Metal Storm logo
Shining

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 07:00
Suicidal Black Metal baby...

one of the most obscure bands on earth... passionate, dense, suffocationg, fullfilled by despair... their debut album is my favourite followed by The Eerie Cold...

what do you expect for their next? the chapter V is released this year...
11.02.2007 - 13:26
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Himann on 11.02.2007 at 12:29

Written by Lucas on 10.02.2007 at 12:14

Do what you can't let. I am planning to buy an album of theirs next month. (I can't spend any money this month, because I have made myself a promise. I need to find out if I am addicted to buying cd's or not. )

Yeah I know how you feel. Everytime my supplier needs a bit of cash, he gives me a call and I buy a minimun of 10 cd's a time. Anyway I should get their new album. Is Attila going to be in it though?

Doesnt look like Attila is going to be on it..
12.03.2007 - 16:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Don't have any news about that. I did find a (pretty good) text of the intro of 'I Och Med INsikt Skall Du Förg', you know, the spoken intro on the promo. This is what is said (moreless):

"Oooh look at all the pathetic black clad wannabees running off to buy the new Shining album. Yeah! Within the framework of our scene, this shit's the latest thing! Something to take a stand for, right? Something new and all so evil. I mean - shit, what could possibly be more cruel than suicide, right?

What you ignorant little fucks don't seem to be getting, though, what oh so few of you seem to realize at all, is that this is no fucking joke. Far too many of you haven't questioned yourselves nearly enough to deserve to pretend to feel at home with this music. And honestly, most of YOU are even more degenerate and shallow than the commercial means you pride yourself sooo for hating.

Hate. You don't know what real hatred is and consequently horror is just a joke for you. In reality, your vanity IS horror. Just think of all the putrid decadence and inner ugliness passed down genetically to all of us. We're all potential child rapists, flaming homosexuals, murderers, thieves - any other egocentric dung you could think of. And as much as it might appeal to YOU to support all this, in essence - our "nature" - it's just pathetic since you'd shit in your fucking panties if confronted to the real world out there.

And what is with you fucking morons, dissing men like Eminem and Manson - what??? Is that jealousy due to the fact of them bringing this shit to the masses without pretensions of style? I mean at least in their case the audience reflects the artists, right, which is something that can't be said for Shining, now, is it?

So take a long good look at yourself, because MAYBE Shining isn't really YOUR thing. Maybe, you should just turn on the radio and forget all about these obscure releases you have to buy in order to listen to. And maybe you should just give the fuck up understanding the perspectives of schizophrenics and psychos making art just to destroy the minds of stupid little kids with too big allowances.

Shining's not into building an army. Shining's not a promise for the future. Shining's just the pain of being human here and now.
If your're into the whole organized misanthropy thing, I suggest you go for shit like Dimmu Borgir instead.

Anyway. On behalf of Shining and Selbstmord Services it's my honor to extend a general deathwish to all of you fucking weaklings.
Ahh. Fuck you."

Pretty funny speech, if you ask me. With all the news and controversion around them, I am still divided between thinking they are either serious, or laughing their asses off at the entire world getting mad at them.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.03.2007 - 17:38
Basso
Account deleted
That into speach is hillarious indeed. I dont really care if they are serious or not, its still entertaining ^^.
12.03.2007 - 21:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
That's for sure. And the we he utters that speech, brilliant.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.04.2007 - 15:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Received 'The Eerie Cold' yesterday, and Chapter V: Halmstad is on it's way.

Does anyone know what the lyrics are (the speech) for the instrumental song: The Eerie Cold (Samvetskvalens Ballad)?
----

15.04.2007 - 17:57
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 15.04.2007 at 15:46

Does anyone know what the lyrics are (the speech) for the instrumental song: The Eerie Cold (Samvetskvalens Ballad)?

The speech is perfectly audiable? Why dont you just type it down? Its in english....
15.04.2007 - 20:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 15.04.2007 at 17:57

Written by Lucas on 15.04.2007 at 15:46

The speech is perfectly audiable? Why dont you just type it down? Its in english....

Yeah I know it's English.

I can hear most of it, but not everything exact. That's why I am asking. But I'll give it a try, though. I might post it here, if I succeed.
----

17.04.2007 - 17:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Basso. I still can't understand most of it, dammit. :S

Currently listening to the new release, V: Halmstad. No definitive opinion yet, but it sounds good already.

Also, my first review ever got published! It is a review for Shining - The Eerie Cold. Check it out please and post your comment: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=4086
----

10.05.2007 - 18:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Does anyone know if their split cd with Funeral Dirge is any good?
----

10.05.2007 - 19:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 10.05.2007 at 18:54

I don't know that one. When was it released? I only know of (and have) the split 7"single with Dolorian.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2007 - 19:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2007 at 19:01

I don't know that one. When was it released? I only know of (and have) the split 7"single with Dolorian.

2007. This is what MA tells us:

Two 7" EPs of Shining and Funeral Dirge combined together.
Comes as a CD packed in a 7" sleeve, with insert and two stickers, hand
numbered to 666 copies.

Shining (Swe)
1. Endless Solitude
2. Submit To Self Destruction

Funeral Dirge (Swe)
3. The Black Breath
4. Livsleda

Around half an hour playtime. Not sure if I should buy it. I think I'll try downloading it before, I'm absolutely sick of spending hard cash on dull 'underground' stuff.
----

10.05.2007 - 19:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 10.05.2007 at 19:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2007 at 19:01

2007. This is what MA tells us:

Two 7" EPs of Shining and Funeral Dirge combined together.
Comes as a CD packed in a 7" sleeve, with insert and two stickers, hand
numbered to 666 copies.

Shining (Swe)
1. Endless Solitude

Funeral Dirge (Swe)
3. The Black Breath
4. Livsleda

Around half an hour playtime. Not sure if I should buy it. I think I'll try downloading it before, I'm absolutely sick of spending hard cash on dull 'underground' stuff.

Strange, it wouldn't surprise me if it is some sort of bootleg. Cause Shining released
1. Endless Solitude
themselves as a 7" called Submit To Self-Destruction in 1998 on Selbstmord Services limited to 300 copies.

What record company released the split with Funeral Dirge? I can't check MA since it says it is moving server
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2007 - 19:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2007 at 19:12

Strange, it wouldn't surprise me if it is some sort of bootleg. Cause Shining released
1. Endless Solitude
themselves as a 7" called Submit To Self-Destruction in 1998 on Selbstmord Services limited to 300 copies.

What record company released the split with Funeral Dirge? I can't check MA since it says it is moving server

MA works fine for me..

Anyway, apparently 'Old Temple' releases it. Never heard of them.

Here is the myspace of 'Old Temple'. Scroll down a little and you'll find the picture of the split. Looks quite awesome. That they release it as a cd in 7" is stupid though, they should know that doesn't fit in my CD cupboard..
----

10.05.2007 - 19:37
Basso
Account deleted

1. Endless Solitude

It is not a bootleg its the first EP from Shining rereleased with Funeral Dirges only EP. A compilation of Kvarforths early work basicly... I would avoid it if you didnt enjoy early shining
10.05.2007 - 19:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 10.05.2007 at 19:37

1. Endless Solitude

It is not a bootleg its the first EP from Shining rereleased with Funeral Dirges only EP. A compilation of Kvarforths early work basicly... I would avoid it if you didnt enjoy early shining

But why would I get it, even though I enjoy early Shining, when it is already featured on the Through Years Of Oppression compilation cd?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.05.2007 - 19:41
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2007 at 19:39

But why would I get it, even though I enjoy early Shining, when it is already featured on the Through Years Of Oppression compilation cd?

I have no idea why you would get it, I was mainly referring to Nervel but realized I was to vague about that since I qouted you ^^.
10.05.2007 - 19:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Basso, Marcel.

Thank you both. You both saved me from another underground-kvlt as fuck rip off. I was on the verge of buying it. I'll get the comp.
----

16.06.2007 - 12:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ok, so Halmstad was released on 18 april.. and I received it maybe 2/3 days later. And since that day, it has been present in my cd-player. (Though, three cd's fit in at once).

I have been listening to this album on an almost daily basis and still enjoy it as much as I used to. Maybe even more.

I can fairly say I am addicted to this masterpiece. Goes right into my fav. albums of all time, and is very likely to become album of the year for me.

Hail Chapter V: Halmstad
----

16.06.2007 - 15:05
Damned-In-Black
I've had it a good while too, and am still addicted - and it is easily the album of the year for me also. Also getting up there with my favourite albums of all time. It's absolutely brilliant.
17.06.2007 - 14:32
Damnated
Churchburner
i could whine about how the new album is not black metal, or stuff like this, but it's pointless. i also consider the album very good. but it's so good that it's too good. i don't really like it. i play it almost every day, but i don't know why
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.06.2007 - 17:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
And the award for the most incoherent post of the year goes to.. *drumroll* Damnated!

"It's so good that it's too good.. I don't really like it. I play it almost every day"

Right. :

----

17.06.2007 - 18:57
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 17.06.2007 at 17:02

And the award for the most incoherent post of the year goes to.. *drumroll* Damnated!

"It's so good that it's too good.. I don't really like it. I play it almost every day"

Right. :

agree, Damnated stop thrashing your brain with pot before typing on MS...
17.06.2007 - 19:56
Damnated
Churchburner
lol, i'm going syd barett

take beer for example. it's a bit harsh and bitter. but still we drink it and we still like it; however we all know that it's not as good nor as tasty as ... coke. coke is very good. it has all you want: it's tasty, it fizzes, it's sweet etcetera. it's the perfect drink. but i still like beer more. why? i dunno, maybe because the last sip always tastes bad. there's this ambiguity with beer. it's good but it's bad at the same time. and this is what makes beer ... good. but coke is not like this, it's just good, and that's it. you never realize that coke is good. you just know .

black metal is like beer, and the new shining album is like coke. Halmstad has everything you want, solos, melo parts, prog parts, clean vocals, beautiful piano passages, heavy riffs, harsh screams etcetera. it's a perfect album. and because of this, it's one sided. there's no question if it's good or bad. it's good. period. it's boringly good. and that's why i don't like it.

the other shining albums always had that beer sorta feeling. they sounded good sometimes, but other times they were just boring, out of feeling.

but you can always enjoy their coke album. shining became a household item. they've lost their ... essence.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.06.2007 - 04:20
Damned-In-Black
That makes a remarkable amount of sense, haha. I see your point, but the perfection of Halmstad doesn't lessen its interest for me. I just love it
18.06.2007 - 11:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
That balans that you seek is for me present in the beautiful melodies and simply disgusting and hateful atmosphere.
----

18.07.2007 - 18:07
Infurnace
Pretty amazing band. Their latest album is really good. Some great new material, and some great new Suicidal Black Metal. I might be seeing them live, in Arnhem, in a few days. It's going to be a pretty brutal show, if you ask me.
19.07.2007 - 18:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
AH DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnhem is close enough to go, but too far to go without being sure of a ticket. And they are fucking sold out.
----

02.09.2007 - 16:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
Has anyone heard a CD by Funeral Dirge? Where you can hear Niklas Kvarforth on vocals? Apparently he drank acetone the night before he recorded the vocals, which corroded something in his neck... I'd love to hear those vocals! Niklas is insane. :
----
02.09.2007 - 21:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Marcel has, he owns the split.

And I've started to think Kvarforth is not as insane and evil as he appears to be.
----

04.09.2007 - 14:16
Damnated
Churchburner
MA says that Kvarforth is the new vocalist of Bethlehem. Is this true, has anyone heard about this?
----