Metal Storm logo
Anorexia Nervosa - The best to ever crawl out of France?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 16:00
Serched and found no Anorexia Nervosa thread. So i made one!

As the topic says, I thing AN is the best musical related thing to ever come from France.
Its a great band, with some really heavy songs. I think "The Drudenhous Anthem" is my all-time greatest AN song, and for thouse who have'nt heard it. Go to www.mother-anorexia.com -> media and download it free

Now, what do you other people think about Anorexia Nervosa?
01.07.2007 - 12:50
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 01.07.2007 at 01:06

Written by Stigmatized on 30.06.2007 at 20:34

Can anyone tell me exactly what "Stabat Mater Dolorosa" is? I tried looking it up, but I was just confused.

Wikipedia man!

Can you please copy/paste that for me? I am in China and the chinese computers don't allow me to go on wikipedia(must be the government or something : ) I am dying to know what this title means.

A while ago I also started to translate some of their lyrics, but it is difficult with my skills in French, there isn't a site or anything that translated the french parts of their lyrics? I am getting there with the translations, but it is really taking a long time for me, and some lyrics are just impossible for me to translate. I just cannot figure out what "Enter the Church of Fornication" is exactly about for example
01.07.2007 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AntaeusM on 01.07.2007 at 12:50

Written by Dangerboner on 01.07.2007 at 01:06

Written by Stigmatized on 30.06.2007 at 20:34

Can anyone tell me exactly what "Stabat Mater Dolorosa" is? I tried looking it up, but I was just confused.

Wikipedia man!

Can you please copy/paste that for me? I am in China and the chinese computers don't allow me to go on wikipedia(must be the government or something : ) I am dying to know what this title means.

what I know thay has blocked google search key world like democracy, freedom of speech but wikipedia
Does MA and MS works there and what you do there

Here is copy of that link

Stabat Mater is a thirteenth century Roman Catholic sequence variously attributed to Innocent III and Jacopone da Todi. Its title is an abbreviation of the first line, Stabat mater dolorosa ("The sorrowful mother was standing"). The hymn, one of the most powerful and immediate of extant medieval poems, meditates on the suffering of Mary, Jesus Christ's mother, during his crucifixion.

It has been set to music by many composers, among them Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Joseph Haydn, Antonín Dvořák, Antonio Vivaldi, Emanuele d'Astorga, Gioacchino Rossini, Giovanni Battista Pergolesi, Charles Villiers Stanford, Charles Gounod, Krzysztof Penderecki, Francis Poulenc, Karol Szymanowski, Alessandro Scarlatti (1724), Domenico Scarlatti (1715), Pedro de Escobar, Arvo Pärt, Josef Rheinberger, Giuseppe Verdi, Zoltán Kodály, and Trond Kverno (1991).

Contents [hide]
1 Text and translation
2 Stabat Mater Speciosa
3 See also
4 References
5 External links

[edit] Text and translation
This translation represents the meter (trochaic tetrameter), rhyme scheme, and sense of the original, but it is not a word-for-word translation (the usual case when a different language has to be fitted into an existing rhyme and/or music structure). For a literal translation, see http://www.shrinesf.org/stabatmater.htm.

Stabat mater dolorosa
iuxta Crucem lacrimosa,
dum pendebat Filius.

Cuius animam gementem,
contristatam et dolentem
pertransivit gladius.

O quam tristis et afflicta
fuit illa benedicta,
mater Unigeniti!

Quae maerebat et dolebat,
pia Mater, dum videbat
nati poenas inclyti.

Quis est homo qui non fleret,
matrem Christi si videret
in tanto supplicio?

Quis non posset contristari
Christi Matrem contemplari
dolentem cum Filio?

Pro peccatis suae gentis
vidit Iesum in tormentis,
et flagellis subditum.

Vidit suum dulcem Natum
moriendo desolatum,
dum emisit spiritum.

Eia, Mater, fons amoris
me sentire vim doloris
fac, ut tecum lugeam.

Fac, ut ardeat cor meum
in amando Christum Deum
ut sibi complaceam.

Sancta Mater, istud agas,
crucifixi fige plagas
cordi meo valide.

Tui Nati vulnerati,
tam dignati pro me pati,
poenas mecum divide.

Fac me tecum pie flere,
crucifixo condolere,
donec ego vixero.

Iuxta Crucem tecum stare,
et me tibi sociare
in planctu desidero.

Virgo virginum praeclara,
mihi iam non sis amara,
fac me tecum plangere.

Fac, ut portem Christi mortem,
passionis fac consortem,
et plagas recolere.

Fac me plagis vulnerari,
fac me Cruce inebriari,
et cruore Filii.

Flammis ne urar succensus,
per te, Virgo, sim defensus
in die iudicii.

Christe, cum sit hinc exire,
da per Matrem me venire
ad palmam victoriae.

Quando corpus morietur,
fac, ut animae donetur
paradisi gloria. Amen.
At the Cross her station keeping,
stood the mournful Mother weeping,
close to Jesus to the last.

Through her heart, His sorrow sharing,
all His bitter anguish bearing,
now at length the sword has passed.

O how sad and sore distressed
was that Mother, highly blest,
of the sole-begotten One.

Christ above in torment hangs,
she beneath beholds the pangs
of her dying glorious Son.

Is there one who would not weep,
whelmed in miseries so deep,
Christ's dear Mother to behold?

By the Cross with thee to stay,
there with thee to weep and pray,
is all I ask of thee to give.

She beheld her tender Child,
Saw Him hang in desolation,
Till His spirit forth He sent.

For the sins of His own nation,
She saw Jesus wracked with torment,
All with scourges rent:

Can the human heart refrain
from partaking in her pain,
in that Mother's pain untold?

O thou Mother! fount of love!
Touch my spirit from above,
make my heart with thine accord:

Make me feel as thou hast felt;
make my soul to glow and melt
with the love of Christ my Lord.

Holy Mother! pierce me through,
in my heart each wound renew
of my Savior crucified:

Let me share with thee His pain,
who for all my sins was slain,
who for me in torments died.

Let me mingle tears with thee,
mourning Him who mourned for me,
all the days that I may live:

Let me, to my latest breath,
in my body bear the death
of that dying Son of thine.

Virgin of all virgins blest!,
Listen to my fond request:
let me share thy grief divine;

Wounded with His every wound,
steep my soul till it hath swooned,
in His very Blood away;

Be to me, O Virgin, nigh,
lest in flames I burn and die,
in His awful Judgment Day.

Christ, when Thou shalt call me hence,
by Thy Mother my defense,
by Thy Cross my victory;

When my body dies,
let my soul be granted
the glory of Paradise. Amen.

In Arabic:

In Arabic the Stabat Mater is translated as "The Saint Mother", and is composed of 14 acts. Each is sung after a station of the cross. The recurring line is ايتها الام القديــسة اجعلي جروح وحيدك في قلبي منطبـــــعة Which means: Oh Blessed Saint Mother, make the wounds of thy only son, unto my heart imprinted. Many Arabic Christian singers have sung this- most significant is the Stabat by Fayrouz, and Majida Al Roumi. In the Arab world, Easter is much more important than Christmas- the former being called the Great Festival, and the latter the small festival. Hymns and song specially for Lent and the Holy week are usually referred to as The Hymns of the Holy Week (translated: Hymns of the Pains- Tarateel Al Al'am.)

For Complete Arabic version: [1] or [2].

[edit] Stabat Mater Speciosa
There also exists a Christmas counterpart to the Stabat Mater, entitled Stabat Mater Speciosa ("The beautiful mother stood").[3]

[edit] See also
Our Lady of Sorrows

[edit] References

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.02.2008 - 21:07
NOИ
this is probably the best symphonic black metal band (Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth NOT included). my favourite album is Drudenhaus, too bad that they are not playing any more.
16.03.2008 - 19:13
belisarius
drudenhaus is my fav too, the drudenhaus anthem is an awsome song
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
17.03.2008 - 11:47
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
BEST ?

Thats thread starter's personal opinion i guess.
17.03.2008 - 15:15
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by NOИ on 22.02.2008 at 21:07

this is probably the best symphonic black metal band (Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth NOT included). my favourite album is Drudenhaus, too bad that they are not playing any more.

I think that they didn't disbanded, so they might be reuniting one of these days and who knows maybe they'll make another album.
18.03.2008 - 05:40
Anton Alcolust
hmmm i think they disband since the singer took more time for his other project the cnk or something like that . i don't like them , but they make good symphonic bm (that maybe i don't like them , too much synthetizer , etc )
----
A.M.S.G.
18.03.2008 - 12:06
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
From what I know, they're not really disbanded, but more in stand-by.
On December 20th, 2005, Hreidmarr announced on the band's website that he left Anorexia Nervosa.
A bit further, Anorexia Nervosa put himself in search of a new singer, but in front of the impossibility to find a good replacement, the band eventually decided on its stake in stand-by, being afraid that it becomes a sort of parody of itself. No information about a possible resumption of the activities was given since this time. Wait and see ...
25.03.2008 - 00:22
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I saw in a review about the other project of Hreidmarr (Cosa Nostra Klub formerly known as Count Nosferatu Kommando) that if this band wasn't sucessful he would return to Anorexia Nervosa. The rate given to this album in the magazine was 3.8/10, so let's hope he returns to Anorexia Nervosa.
25.03.2008 - 02:10
Stigmatized
I've heard terrible things about CNK, so hopefully that means a return to AN soon.
26.03.2008 - 17:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The last CNK album deserves more than a 3.8/10. It's a terrible album, different from "Ultraviolence ......", with more martial sides and still really interesting. But if you're not in the band's fellings, you probably will never enjoy it...

