Metal Storm logo
Tribute to Metalstorm

Original post

Posted by theFIST, 04.03.2013 - 03:33
Thread for posting any material that might be used on the planned compilation/collaboration album made by various metal storm users

EDIT 1:
bandcamp page http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com/
EDIT 2:
cover artwork competition http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=44897
EDIT 3:
due to there having been no cover artwork submissions i deleted that thread, painted a suggestion and posted it in this thread
EDIT 4:
poll for the release date of the second compilation http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=49711
02.03.2014 - 12:43
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Vombatus on 02.03.2014 at 01:51

Improbable but fun idea.... making things together sharing duties, like one does the guitars, other drums, vocals, etc. and we switch between the songs

I like this! 6 songs written by all us, might be interesting and might turn out awful
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
02.03.2014 - 13:17
ANGEL REAPER
No way ...one thing is to record something for someone but that what you suggest is bad idea...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
02.03.2014 - 15:41
theFIST
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 02.03.2014 at 13:17

No way ...one thing is to record something for someone but that what you suggest is bad idea...

while i quite like it as an idea, i think it massively increases the effort, especially since we are in different parts of the world and can"t all discuss it in person
as interesting as it might be, it would just make sense as a professional effort from which we expect enough sales to finance getting together at one place to work on it together
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
02.03.2014 - 16:27
Vombatus
Potorro
Well, we can just send mp3 files and quick emails with a few ideas... the idea wasn't about being serious and making something good/well thought, but for fun no matter if it ends up good or bad. Nothing complexe.

But I'm up for anything, I dont care much about the concept/quality required/direction/etc...
02.03.2014 - 18:05
Unhealer
Eclecticist
It's not a BAD idea but I do agree it's practically impossible to pull it off. I'd say we should go for a similar method like last time, maybe agreeing on a concept now... leaving out storms and such, any ideas ?
02.03.2014 - 20:54
theFIST
Written by Unhealer on 02.03.2014 at 18:05

It's not a BAD idea but I do agree it's practically impossible to pull it off. I'd say we should go for a similar method like last time, maybe agreeing on a concept now...

Agreed, also those that want to collaborate on songs can set that challenge for themselves anyways even if most don"t

i think a priority this time needs to be getting enough songs that are specifically recorded for the compilation, also spreading the word when there is still enough time, the last minute organization i tried to do for Tempest wasn"t ideal
with just original songs the goal of a common concept is much easier to arrive at as well

anyways, a water based concept could be interesting
----
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
02.03.2014 - 21:14
ANGEL REAPER
No ... no more elements/weather please
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
02.03.2014 - 21:55
Unhealer
Eclecticist
LOL, "no more" doesn't apply since there was actually no concept for the first one I'd say we should go for a cyberpunk dinosaurs theme.
02.03.2014 - 23:05
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Unhealer on 02.03.2014 at 21:55

LOL, "no more" doesn't apply since there was actually no concept for the first one I'd say we should go for a cyberpunk dinosaurs theme.

thats expecially is good idea... i think i will make a track named "Steam-powered Dragon Slayer"! or "T-Rex was Beast(in Bed)!"
----
03.03.2014 - 12:07
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Unhealer on 02.03.2014 at 21:55

hahahaha true, I began writing a song for the compilation and then I stopped and picked up this song which I had written probably a couple of months ago
I agree that this time we'll try and write stuff specifically for the compilation and the water theme sounds nice!
----
is not bold enough
03.03.2014 - 12:40
ANGEL REAPER
Water? what are we now ,a Dethklok tribute
----
03.03.2014 - 13:19
InnerSelf
proofread free
An Ahab tribute :3
----
is not bold enough
03.03.2014 - 13:48
theFIST
So since we don"t get an agreement on the topic yet, what about something else first?
i think it would be quite useful for us to set a deadline we can meet this time
so do you have estimates of the time frame you can comfortably finish in?
----
03.03.2014 - 14:20
ANGEL REAPER
Well any deadline which is at least 6 months from now suits me ....offcourse sou to some stuff i have to do in future i might need more time or less ...
----
03.03.2014 - 18:53
InnerSelf
proofread free
6 months sounds good to me, I'll agree on whatever else you guys decide.
----
is not bold enough
03.03.2014 - 19:04
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I'd say we go easy... what about aiming for a release on February 2015, exactly one year after the first one? That way we aren't releasing both same year.

Regarding the concept, what about taking a movie/book/tale/historic event?
04.03.2014 - 15:31
theFIST
As you agree that it should be at least 6 months that would get us quite useful dates afterwards:
31.Oct Halloween, the originally planned date for Tempest,
21.Dec winter solstice right after which there"d be holidays during which people would have time for listening to the release
but i understand the argument of not having the sequel in the same year and releasing in February again, which would give us another great date:
1.Feb, which gives us a whole month of informing people when lots of people are on metalstorm anyways due to the awards, although they"d already be busy listening to the nominees
----
04.03.2014 - 19:23
ANGEL REAPER
All 3 suggested suits me ....
----
05.03.2014 - 01:15
Unhealer
Eclecticist
You have a point about the downsides of February, we could release it mid-January then.
05.03.2014 - 14:08
theFIST
I think mid january doesn"t have the advantages of any date, as at that point the holidays are over, and there aren"t yet the people coming mostly for the awards on
1.Jan would be an option though, making this a new years release
that would give us a special date and roughly a week of holiday time for most listeners
but to be sure, would you be ok with a poll for when people are most likely to take the time for listening to it?
----
13.03.2014 - 20:53
theFIST
Opened a poll
anyways, does anyone have a new topic suggestion or reason for agreeing to a previously dismissed topic
----
20.03.2014 - 21:56
Vombatus
Potorro
Just to say (as there is a bit of activity on the other thread related to this) that I'll have my part done this summer, as I have quite some free time this year. Most probably will be some raw BM or something (hmmm at least it's the direction I want...), I'll improvise some shit as usual
21.03.2014 - 00:19
theFIST
Written by Vombatus on 20.03.2014 at 21:56

Just to say (as there is a bit of activity on the other thread related to this) that I'll have my part done this summer, as I have quite some free time this year. Most probably will be some raw BM or something (hmmm at least it's the direction I want...), I'll improvise some shit as usual

awesome news, looking forward to hearing it, enjoyed your stuff so far
so now we just need a topic
----
25.03.2014 - 00:26
ANGEL REAPER
Well since we lack concept of an album... why not "demolition man" ? ok not the stallone film but the ideas portrayed there ... the modern life and how it affects you people.What do you guys think?
----
25.03.2014 - 17:07
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 25.03.2014 at 00:26

the modern life and how it affects you people.What do you guys think?

That sounds interesting, you have my vote.
25.03.2014 - 23:35
theFIST
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 25.03.2014 at 00:26

Well since we lack concept of an album... why not "demolition man" ? ok not the stallone film but the ideas portrayed there ... the modern life and how it affects you people.What do you guys think?

don"t know demolition man, but something modern, technology based sounds great
another +
----
04.04.2014 - 12:59
theFIST
Since we seem to be mostly in agreement, +1 from Vombatus via pm, i"d say we stick with the topic
so, good luck and have fun playing
also, what do you think about trying again to have a user competition for the cover artwork?
----
04.04.2014 - 19:23
InnerSelf
proofread free
+1 from me too.
----
is not bold enough
05.04.2014 - 05:27
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by theFIST on 04.04.2014 at 12:59

also, what do you think about trying again to have a user competition for the cover artwork?

I wouldn't be able to collaborate anything decent to that, I don't know about the others Unless I take a picture and edit it or something like that.
05.04.2014 - 13:57
theFIST
Written by Unhealer on 05.04.2014 at 05:27

Written by theFIST on 04.04.2014 at 12:59

I wouldn't be able to collaborate anything decent to that, I don't know about the others Unless I take a picture and edit it or something like that.

it wouldn"t have to be the same people doing the artwork and the songs, that would be division of labour
although an edited picture of computer parts could fit this time
----