great times at Donington and there is always a wonderful mix of bands and a really wild crowd who love their metal, all of which makes for a memorable show and fantastic party atmosphere!"

In other Iron Maiden related news, the debut solo album by Iron Maiden bassist Steve Harris entitled British Lion was released for online streaming via Facebook. In order to listen to the album, go to this page and "Like" the page. Alternatively, you can stream it over here.

The physical release of the album is scheduled to September 24th, 2012. More album details here.

British Lion tracklist:

01. This Is My God
02. Lost Worlds
03. Karma Killer
04. Us Against The World
05. The Chosen Ones
06. A World Without Heaven
07. Judas
08. Eyes Of The Young
09. These Are The Hands
10. The Lesson

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 20.09.2012 by Ellrohir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 194 users
20.09.2012 - 20:57
Void Eater
Account deleted
That solo album has an awful guitar tone, mediocre singing, and incredibly dull riffs that were stale in 1980.
20.09.2012 - 21:08
ruffio

I gotta agree, Steve Harris is one of my favorite bassist's but the vocals are weak, the production feels really off balance between the instruments, and yeah stale riffs.
20.09.2012 - 22:58
Unna Med

Yeah, the production is soo lame.
Even Candlemass' "Psalms For The Dead" didn't disappoint me like this did.
----
Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
20.09.2012 - 23:38
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
I really wasn't hoping for much from this, and it didn't even live up to that. It just gets way to poppy in quality and writing at some parts, especially on Lost Worlds. And, like everyone else is saying, the production and vocalist suck.
21.09.2012 - 06:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Steve's album sounds like a neutered version of Bruce's solo shit. Except worse. I can't put my finger on what it sounds like, but I'll think of a comparison.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
21.09.2012 - 11:11
machiavelli
Account deleted
Terrible effort from someone who has been around.
21.09.2012 - 11:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by LeChron James on 21.09.2012 at 06:49

Bruce's solo shit

he at least could sing, so the shit still sounds somewhat good...the singer here? meh...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.10.2012 - 01:43
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I'm sorry Steve, I think you're great, but this is one of the worst albums I've heard all year. I was not anticipating another Maiden album, but I was hoping for something more than this.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).

Hits total: 3813 | This month: 5