Metal Storm logo
Anorexia Nervosa - The best to ever crawl out of France?

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 19.05.2006 - 16:00
Serched and found no Anorexia Nervosa thread. So i made one!

As the topic says, I thing AN is the best musical related thing to ever come from France.
Its a great band, with some really heavy songs. I think "The Drudenhous Anthem" is my all-time greatest AN song, and for thouse who have'nt heard it. Go to www.mother-anorexia.com -> media and download it free

Now, what do you other people think about Anorexia Nervosa?
06.06.2006 - 19:28
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=14045] on 04.06.2006 at 23:33

@ Blackgir - How many 15 year olds do you even see at a black metal concert? And we both know there's thousands of 15 year old fans. They just don't go to shows. And for the record, I wasn't proving how bad Anorexia Nervosa is with myspace. I was merely stating a similarity in their fanbase, which dosen't matter if you believe it or not, it's true.

We do? I have almost never seen a 15 year old metalhead in my life. Only 15 years old who try to be metalheads, but these type of people don't know Anorexia Nervosa. It's true they don't go to shows that often because of their parents, they don't have a car etc, so I guess you are right about that. Well, I don't agree, most of the Anorexia Nervosa fans I have spoken to are normal people, or a stereotype depressive dark girl who is into metal In both cases I don't really see what is wrong with that type of fans.

And besides, does it really matter what type of fanbase they have? :
08.06.2006 - 16:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Downloaded a track last night from their website, 'Blood & Latex Terrortech War', quite liked it. Ive seen an EP of theres 'THE SEPTEMBER EP' ... are the live tracks almost as good as they sound in the studio? Might grab it prending on the answer, thanks.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.06.2006 - 19:13
Damnated
Churchburner
I won't drink on that, not because I don't have any confidance in the band, but mainly cuz I didn't saw them live or any live material from them, but these bands don't sound that good live.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
08.06.2006 - 19:31
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Hmm ... well i'll sample before i'll buy. Anybody elses opinions?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.06.2006 - 02:39
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Damnated on 08.06.2006 at 19:13

I won't drink on that, not because I don't have any confidance in the band, but mainly cuz I didn't saw them live or any live material from them, but these bands don't sound that good live.

I can tell you, they are amazing live. At least, with Hreidmarr, I don't know how they will be live without Hreidmarr. Anyway, Hreidmarr's vocals are much better live. You would expect from this type of bands that the whole instrumention will be very chaotic live, but that isn't the problem with Anorexia Nervosa. Everything can be heard clearly. Also, Neb Xort is a very enjoyable keyboardist to look at live. He is quite energitic, something I didn't expect from him.
10.06.2006 - 07:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
wow there's quite a debate going...

I like this band, but I get bored at times. Their songs don't really progress. I don't know, it's been a while since I've heard them so it's not too fresh in my memory. I have Redemption Process and all the songs sounded the same. Still, it's a good album.
10.06.2006 - 18:53
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by AntaeusM on 10.06.2006 at 02:39

Written by Damnated on 08.06.2006 at 19:13

I can tell you, they are amazing live. At least, with Hreidmarr, I don't know how they will be live without Hreidmarr. Anyway, Hreidmarr's vocals are much better live. You would expect from this type of bands that the whole instrumention will be very chaotic live, but that isn't the problem with Anorexia Nervosa. Everything can be heard clearly. Also, Neb Xort is a very enjoyable keyboardist to look at live. He is quite energitic, something I didn't expect from him.

That's allways good to here.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.06.2006 - 01:16
TheKreator
Account deleted
i saw stabat mater dolorosa live...and i must agree with Blackgir ....really well performed...all the respect for Anorexia Nervosa
13.06.2006 - 02:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by [user id=14045] on 02.06.2006 at 02:12

Gothic people are a joke. It's just a bunch of teenagers 'lashing out' or being 'unique'.

Which differs from the average teen metalhead or punker how?

As for Anorexia Nervosa, I enjoy "The Redemption Process" very much... Antinferno and Sacrament. The interview Metal Maniacs had with Hreidmarr while he was loaded out of his mind was hilarious.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.06.2006 - 09:13
Ruines
Account deleted
Anorexia are nothing more than "standard".

France brought so much better band than this one.

Ex : Ad Hominem, Seigneur Voland, Sombre Chemin, Mutiilation, etc.
29.06.2006 - 10:55
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"Which differs from the average teen metalhead or punker how?"

You will find most metalheads are just normal people and i believe (well, at least it is in Australia) that there is very little difference between goths and punks these days.
29.06.2006 - 11:08
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
@ Ba'al Peor, i find that the same around my area of Aussie ...

