Metal Storm logo
Cricket

Original post

Posted by Valar, 19.05.2006 - 17:01
Glad to open a Cricket Thread the most followed and worshipped game in the Indian Subcontinent though i am pessimistic this thread will get many patrons
Updating India Won Vs The West Indies in West Indies it was the first match of the ongoing 5 match ODI series and will be followed by the test series.
Also Sri lanka Drew ther match with England as England dropped 9 catches and dropped the opportunity to go 1-0 up in the test series.
30.08.2009 - 14:37
You can't see me but I'm writhing in awe of the genius that thought of this. And before you ask, no I'm not going to post a video of that. Those are for me only.

Well it's official; we got thrashed 2-0 by Sri Lanka. Get this: They work up a lead of 493 and put us into bat, 4th innings, no pressure. Our first 6 batsmen areout for 182, in one and a half sessions. But, see, this was evidently the plan all along. We now make two hundred runs for two wickets. Soon after we capitulate and go out for 396 ish. I maintain, based on this, that the NZ cricket team are the most difficult team I can think of to support. No-one before number 7 made more than 50. Then its 56, 124, then, just as it loks as though we might pull of a miracle, we collapse. Come on. Bring on the rest of the series, at least then I can use Malinga's atrocious bowling action as a scapegoat.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
10.09.2009 - 06:22
The NZ Team makes me want to cry. Since I have no other outlet, this thread is once again peppered with my woes.

We had Sri Lanka 69-5 after ~29 overs in a one dayer (NB: 69-5!!!! With NZ bowlers, this never happens). I go to bed - ball not coming onto bat and its getting late. Next morning I discover that SOMEHOW SL made 216 and, in reply, we managed 119 all out. Damn douchebag Malinga, he doesn't even come close to bowling properly. Disgusting.

Once again, most difficult team to support? I think so. I wish England would put up a fight v Aus, because the remainder of the series is the biggest anti climax since before premature ejaculation was invented.
----
10.09.2009 - 18:29
kesh
Account deleted
Keep the woe coming. Isn't on tv over here so havent followed NZ vs Sri but it's good to get an update from a kiwi perspective. And yea, England seem to have there heads on the South Africa tour more than the one days. Could be a good ploy to let the Aussies vent all there frustrations out in a one day white-wash so they may not be as hungry for revenge down under in two years time... im talking shit here.

Written by Entropic Silence on 10.09.2009 at 06:22

NB: 69-5!!!! With NZ bowlers, this never happens).

Dunno about that, who was that fellow who used to have the awesome slow ball a few year back? He used to bowl teams out near enough on his own.
12.09.2009 - 03:52
Written by Guest on 10.09.2009 at 18:29

Dunno about that, who was that fellow who used to have the awesome slow ball a few year back? He used to bowl teams out near enough on his own.

Only decent bowler we've had for a while is Shane Bond - he's got a fair slow ball. He is usually injured though - although he's just come back from the pirate Indian league to play for us again so yeah. That who you're on about?

Unless you mean Richard Hadlee who was YEARS back - retired in the nineties. You probably do. Wish he'd come back - if Stacey Jones (or Lawrence Dallaghlio since you're english) can do it (5 odd times) then surely he can.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the one dayers given that you've bagged the ashes which is the real reason they came over. Congrats again - was rooting for you. Although the filthy cheating on the last day of the first test was noted...
----
13.09.2009 - 03:32
kesh
Account deleted
... Sure it wasn't the first time.

Tried google'in who im going on about, around about when Hussain was captain for England. Given up. NZ either won or drew the series (not to sound like a prick but you do draw alot) and NZ had a bowler who in each test basically got the main wickets with this awesome slow ball he had..
14.09.2009 - 11:26
Sounds like Hadlee - its about the right time. Wikipedia might be your best bet - I know its helped through some rough times. On a side note, its nice to see them acknowledging that MS exists.

The other option is that one of our players had an amazing series and then petered out over the rest of his career (McCullum anyone?) and as such no one is familiar with him. This is also a pretty regular thing with kiwi cricketers.
----
30.09.2009 - 08:59
FUCK YES WE BEAT SL AND THE POMS!!!!!!!! I keep telling you we are awesome...
----
30.09.2009 - 09:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Entropic Silence on 30.09.2009 at 08:59

But may I offer a preliminary congratulations to England for beating us in the semis... I have all faith that we are due for a horrendous performance, considering the good run we have had.

If you guys manage to lose to the world's most boring and horrendous one day cricket team I will personally come and fly over and beat the crap out of the Kiwi team
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.09.2009 - 09:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Entropic Silence on 30.09.2009 at 08:59

But may I offer a preliminary congratulations to England for beating us in the semis... I have all faith that we are due for a horrendous performance, considering the good run we have had.

Btw they can't beat you in the semis since they play the first semi-final and you guys the second. So they can only beat you in the final
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2009 - 05:09
ToMegaTherion
We might have lost the ashes, but by god we are going to with the Champions Trophy... Go Australia.
05.10.2009 - 15:21
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
This is probably not a good idea to come back to this thread being South African and all....I can smell the ridiculing lol Nah fuck it...Aus should beat the Kiwis easy today even if half their team lost their legs and the rest got tied up with duct tape and shipped to Madagascar.

Killer performance by them against England.....I dont get how they can always just come up with the goods in tournaments even with a team that probably isnt even in the top 3 strongest teams on paper.
05.10.2009 - 17:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 05.10.2009 at 15:21

I dont get how they can always just come up with the goods in tournaments even with a team that probably isnt even in the top 3 strongest teams on paper.

It's that same never say die mentality you guys have.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.10.2009 - 22:22
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.10.2009 at 17:11

Written by Guest on 05.10.2009 at 15:21

I dont get how they can always just come up with the goods in tournaments even with a team that probably isnt even in the top 3 strongest teams on paper.

It's that same never say die mentality you guys have.

Nah I dont know...the Aussies are different and remember we havent won any silverware for 11 years, eventhough we were no.1 ranked in ODI's and Tests a short while ago. Their mental strength is something else...I think it must be a cultural thing or something that get ingrained into them at a young age. Our team unfortunately will suffer under the whole "choker" thing until we win something big....and the funny thing is in this ICC champs we just didnt play well, yet people will always label it as a lack of mental strength. I mean...sometimes you just play bad and theres not much more to it...
10.10.2009 - 00:37
One thing I notice about the Australian team is that, even if any 7 of their batsman only put on 30 or 40 runs collectively, one of the bastards will always stand up and deliver a century. Its ridiculous. even when the team falls around one player, he'll go on and win the game for them. I wouldn't discount a fair amount of natural talent playing a part in it as well, I mean Watson's innings against us and the poms were both 100% class.

Congrats to the aussies who, lets face it, were always going to do the business against us.
----
22.03.2011 - 02:09
wormdrink414
Elite
Didn't check to see if this has been posted yet. If it has, it should be posted on every page here anyway.

22.03.2011 - 15:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by wormdrink414 on 22.03.2011 at 02:09

Didn't check to see if this has been posted yet. If it has, it should be posted on every page here anyway.

No it hadn't been posted here yet, just look at the post date of the post above your
This clip si from the current ongoing World Cup which started four weeks ago
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.03.2011 - 02:04
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.03.2011 at 15:24

Written by wormdrink414 on 22.03.2011 at 02:09

No it hadn't been posted here yet, just look at the post date of the post above your
This clip si from the current ongoing World Cup which started four weeks ago

This could be the greatest Cricket advertisement ever. We don't hear much about it over here, but I think I might have to start watching it. Just in case something like this happens again.
28.03.2011 - 15:44
Judas
The Amputator
Marcel who do you fancy in the semi-finals?
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
29.03.2011 - 07:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Judas on 28.03.2011 at 15:44

Marcel who do you fancy in the semi-finals?

quite hard.

Based on consistency I'd say India and Sri Lanka.
But as we both know Pakistan are totally unbeatable when they have one of their days. And never underestimate New Zealand's tenacity. When they keep bowling line and length like they did in the quarters and their batsmen perform to their potential Sri Lanka will be beaten.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.03.2011 - 08:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Oh an all in all it's been quite a boring world cup (were it not for England's first six matches)

tbh I find it a disgrace how extremely batting friendly most of the pitches have been prepared.
Slogfests are boring.
What happened to a little green on top at the start to suit the seamers and then cracking up so the spinners can benefit? Batsmen are already favoured in the laws so to even things up the pitches have to be a little more bowler friendly.
But of course if that was done India would already be out of the competition. And we all know which cricketing board calls the shots nowadays due to revenue/income generated.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.03.2011 - 17:09
kesh
Account deleted
Looking forward to Wednesdays India vs Pakistan game. Should be Mega. Can't really describe or understand how big it'll mean to win that game for people in those nations. And yea, Marcel, i agree with everything you said. It's always better to see a batter really having to slug it out to score a good innings, with bowlers dominant imo.

My highlight has been Trott. The guys a man mountain. Same average as Tendulkar, totally opposite approaches. Tendulkar with his elegant cover drives, Trott schooled in that stubborn South African refusal to lose his wicket taken to extremes.
30.03.2011 - 19:39
kesh
Account deleted
Screaming for Pakistan to win here, isn't gonna happen, the Indians have that winning, Aussie/Old West Indie thing going on at the moment. Looking forward to them coming to our swing bowling environment. I'll even put money on England to winning the test series. Someone needs to put them down if Sri Lanka dont.
08.04.2013 - 16:48
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Anyone catching up Indian Premier League 2013?
22.07.2013 - 10:16
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
So......how are the aussies enjoying the ashes so far?
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
22.07.2013 - 11:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Nefarious on 22.07.2013 at 10:16

Oi fuck off, and I'm not even Australian I just hate the England cricket team with a passion especially due to the fact a lot of their players aren't even English

Btw, England haven't played well, to be honest, thank God for that The Australian batting is just utterly pathetic. Thank God for their tailenders still grinding it out, or else...
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.07.2013 - 11:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.07.2013 at 11:27

Written by Nefarious on 22.07.2013 at 10:16

Oi fuck off, and I'm not even Australian I just hate the England cricket team with a passion especially due to the fact a lot of their players aren't even English

Btw, England haven't played well, to be honest, thank God for that The Australian batting is just utterly pathetic. Thank God for their tailenders still grinding it out, or else...

Seems you hate all english team sports teams
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.07.2013 - 11:41
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.07.2013 at 11:27

Hahaha

Tbh i'm not normally a 'sore winner', i'm English & my football team is Birmingham City so being smug about a team I support playing well & winning would be pretty stupid of me considering how little it actually happens

But it's nice to return the favour in this particular case after years of abuse from the Aussies about how crap our cricket team was, expecially all the abuse I got when I lived there & was the only Pom around And I agree that England haven't really played very well this series, which just goes to show how terrible the Australian batting performance has been up to now. Agar aside that is, was gutted for him that he didn't get his ton in the first match.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
22.07.2013 - 11:44
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
Written by Bad English on 22.07.2013 at 11:36

In Marcel's defence, doesn't everyone?!

My experience as an English sports fan is that any neutral will always support whoever is playing against England, in any sport
----
22.07.2013 - 11:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nefarious on 22.07.2013 at 11:44

Written by Bad English on 22.07.2013 at 11:36

In Marcel's defence, doesn't everyone?!

My experience as an English sports fan is that any neutral will always support whoever is playing againt England, in any sport

LOL and England might not qualiffy to FIFA WC they are Nr 2 in group and lats possition between all secend places

I dont care about english cricket , but sometimes I hope Eng loose in football, its good, because they think they are best , same I wish 100% lose to chelski, because of romka abra I hate that guy

Its about all what I dislike about Eng.... I like Eng rugby teams (sometimes)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.07.2013 - 11:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Nefarious on 22.07.2013 at 11:41

Agar aside that is, was gutted for him that he didn't get his ton in the first match.

yeah so was I. And his dismissal just showed what a pathetic weasel Swann is. Swann celebrating like a moron trying to take away Agar's deserved limelight.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996