Metal Storm logo
Shining

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 07:00
Suicidal Black Metal baby...

one of the most obscure bands on earth... passionate, dense, suffocationg, fullfilled by despair... their debut album is my favourite followed by The Eerie Cold...

what do you expect for their next? the chapter V is released this year...
18.08.2006 - 00:34
Hermanubis
Account deleted
"They also stated that they will certainly loose 95% of old and present fans

that fact makes me even more curious about the new album"

That seems like a spur to generate curiosity....
24.08.2006 - 01:04
Weltschmerz
Account deleted
Quote:
Statement From Shining
23-08-2006 18:33:51

There have been many rumours saying that our front-man, founder Kvarforth is dead, we wish these speculations to be
put to an end by telling you what we know:
A couple of days ago, we received a letter from a person very close to Kvarforth telling
us that Kvaforth had decided to leave this world behind and also introducing as a kind off last will, a new singer to
replace him for future events of Shining.
All that we know for 200% is that Kvarforth has been missing for the past 4 weeks and might
be dead we don´t really know for us, the band, this come as no surprise as he have been suffering from extreme anxiety and depressions
the past 6 months and some truly extreme things, considering his own personal life, occurred dramatically right before
he disappeared. However, we wish to send our deepest regrets to our friend and sadistical leader Kvarforth wherever he might
be!
Kvarforth did as mentioned, involve a new singer in the band without telling us before he left, his name is Ghoul and
will be introduced on the release-show we are holding in December. No one of us, the band members have meet him yet but a contact
have been established via letter-exchange, and as this was Kvarforth's own will, we are now officially presenting our newest
member, whoever this might be, Ghoul.
It shall also be said that both me and the guys in the band have heard Kvarforths wish that Shining
should get a new singer if he died or disappeared but we never thought that it would come to this point! But it has so we welcome Ghoul to this misery.

/ Conny, Official Spokesman of Shining

well, that isn't a big suprise
24.08.2006 - 01:22
Damnated
Churchburner
For me it is, actually. I always thought, that ppl who make depressive music, have a very strong emotional basis: their music doesn't affect them. And this must be true in the 99% of the cases. The remaining 1 % is Kvarforth and Fuckedup Mad Max. btw, are there more?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.08.2006 - 02:02
Ace
Account deleted
Well, its also possible that
Kvarfoth=Ghoul.
They probably want to get the people talking about them. I mean, come on, either dead or dissapeared...its yes or no.
24.08.2006 - 08:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 24.08.2006 at 02:02

Well, its also possible that
Kvarfoth=Ghoul.
They probably want to get the people talking about them. I mean, come on, either dead or dissapeared...its yes or no.

that's exactly what I think as well, that they are generating interest in their band like this.S
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.08.2006 - 17:46
Basso
Account deleted
Now who said Shining wasnt serious ...
25.08.2006 - 10:10
Hermanubis
Account deleted
"The remaining 1 % is Kvarforth and Fuckedup Mad Max. btw, are there more? "

Well if you count Dissection-Reinkaros to be depressingly bad, then yes, you have another member suicide.
25.08.2006 - 13:06
Damnated
Churchburner
you have a point there
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.08.2006 - 15:30
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.08.2006 at 10:10

"The remaining 1 % is Kvarforth and Fuckedup Mad Max. btw, are there more? "

Well if you count Dissection-Reinkaros to be depressingly bad, then yes, you have another member suicide.

lol It wasnt THAT horrible .
29.08.2006 - 13:46
Hermanubis
Account deleted
Yeeeees it was
30.08.2006 - 21:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Nah, it wasn't that bad. Satyricon's newest was quite good too. *Yes, I reall do wanna start a fight here. *

But anyway, a new vocalist and a lost vocalist. Weird stuff. I think this is for publicity, Velvet Cacoon-alike.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.10.2006 - 23:58
W-Lash
Metal Master
Anyone can tell me when i will be able to get their newest albuM?
26.11.2006 - 19:32
Basso
Account deleted
Their latest album is still not out right? I can hardly wait, The Eerie Cold is a fuckin masterpiece. Cant get enough of it.
03.01.2007 - 13:05
Basso
Account deleted
Found theese rather "old" new on their website:

"Release Party For The New Album Shining V Halmstad
12/18/2006 11:30:33 PM

The tickets for next years biggest happening within the scene are now out for sale!
SHINING headline the big stage at Diezel, 3 February in Halmstad, for the celebration of the new
album (V Halmstad).
The gig will consist of songs from the whole SHINING era and will be the first apperance
with the new frontman "Ghoul".

DHG (Dødheimsgard), the norweigan cult black metal band, have the honour of playing as
a support act. The last time DHG stood on stage was 7 years ago, when they joined Dimmu Borgir on tour. A third band will be added.

The ceremony takes place at Diezel, Halmstad (close to Gothenburg, Malmoe, Kastrup).

The SHINING gig will
be shot professionally for a forthcoming DVD entitled "Fy Fan För Livet!", which will concist of, besides the gig, a 2
hour long tour roadmovie and the promovideo for the new song "Låt Oss Ta Allt Från Varandra". All in all, a package full of sickness and depravation!