Quote:
that if this band wasn't sucessful he would return to Anorexia Nervosa

Hreidmarr said that only about an eventual re-edition of "Ultraviolence ......" album. If "Cosa Nostra Klub" seellings are good, it could be possible that "UUA" will be re-edited. That's all he said, nothing else...
26.03.2008 - 19:34
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by White Winter Sun on 26.03.2008 at 17:42

The last CNK album deserves more than a 3.8/10. It's a terrible album, different from "Ultraviolence ......", with more martial sides and still really interesting. But if you're not in the band's fellings, you probably will never enjoy it...

Quote:
that if this band wasn't sucessful he would return to Anorexia Nervosa

Hreidmarr said that only about an eventual re-edition of "Ultraviolence ......" album. If "Cosa Nostra Klub" seellings are good, it could be possible that "UUA" will be re-edited. That's all he said, nothing else...

Then probably we read different articles. What i said in that post was what i've read in a magazine , so i don't know anything else about that. Btw, can you give me the link of that information please?
26.03.2008 - 20:04
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 26.03.2008 at 19:34

Then probably we read different articles. What i said in that post was what i've read in a magazine , so i don't know anything else about that. Btw, can you give me the link of that information please?

Sure we have read different articles, I know it. You talk about review in your post. And for me a review is only about an album, not related with what a band member could say, or related to something that an author could say in his review without proving anything.
My information comes from the official CNK forum (only in french sorry [Link]), more particularly from a message posted by Hreidmarr himself, what is a little bit more believable.

Where did you read your review? On which magazine? (I'm curious to read the rate of the album ).
26.03.2008 - 20:07
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by White Winter Sun on 26.03.2008 at 20:04

Sure we have read different articles, I know it. You talk about review in your post. And for me a review is only about an album, not related with what a band member could say, or related to something that an author could say in his review without proving anything.
My information comes from the official CNK forum (only in french sorry [Link]), more particularly from a message posted by Hreidmarr himself, what is a little bit more believable.

I don't understand anything about French but thanks anyway

The magazine is called LOUD!. It's a portuguese magazine. Do you understand anything about Portuguese?
26.03.2008 - 20:23
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 26.03.2008 at 20:07

I don't understand anything about French but thanks anyway

The magazine is called LOUD!. It's a portuguese magazine. Do you understand anything about Portuguese?

No I don't understand it .

About the UUA re-edition, the band said that they have already started to work on it.

Quote:

A propos de la réédition, on a recommencé à bosser dessus... Avec la sortie de l'album et la préparation des concerts, nous n'avions pas eu trop le temps de nous en occuper. Donc là, ça se met en place petit à petit. Encore trop tôt pour annoncer une date, ceci dit.

Traduction of Hreidmarr's comment above:

"About the re-edition, we began again to work on it... With the new album release and the preparation of concerts, we haven't had too much time to take charge of it. Thus, that is set up little by little. Still too much early to announce a date,..."
26.03.2008 - 21:23
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

About the review: The author of this review says that they (Cosa Nostra Klub) tried to make a bombastic record, almost militarist with Wagner's (the composer) spirit as a main influence( they totally fail according to the reviewer because this album hasn't anything similar to Wagner's work) but using heavy riffs too. Besides that, Hreidmarr uses a voice in which you can perceive an effort to diversify and adjust to the various themes. To finish he says that it has much: programming and symphonic fulfillment but poor contents.

I hope you understand what i wrote, sorry for my english
27.03.2008 - 00:29
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 26.03.2008 at 21:23

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

About the review: The author of this review says that they (Cosa Nostra Klub) tried to make a bombastic record, almost militarist with Wagner's (the composer) spirit as a main influence( they totally fail according to the reviewer because this album hasn't anything similar to Wagner's work) but using heavy riffs too. Besides that, Hreidmarr uses a voice in which you can perceive an effort to diversify and adjust to the various themes. To finish he says that it has much: programming and symphonic fulfillment but poor contents.

I hope you understand what i wrote, sorry for my english

No problem, I understand you (My English is far to be perfect too ).
And thanks for the review content. Maybe the reviewer need to learn that "L'Hymne A La Joie" isn't a Wagner 's work. Poor Beethoven and Friedrich von Schiller...
31.05.2008 - 14:43
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Hahaha my mum overheard L'Hymne A La Joie and liked it...
but yeah certain stuff like Beethoven's 9th probably shouldn't be covered
Anyway i love AN and hope Hreidmarr returns.
28.10.2008 - 17:31
Khaldi
Someone knows what happened to my loved band after leaving Hreidmarr. Anorexia Nervosa
once and for all disintegrate ??
Anorexia Nervosa forever
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
28.10.2008 - 18:18
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
Anorexia Nervosa is fucking good but the best band to come out of France? I highly disagree on that one.
29.10.2008 - 16:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Maybe you guys should read earlier because the thread starter said he didn't have room to put a question mark at the end of the title. Someone probably should rename it though.

I was thinking about it, and Anorexia Nervosa might be the most intense band ever for me. I listen to a shit ton of grind, and I know that Origin, Converge, and old Kataklysm are pretty intense, but these guys have a way of starting out ridiculously intense and only getting more energetic as the song goes on.
29.10.2008 - 17:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 29.10.2008 at 16:30

Maybe you guys should read earlier because the thread starter said he didn't have room to put a question mark at the end of the title. Someone probably should rename it though.

I was thinking about it, and Anorexia Nervosa might be the most intense band ever for me. I listen to a shit ton of grind, and I know that Origin, Converge, and old Kataklysm are pretty intense, but these guys have a way of starting out ridiculously intense and only getting more energetic as the song goes on.

Added the question mark.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.10.2008 - 11:09
LebRuins
Account deleted
Anorexia Nervosa is a great french band but foor me it is not the best to come out from France, my favorite French band is Gojira their albums are just genius musically and lyrically (that's my opinion )
12.11.2008 - 22:22
Khaldi
Have hopes that the Anorexias in soon times can reunite again ? i'm just now listening their
<<Redemption process>> and .. and i not find words to describe this .. it ..it just awesome
Anybody know something about this ?
----
16.11.2008 - 00:31
selken
Irreligious
Written by Khaldi on 12.11.2008 at 22:22

Have hopes that the Anorexias in soon times can reunite again ? i'm just now listening their
<<Redemption process>> and .. and i not find words to describe this .. it ..it just awesome
Anybody know something about this ?

I didn't know they split up

I love them
----
16.11.2008 - 14:10
Dagorwen
Well, I heard it was over, they didn't find any vocalist as good as Heidmarr was
they ARE the best french band EVER (I don't like Gojira, they are not as deep as Anorexia!)
17.11.2008 - 05:08
Khaldi
Written by Dagorwen on 16.11.2008 at 14:10

Well, I heard it was over, they didn't find any vocalist as good as Heidmarr was
they ARE the best french band EVER (I don't like Gojira, they are not as deep as Anorexia!)

what you know about a new project of Heidmarr ? they are released something interesting ?
have any similarity with Anorexia ?
----
19.11.2008 - 19:46
matos

well i have to say you're wrong about Gojira, because they happen to be the "deepest" band i know. At least the latest two albums are pretty deep - lyrics about afterlife, death, environment issues, (beginning of) life, ect... music itself may seem a bit emotionless, mechanical and repeatable, but if you give it a few listens you'll find it very deep.
Don't get me wrong, i think Anorexia is deep as well, but not as Gojira Redemption Process is one of my fav. albums, i wish they made a video for Sister september...
As for the other French bands - i also ilke Svart crown and that's it
----
19.11.2008 - 19:53
matos
Written by Khaldi on 17.11.2008 at 05:08

what you know about a new project of Heidmarr ? they are released something interesting ?
have any similarity with Anorexia ?

if by " a new project of Heidmarr" you mean CNK (Count Nosferatu Kommando / Cosa nostra club), they have released two albums by now, i only know the first one, and it seems to be some kind of industrial project, which i semi liked back then...
I guess the only similarity are the vocals...
----
20.11.2008 - 23:08
enemy_within
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.10.2008 at 11:09

Anorexia Nervosa is a great french band but foor me it is not the best to come out from France, my favorite French band is Gojira their albums are just genius musically and lyrically (that's my opinion )

Fully agreed.:banger2: