Metal Storm logo
Swallow The Sun - Originality Or RipOff?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 11:32
Swallow The Sun - Originality Or RipOff ?!?!

Just had a dicussion with a few friends on a danish metal forum about this band, one of them claims that they are ripping off what Anathema did on "The Silent Enigma"...What the HE!! is he talking about.

I think they have their own little niche (pretty original) so i cant see what he means...i cant see the resemblance except maybe the atmophere/mood might be alike...but the compositions and the way they play are in my opinion far from each other...And i'm not saying anything bad abot the silent enigma...it's been on my top 10 list ever since the release.

What ya think, is me wrong or is he wrong ?
24.03.2020 - 20:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetalstomCrimina on 21.07.2019 at 04:31

BEST BAND EVER! I support them best music doom ever so nightly beautiful! beautiful like my girlfriend even I cant have her.

Not best doom, if you say so you never have hear good doom, but somehow I dont get such hate to this band, old albums are OK, its listenable doom, music, newer is not bad either, but dont jump high. Its sortha nordic thing ... dark n snowy streets
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.03.2020 - 22:32
RockWitch
I would definitely say that Swallow the Sun are totally different to Anathema!! Silent enigma is very classically doom and has a completely different sound. Don't get me wrong both bands are great but they are definitely not the same.

Plus even if they were the same/ similar - anything that sounds like The Silent Enigma is going to be amazing so I really don't see where the complaint would be anyway.
24.03.2020 - 23:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by RockWitch on 24.03.2020 at 22:32

I would definitely say that Swallow the Sun are totally different to Anathema!! Silent enigma is very classically doom and has a completely different sound. Don't get me wrong both bands are great but they are definitely not the same.

Plus even if they were the same/ similar - anything that sounds like The Silent Enigma is going to be amazing so I really don't see where the complaint would be anyway.

To me only old anathems clunts ep and 2 albums, same as katstonia after brave its nothing, this band always Plays much better music as those 2 after doom
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing