Metal Storm logo
Iron Savior

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 24.11.2006 - 20:58
Iron Savior - Germany power metal band formed by Piet Sielck who played guitar for Helloween for over three years and has since found his position in Savage Circus as guitar man.

Iron Savior started as some-what of a 'super band' as the first album's line-up included Piet himself, Kai Hansen from Gamma Ray, Thomen Stauch from Blind Guardian (at that time) and also a guest appearance from Hansi - also of Blind Guardian
In the bands time up to now they have had other big names of power metal play with them - such as Dan Zimmermann of Gamma Ray and Freedom Call and taking over from him was former Gamma Ray member Thomas Nack.
Jan Eckert of Masterplan was also in Iron Savior beforehand.

You can see how all these power metal bands help each other how most of the musicians are all part of another band as well!
Also Iron Savior has 'donated' in a way two of their songs for other bands:
power metal fans will realise that Masterplan's 'After This War' is just a tweaked version of Iron Savior's 'After The War'
and also Savage Circus' 'Waltz Of The Demon' is a tweaked version of Iron Savior's 'Made Of Metal' with different lyrics

I feel Iron Savior or often overlooked or underrated - or maybe people feel they are some kind of side project which is untrue.
But whatever, I hope there are quite a fwe people out there that appreciate their music and comment here with their views.

All of their albums are very solid - if I had to pick a favorite it would probably be their first, self-titled album - but they are all very good.

There is supposed to be a new album coming out some time, but no one has heard anything about it! It was originally supposed to have been released spring this year, but not even a title has been revealed for it as of yet.

But whatever - let me know what you think of the band and their albums!
Thanks.
15.12.2011 - 09:20
Baz Anderson

I see Hammerfall as a completely separate kind of power metal to these German bands... It is easy to forget sometimes that Piet has been in the (power) metal world from the very beginning, from the first incantation of Helloween - so to me the spirit of Iron Savior holds true to the very original power metal. So does Gamma Ray, but their last few albums just haven't been very good. Still, at least Helloween's last album was perhaps their all time best.
15.12.2011 - 10:34
Milena
gloom cookie
Hmmm, I haven't listened to any of their other albums, but the new one sure does sound fresh and interesting!
----
7.0 means the album is good
15.12.2011 - 11:26
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Milena on 15.12.2011 at 10:34

Hmmm, I haven't listened to any of their other albums, but the new one sure does sound fresh and interesting!

Does it ever! I tried getting into em with 2 er 3 of their past releases but couldn't...This one takes the cake!
15.12.2011 - 11:28
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by JÄY on 15.12.2011 at 11:26

Does it ever! I tried getting into em with 2 er 3 of their past releases but couldn't...This one takes the cake!

Yeah, it's kinda cheesy, but in proper amounts, and the vocalist is good, which is pretty much a rarity these days.
----
7.0 means the album is good
15.12.2011 - 13:21
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by JÄY on 15.12.2011 at 11:26

Written by Milena on 15.12.2011 at 10:34

the ones when Kai was still with them sounds pretty good, you should try those
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.12.2011 at 09:20

I see Hammerfall as a completely separate kind of power metal to these German bands... It is easy to forget sometimes that Piet has been in the (power) metal world from the very beginning, from the first incantation of Helloween - so to me the spirit of Iron Savior holds true to the very original power metal. So does Gamma Ray, but their last few albums just haven't been very good. Still, at least Helloween's last album was perhaps their all time best.
Oh... I didn't even notice Piet was in the original Helloween. No wonder it does have some sort of old school sound in them still. I do agree that the last Helloween is awesome, but won't go as far as to say it's their best ever. Definitely their best since the Dark Ride though.
----
loves 小巫
15.12.2011 - 13:44
Baz Anderson

I don't feel Kai has much weight on Iron Savior at all really. I don't see the albums with him on them any better than the later ones... "Condition Red" is my favourite album and that was the first without him!
15.12.2011 - 16:59
Susan
Smeghead
I've heard bits of this band before but The Landing is the first album I've actually owned. I'll try some of these others you mention
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.12.2011 - 17:06
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Well, I've never heard the ones without Kai save for this one, so I can't comment I guess =P
----
loves 小巫
15.12.2011 - 20:20
Stabby
Account deleted
The Landing is awesome, I can't believe I had never heard them before. I have liked Savage Circus for years, this only makes sense.

I'm agreeing with Baz here, although this brand of German PM has some soft moments, and some cheesy moments, with vocals, guitars and drums like that nobody is going to mistake it for anything other than metal that is still true to the heavy metal and thrash roots. When people hear power metal and say "This isn't REAL metal!" they are usually referencing those elements.

What are some other bands like this? I know Blind Guardian, Savage Circus, Helloween, Gamma Ray, and Freedom Call.
05.02.2020 - 14:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Seems bands bassist Jan-Sören Eckert has cancer

From bands facebook:
after not feeling well for quite some time Jan went to hospital right after our show at Knust where he was diagnosed with cancer. He got almost immediate surgery which went totally well and by now there also is an extremely positive prognosis: docs say that a complete recovery is more than likely and quote the odds near to 100%, so we can rock the stage together for many many years!!! Jan has already started his chemotherapy treatment which will take approximately 16 weeks. During that time he cannot perform with us for obvious reason, but Jan Bünning from mighty Paragon will jump in. So no gigs will be canceled, all shows in February will happen as planed and announced! So if you are planing to visit one of our shows, make sure to bring a good load of positive energy for Jan :-).

HEAVY METAL NEVER DIES
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing