18 have it
6 want it

01. Onward To Perdóndaris
02. Across The Time-Stream
03. In The Shadow Of The Towers

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
I must admit that I hadn't heard about Bong before I stumbled across Beyond Ancient Space. Droning doom/sludge is what I do enjoy, but I wasn't ready to be so mercilessly blown away by a band I didn't know existed until its music stomped me into the shaggy carpet of my living room.

As far as drone goes, it doesn't really get much better than Bong's latest album. Slow tempos, psychedelic atmosphere, repetitive, lingering guitar riffs, thundering bass. The haunting, and yet relaxed and somehow narcotic ambiance is underlined by the use of sitar and an instrument called shahi baaja. Kill me if I know what it is, but it does sound great, if not slightly demented. The vocals are scarcely noticeable, and most of the time they resemble some kind of chanting that brings to mind a monastery somewhere high in the mountains, where monks never talk to each other, and only open their mouths to sing psalms at vespers.

Read more ››
published 11.07.2011 | Comments (23)

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 64 users
06.03.2013 - 13:52
Rating: 9
mz

The sound of sitar on heavy bass background is like injection of cold water on a melting metal plate. Excellent album
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.03.2013 - 14:48
Rating: 8
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by mz on 06.03.2013 at 13:52
The sound of sitar on heavy bass background is like injection of cold water on a melting metal plate. Excellent album

Listening to this album at the heat of summer is one hell of a trip, man. What an album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.03.2013 - 16:21
Rating: 9
mz

Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.03.2013 at 14:48

Written by mz on 06.03.2013 at 13:52

Listening to this album at the heat of summer is one hell of a trip, man. What an album.

Yeah I could imagine what a pleasant experience that would be. I certainly need to go deeper to this drone genre.
and, btw, I was actually listening to this again for the 3rd time today when I realized you have quoted me here .
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.

Hits total: 5251 | This month: 7