Get your ticket before it's too late by mailing to: jarlestal@halmstad.net

PRICE: 180 SEK / 20 ?

Author: Conny Jarlestal"

Looks like they are up to release a dvd, IS SHINING SELLING OUT?

I really wonder what thoose 2 hours of onroad material will involve O_O, wonder if its just the guys drinking and cutting themselves.
03.01.2007 - 15:07
Kurzag
Account deleted
Great news! Thanks Basso.
03.01.2007 - 17:33
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.01.2007 at 15:07

Great news! Thanks Basso.

No problem, I am also eagerly waiting for the new album and I suppose the upcomming DvD. Maybe I will even get a chanse to see them live if they tour sweden when they release their new album, Shining ist krieg

I did just notice that Halmstad is really close. And that it is easy for me to get to the show. The only problem is I cant get on the train home from Halmstad until the next morning at 11.00 -__-

I seriously need to be on that gig.
05.01.2007 - 01:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Sounds interesting.

I might like that DVD.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.01.2007 - 01:13
Southern Wind
Account deleted
@Nervel: damn, I would sell my soul for being there, if only I hadn't sell it before
05.01.2007 - 13:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah, we all have that problem. But that again, the sex I sold my soul for wasn't bad either.
----

08.02.2007 - 22:00
Basso
Account deleted
It is official: Gollum = Kvarforth , Ghoul = Atilla

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,995814,00.html

according to swedish news:

As expected from this gig, Kvarfort cut himself with razors infront of the audiance. He even drank a bottle of piss and had himself beaten up bigtime by a norweigan fan.

A big part of the audiance was also considered "children (below age of 18), since there were no age restriction to this event. This lead to shitloads of pissed off parents and even an interview with Kvarforth in swedish radio. Some of the kids even got used razors from Kvarforth during the gig (I want one.. )

During this gig there where several guest vocalists, and you all know them... they where Maniac, Nattefrost and Attila Csihar. Yes you heard that right!

Looks like Shining goes GG Allin.

Atleast Shining is still Shining, and we will still have Kvarforth's amazing vocals, backed up by Atilla!

The best part is: THIS SHOW IS TO BE RELEASED ON DVD, oh the joy!
08.02.2007 - 23:11
Damnated
Churchburner
sounds awsome. and the music will be good too
----

09.02.2007 - 06:55
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Ok so are both Kvarforth and Atilla going to be official vocalists now..?
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
09.02.2007 - 13:29
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Himann on 09.02.2007 at 06:55

Ok so are both Kvarforth and Atilla going to be official vocalists now..?

hmm I dont know, I have started to doubt the information circling around... Lets just wait and see what really happens...

Im still pretty pissed I wasnt able to go there -__- /cry
09.02.2007 - 19:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hehe, sounds like a real Shining gig. I for sure wont buy that DVD. I am not interested in people cutting themselves or drinking piss. I'll buy a couple of there albums instead.
----

09.02.2007 - 21:33
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 09.02.2007 at 19:44

Hehe, sounds like a real Shining gig. I for sure wont buy that DVD. I am not interested in people cutting themselves or drinking piss. I'll buy a couple of there albums instead.

Ah come on! everyone has a sadistic side I for one will throw myself over that DVD asap it hits the stores I will also get their upcomming releases
10.02.2007 - 12:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 09.02.2007 at 21:33

Written by Lucas on 09.02.2007 at 19:44

Hehe, sounds like a real Shining gig. I for sure wont buy that DVD. I am not interested in people cutting themselves or drinking piss. I'll buy a couple of their albums instead.

Ah come on! everyone has a sadistic side I for one will throw myself over that DVD asap it hits the stores I will also get their upcomming releases

Do what you can't let. I am planning to buy an album of theirs next month. (I can't spend any money this month, because I have made myself a promise. I need to find out if I am addicted to buying cd's or not. )
----

10.02.2007 - 13:38
Basso
Account deleted
New song available at Shinings official myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/shininghalmstad

Its amazing. I cant wait for the new album!
THIS SONG FUCKING RULES!! Gaah I really need the new album...
11.02.2007 - 01:29
Kurzag
Account deleted
Fuck! Listens to the new song right now. Damn, its pretty cool. Little bit different from what Shining have released before. But Kvarforth have said that the new album would be different from the other releases.
11.02.2007 - 12:29
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Lucas on 10.02.2007 at 12:14

Do what you can't let. I am planning to buy an album of theirs next month. (I can't spend any money this month, because I have made myself a promise. I need to find out if I am addicted to buying cd's or not. )

Yeah I know how you feel. Everytime my supplier needs a bit of cash, he gives me a call and I buy a minimun of 10 cd's a time. Anyway I should get their new album. Is Attila going to be in it though?
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
11.02.2007 - 13:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
New song is really good.

Thank god I am totally broke, or I'd explode in an orgiastic buying mode right now. I crave for a couple of albums by them!
----