BUT on topic. I Gave a listen to the 'The September' EP, it was good although maybe not enough for me to pay the price they we asking for just for an EP. Although, thats the only release ive been through (besides a coulpe of tracks i got from their site) and it was in the store so i didnt stand there and listen to it ALL, just a couple of tracks and skimmed through the rest.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
19.07.2006 - 05:05
RazorOfTheLight
Account deleted
I'd have to say AN is one of my MANY favorite bands. They're style is so unique. My favorite CD is New Obscurantis Order. It's heavy, melodic, and has good production quality. It crushes all the fake symphonic black metal'ish bands like dimmu borgir... but you may think they suck anyway, well AN is a style of its own. AN might not be the best black metal, but who cares its extremely good!
04.08.2006 - 02:38
Wo0dy
Account deleted
what album do you reccommend frmo these guys as there best? i have redemption process (only album i can find as of now) just wanna know any other great albums out from them
04.08.2006 - 02:47
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by [user id=14951] on 04.08.2006 at 02:38

what album do you reccommend frmo these guys as there best? i have redemption process (only album i can find as of now) just wanna know any other great albums out from them

Drudenhaus, one of the best albums of sympho black
----

04.08.2006 - 03:01
Wo0dy
Account deleted
thanks man, im gonna try to find it, i heard "The Red Archromance" and it was good..
14.08.2006 - 08:14
Fetid Fetus
Account deleted
Anorexia Nervosa is a pretty good Symphonic Black Metal band, but their material does tend to get boring after time.
14.08.2006 - 10:53
Basso
Account deleted
I like the album Drudenhaus, I really like the vocals and the majestic feeling the music has overall. About the best band to come from france I dont agree ^^ But that doesnt mean theese guys doesnt rock
21.09.2006 - 08:12
Robstar
Yeah people great french sympho-black shit ...
My favorite album so far... New Obscurantis Order
The front cover its awesome...
jejeje
IIIIIIaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuu...:nogood:
----
Nothing is unreacheable
22.09.2006 - 16:28
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by [user id=14603] on 29.06.2006 at 09:13

Ahh you must have pissed a lot of people with that "standard" can penetrate the ego at light speed ^^
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
22.09.2006 - 20:20
Ruines
Account deleted
Written by Linak on 22.09.2006 at 16:28

Written by [user id=14603] on 29.06.2006 at 09:13

Ahh you must have pissed a lot of people with that "standard" can penetrate the ego at light speed ^^

I could've used less delicate words but hey i'm a nice guy.
23.09.2006 - 21:28
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by [user id=14045] on 02.06.2006 at 02:12

Not to mention 90% of goths listen to slipknot.

I would like to know from where people come up with these numbers. They see what, 5, 10, 20, 30 people following a certain behavior or being part of a certain tendency and they swear that they have the right to make such a generalization as to say that 90% of Gothic fans listen to Slipknot (as an example)? These kinds of statistics are completely unreliable; well, they aren't even statistics when you do not provide the amount of people surveyed as a whole. But it is understandable; when you get to give us the amount of people you have surveyed or taken in consideration it will be easy to see that this amount could never have a result which can give a real proportionate amount of Goths, worldwide speaking. It may be a 90% of the people you have surveyed but it will never represent a 90% of Goths in general.

You say that there are Goths listening to Slipknot? That is possible, but if they do not listen to either Gothic Rock or Gothic Metal then they would only be fans of something else using the Gothic fashion or something.

Regarding Anorexia Nervosa, I have their "Redemption Process" in original version along with some other MP3s and I like this band pretty much. Are they the best band that has crawled from France? That is something entirely based in opinion.
----
Christless
23.09.2006 - 23:02
Robstar
Great albums... They really kick ass...
Great French black band...
I have 3 of their albums and they rock!
Anyway , keep it short! Great Shit !
----
Nothing is unreacheable
03.10.2006 - 10:05
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
Well if this topic is still about Anorexia Nervosa, I'll have my say.
I think AN is great and i wonder when the new album is coming out (if there is one), anyone know?
04.10.2006 - 15:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=11936] on 14.08.2006 at 08:14

Anorexia Nervosa is a pretty good Symphonic Black Metal band, but their material does tend to get boring after time.

Well I like this band I liike almoust ewery album, specely those songs where parts are in french i realy enjoy listen them, its gothic dark emotions there.
About bored when you lusten, try read lyric an dimagine dark old castle in some gothic walls around and then read lyrics, for me its lil hard sometime sunderstand the, because english is not my firts language, but i think four you its wont be problem
People say thay coppy Dimu Borgir, but well Dimmu Borgir hawnt wrote suce amazing lyrics or shood i say vampire poems
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.12.2006 - 00:31
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
I heard only several of their songs but I must say that they were quite good... Maybe some day I get more intensely into that topic...
06.12.2006 - 01:04
Yova
sadly they're on hold and probably will split up soon...
----
...if there was a single day I could live...
...a single breath I could take...
...I'll trade all the others away...
06.12.2006 - 03:13
Invoked
Account deleted
I listened to some of the samples off the website provided by the original poster. Seems like competent Symphonic black metal in the chaotic style of later Emperor, but I would never call them "the best musical related thing to ever come from France"... since you didn't specify genre I'd say Massacra better deserves such a title.
30.06.2007 - 20:34
Stigmatized
Can anyone tell me exactly what "Stabat Mater Dolorosa" is? I tried looking it up, but I was just confused.
01.07.2007 - 01:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Stigmatized on 30.06.2007 at 20:34

Can anyone tell me exactly what "Stabat Mater Dolorosa" is? I tried looking it up, but I was just confused.

Wikipedia man!