Metal Storm logo
Tribute to Metalstorm

Original post

Posted by theFIST, 04.03.2013 - 03:33
Thread for posting any material that might be used on the planned compilation/collaboration album made by various metal storm users

EDIT 1:
bandcamp page http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com/
EDIT 2:
cover artwork competition http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=44897
EDIT 3:
due to there having been no cover artwork submissions i deleted that thread, painted a suggestion and posted it in this thread
EDIT 4:
poll for the release date of the second compilation http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=49711
11.11.2013 - 21:10
ANGEL REAPER
What about Storm-bringer,or Children of the Storm?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
11.11.2013 - 23:07
theFIST
Written by Unhealer on 11.11.2013 at 17:57

Written by theFIST on 11.11.2013 at 17:21

would you be ok with calling it Hurricanes?

What about Tempest? Maelstrom probably sounds better, but since that one is water-based, doesn't make sense with the cover

got a pm from vombatus, he agrees with you on tempest
so i think we"ll go with that, unless someone strongly disagrees
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
12.11.2013 - 11:46
Grey Wind
There actually is a famous album titled "Technical Difficulties"
----
wimps and posers leave the hall lol
12.11.2013 - 19:06
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Grey Wind on 12.11.2013 at 11:46

There actually is a famous album titled "Technical Difficulties"

yes but mine tech difficulties made me change tracks....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
22.11.2013 - 20:14
Unhealer
Eclecticist
My track is ready guys. When the rest of you is ready I'll send it
22.11.2013 - 21:28
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Unhealer on 22.11.2013 at 20:14

My track is ready guys. When the rest of you is ready I'll send it

send it rightaway since there are already 4 tracks
----
22.11.2013 - 21:33
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 22.11.2013 at 21:28

send it rightaway since there are already 4 tracks

Yeah, but Fist told me there are two more guys still working on it. I'll keep playing with the mix until then.
09.12.2013 - 19:26
InnerSelf
proofread free
My track is being recorded, I need one week ... anyone else still participating or is it just 5 tracks ?
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
09.12.2013 - 20:18
theFIST
Written by InnerSelf on 09.12.2013 at 19:26

My track is being recorded, I need one week ... anyone else still participating or is it just 5 tracks ?

looking forward to it
there are 4 uploaded + you and Unhealer
so 6 tracks
Grey Wind had a quite professional sounding demo and said he found a vocalist (the last thing missing) but i haven"t been able to get a reply from him for about a month, so i have no idea if he will contribute
----
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
09.12.2013 - 22:08
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by theFIST on 09.12.2013 at 20:18

looking forward to it
so 6 tracks
Grey Wind had a quite professional sounding demo and said he found a vocalist (the last thing missing) but i haven"t been able to get a reply from him for about a month, so i have no idea if he will contribute

Anyone has him on Facebook ?
and another thing, why did you make the 4 tracks available for streaming on bandcamp already ? ... I think we should've released it all together.
----
is not bold enough
09.12.2013 - 22:56
theFIST
Written by InnerSelf on 09.12.2013 at 22:08

Written by theFIST on 09.12.2013 at 20:18

looking forward to it
so 6 tracks

Anyone has him on Facebook ?
and another thing, why did you make the 4 tracks available for streaming on bandcamp already ? ... I think we should've released it all together.

it"ll be availale for download when it gets released, think of those tracks as teasers streaming efore the release
----
23.02.2014 - 15:30
theFIST
Thank you to all that participated
Tempest has finally been released
----
23.02.2014 - 17:15
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Finally! Thanks to everyone involved and specially FIST for coordinating the whole thing. I'll download and listen today to see what came out of this.
25.02.2014 - 18:21
InnerSelf
proofread free
Thanks everyone, the album turned out to be really good
----
is not bold enough
25.02.2014 - 18:50
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by InnerSelf on 25.02.2014 at 18:21

Thanks everyone, the album turned out to be really good

Your track is my favorite from the compilation dude! Too bad you couldn't add vocals, that would have been killer probably.
This compilation is nothing like what I had expected, pretty obscure stuff mostly.
26.02.2014 - 08:49
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Unhealer on 25.02.2014 at 18:50

Your track is my favorite from the compilation dude! Too bad you couldn't add vocals, that would have been killer probably.
This compilation is nothing like what I had expected, pretty obscure stuff mostly.

Wow! thanks a lot man. Pretty interesting and varied stuff on the compilation.
Loved the progression and the Opeth-ish leads on your tracks .
Will try and post my detailed feedback of each track.
----
is not bold enough
26.02.2014 - 18:10
Vombatus
Potorro
Nice to see your tracks Unhealer and Innerself, they are good me thinks ! Definitely the more "pro" sounding of the bunch
I'm sorry for not contributing with new material, would have liked to do a more "metal" track but been impossible for a loooong while now.
27.02.2014 - 13:41
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Vombatus on 26.02.2014 at 18:10

I'm sorry for not contributing with new material, would have liked to do a more "metal" track but been impossible for a loooong while now.

Why ?
----
is not bold enough
27.02.2014 - 20:58
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by InnerSelf on 27.02.2014 at 13:41

Why ?

Don't have access to my instruments... and to make a metal song I'd need some real drums/ a lot of time to make it sound decent, both things I lack of nowadays.
28.02.2014 - 10:08
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Vombatus on 27.02.2014 at 20:58

Don't have access to my instruments... and to make a metal song I'd need some real drums/ a lot of time to make it sound decent, both things I lack of nowadays.

I have the same issue, and without my friend (who's also my bandmate) I would've never recorded anything ... in fact, he recorded and produced this whole song, I wrote it, made a guitar pro tab for it and gave him a few hints as to how I want it to sound and he did the rest.
----
is not bold enough
28.02.2014 - 23:38
Unhealer
Eclecticist
We could do part two this year, maybe we can get more people in it
01.03.2014 - 01:48
ANGEL REAPER
Agreed
----
01.03.2014 - 02:03
theFIST
Written by Unhealer on 28.02.2014 at 23:38

We could do part two this year, maybe we can get more people in it

agreed, it was quite interesting, both the sound of the result and working on it, so a sequel would be great, this time with a bit more experience in organizing it

since we"ve increased the participants by six once already by doing part 1, i don"t think getting more people is that difficult next time
----
01.03.2014 - 12:19
InnerSelf
proofread free
I agree too, I'd be into it
----
is not bold enough
01.03.2014 - 13:50
theFIST
I"d suggest "Vortex" as the temporary title, or, which has already been suggested short before the release the first, "Maelstrom"
----
01.03.2014 - 14:06
InnerSelf
proofread free
How about thinking a bit outside the box ... something like a concept album this time with a running theme (not necessarily lyrical) or something to tie the songs together, sort of a challenge rather than a compilation.
----
is not bold enough
01.03.2014 - 14:34
theFIST
Written by InnerSelf on 01.03.2014 at 14:06

How about thinking a bit outside the box ... something like a concept album this time with a running theme (not necessarily lyrical) or something to tie the songs together, sort of a challenge rather than a compilation.

originally the album we just released was supposed to be a concept compilation about storms, and we all know how that went
----
01.03.2014 - 15:24
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Yeah, but now we are more organized (I hope).
I agree on having something to tie the songs, but that'd be either lyrical (note that we had mostly instrumentals this time) or musical, and the latter will be quite difficult to coordinate/agree and could end up being somewhat limiting.
01.03.2014 - 17:51
InnerSelf
proofread free
I'll keep the idea in my mind and if I came up with something that might be interesting I'll tell you.
----
is not bold enough
02.03.2014 - 01:51
Vombatus
Potorro
Improbable but fun idea.... making things together sharing duties, like one does the guitars, other drums, vocals, etc. and we switch between the songs