Metal Storm logo
Comics and Movies

20.05.2006 - 08:58
Icewings
La Luna
Well I'm both a comic and Movie fan , I really enjoy reading different comics old and new and of course movies .I have noticed many producers aare taking the comics or at leats the idea and then making a movie out of it ..some are good some are not exactly what we expect but it is interesting to see how they do the story and stuff ..Some of my favorite comics turn into movies are

*Sin City
*V for Vendetta

so what about yours and what do you think ?
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
20.05.2006 - 18:55
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Sometimes they do it well, but Hollywood LOVES to make money on things like this so it lends itself to certain abuses.
But the best ones I've seen would the original 2 Batman Films ( the Tim Burton ones, but then, I like anything by Tim burton) and then As you say, Sin City and V for Vandetta...both VERY enjoyable films. I don't know how "true" V is to the original, but Sin City is very true to the graphic novels. Another one would be The Crow - it's not very true to it's original, but damn it's a good movie. Only the first one,mind
21.05.2006 - 04:31
Icewings
La Luna
Hi thanks for the respond , well yes excellent movies you have seen , and yes Hollywood loves doing that but is nice when they make it good , liek Sin city excellent and it didn't go that far from the comic , not V it went a little far like they change a lot of things , in the comic they don't fall in love , and at the end of the comic the girl puts the mask on and she says she is the new V ... so yeah but I like watching movies like that is nice ..thanks
----

21.05.2006 - 06:06
Alouqua
Account deleted
What about "Daredevil" and Aeon Flux count as a comic? I love Sin City, frank miller is a genius! About V... Well I was expecting so much more but is Ok....
I love to see different things on the screen, like the comics, but is a hard work. Hey i remember one movie I hate: X man!!!! It was just bored!
21.05.2006 - 08:08
Icewings
La Luna
Hi my dear , yeah Daredevil was ok uhmm they change little things but not that much , and yes Sin city is awesome .. I love it it's great and well about V I really like it , even that they change things .. and well sorry my dear but I like X-men I think it was cool ;P ...

I love when they do this , because is liek they bring everything you have imagine when you read it to real life , I just wish they didn't change that much stuff
----

21.05.2006 - 12:27
Avenant
Profane Seraph
Written by Icewings on 21.05.2006 at 04:31

not V it went a little far like they change a lot of things , in the comic they don't fall in love , and at the end of the comic the girl puts the mask on and she says she is the new V ... so yeah but I like watching movies like that is nice ..thanks

That actually sounds MUCH better and more realistic than what happened in the movie... but oh well. It was still a fun movie anyway, although I can't for the life of me figure out why they would change that
21.05.2006 - 17:54
Laevos
Account deleted
Well, despite i like movies, I don't use to watch 'em in the cines. There's always a motive to me to lose a good movie: I'm sick, or I have to study, or whatever else.

From those comic movies: seems to me a good idea to make 'em. It's a good way to Hollywood to make money and to us to have a good time. I didn't watch half of them, but the ones I like the most were The Crow, X Man and Batman Begins. Sin City and V for Vendetta I didn't watch yet, although all my friends say they're great movies. Well, maybe someday I'll get them in DVD and watch at home...
24.05.2006 - 23:33
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
"V for Vendetta was a good movie that kept me entertained through out all the time it took. Still, I thought the movie would be far better, maybe because I expected it to be that way by the sole participation of my favorite female actress, Natalie Portman, which of course exceeded in her acting.

"Sin City", I haven't seen yet.

"Daredevil" to me was just awful. The enemies were just dull and the movie was just more of the same.

"X-Men" is what you can expect a movie to be. As expected, it had some slight modifications but all the characters kept faith to their Cartoons and Comics side. The best part of the first movie would be when Wolverine is told (it has been a long time since the last time I saw it so I forgot which character said it) that his clothing could be worse, he could be wearing a yellow custom. lol I cannot get tired of mentioning this but, for those who didn't know, Danzig was being considered to make the personification of Wolverine in this movie.

The sequel was as good as the first I would say. Among my favorite characters from the movie there are the pretty Storm (I cannot believe that Halle Berry accepted to do that horrible role in the "Catwoman" movie after such a good movie as X-Men) and Rogue (made by Anna Paquin of whom I enjoyed his role in the modern version of Romeo and Juliet she did along with Leonardo DiCaprio). This movie ended with the death of Jean and the apparition of Phoenix, the scene in which Phoenix appears swimming under the lake is just frightening in a grim way.

Now, I am waiting for this next May 25th, tomorrow (I may not go to watch it right away since the row for watching it may be endless :S) to go and see the third and last (?) installment of the series. In this one we will have the chance of seeing Juggernaut and, supposedly, how Rogue obtains her incredible force through him. I was a little disappointed of not seeing Gambit in the previews but, well, not everything can be perfect.

About "Batman", I have to say that as a child I got into this superhero as most of us did but now, that I can compare him with other superheroes, I find him to be lame and dull. He relies too much in his multi-use belt, vehicles and technology making him to be nothing special. Now, his latest movie (which I haven't been able to see in its entirety since I was given an edited version of that movie taken from theaters) made a progress by showing a Wayne side, a more human side which was not present in other previous movies where he is just a millionaire that has it all: fame, money and women. But this side of superheroes, this human side of them is better show in the "Spider Man" movies, which I consider as my favorites.

"Spider Man" would be my favorite ones. The acting in these movies is over the top, Parker's story is touching because of all his personal struggles about his grandfather's death and how he blames himself for it (this to me is more deep than the problems which John Wayne has in Batman that cannot go far from: "Which type of wine I am going to drink today?"), of how he tries to live a normal life even when he has those powers which make him different from any other ordinary human being, not to mention those great enemies which he faces. All this makes "Spider Man" my favorite Comic Book movie from a Super Hero.

But, there aren't just Super Heroes in comics, there are Anti-heroes too and this would be my favorite of them all:

"Spawn" the movie was pretty good. I recall having watched this movie more than eleven times when I had like twelve years old. The special effects were pretty good in that movie, how Spawn's cape move around was breathtaking. The best scene there would be when Spawn, Al Simmons, breaks inside the building through the roof and faces Jason, the one who betrayed him.
----
Christless
25.05.2006 - 03:10
suinelah
I love the X-men- and Spiderman movies, especially the latter.
Although not all that bad, Daredevil proved to be quite a dis-
appointment... and I just hated The Hulk.
Spawn was OK, I guess... but then again, I haven't read the
comic, so...
I enjoyed the two first Batman movies...
What am I forgetting? Oh, yes... Witchblade... boy, did that
movie suck! It's a pilot for a TV series, is it not?

I liked the V for Vendetta comic, so I'm quite curious about
the movie.

Sorry for the lack of elaboration.
----
blessed be,
//suinelah
26.05.2006 - 08:24
Icewings
La Luna
@Laevos: Don't worry that happens to me a lot , but please never give up or lose and opportunity to see a great movies , and yes of course get the DVD or something ...so great movies aren't they

@ Darth Satanious: THANKS a lot for such great post , you made your reasons clear and everything else , and well I don't doubt you are a great Fan .. so I enjoy V but yeah it had it's bad things , and I didn't like daredevil either , I am glad someone agrees , I mean it was ok but not what I was expecting ...I don't know some stuff were good but most of the movie not really , as for Sin city I recomend it I really liek it so I hope you see it and Finally someone mentions SPAWN what a great comic and movie , I will never forget Spawn it just a masterpiece ...Thanks again

@suinelah:No worries you are fine , and well yes I am a batman fan as well , some movies dissapoint me but I still like him a lot , as for V you should see it , they change things but it was just a great movies ...

Thanks guys
----

28.05.2006 - 10:47
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@suinelah:

I did not know that "Witchblade" had already a movie. :S What makes it that bad? I used to have some comics from her and some comics from her with Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. I liked her pretty much.

If you have not seen Spawn's comics I bet you will like them pretty much when you get to have the chance. They not only have amazing drawings but the whole story or stories are over the top. Spawn is bound to overthrow Satan (Malebolgia) from his throne and rule in Hell as the sole king of darkness. He can kick both Satan's and God's asses. lol

@Icewings:

I will see Sin City when I get to have the chance, thanks for your recommendation.

I went this past Thursday to the theaters with the company of my sister's ex husband and still friend of mine to see the new "X-Men" movie! Wow, this movie is damn good! My only complain would be that they passed Juggernaut as a mutant when in reality he is not but well, those movies cannot stay 100% true to the comics so I won't complain.

I won't talk too much about it now since it is too early to be giving things away from this movie but I, for those who will go to watch it at theaters, would like to give a counsel to all of you: wait after the ending credits or else you will miss something huge!
----
Christless
05.06.2006 - 08:16
Aresius
Account deleted
@ Darth Satanious...Im a huge fan of Spawn too...he is the best comic character ever...I have a huge collection of Spawn stuff...I've been collecting figures since 1998...I guess I have like 165...Im broke because of that, but I really dont care...Anyways, he is the best...but the movie, I dont know...It really sucks, Malebolgia looks like a dinosaur, it was terrible, I mean Spawn on a bike making stunts and Clown dressed up like a cheerleader...typical thing in a movie like that...hell looks awful...you know, I was expecting something a little more serious, but the movie was like some sort of comedy...the storyline was terrible...it doesnt represents the comic at all...and Terry Fitzgerlad was white, wtf? You can find that movie with like 80% off in any store...Its such a shame...

06.06.2006 - 03:40
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Aresius:

You have spent a great amount of money in those figures. I don't know I just got to know Spawn through that same movie; I just fell in love with the plot of Spawn (since that moment I had a fascination with Satan and all that, even before getting to know Metal). I could only read over 20 comics of the series, after that I kind of quit from buying comics. At least I got to read the moment when Cogliostro tells Spawn that he was bound to take Maleboligia's throne in Hell! Spawn was shocked about it for he ignored that part of his mission. I have never been able to watch a single chapter of the Spawn cartoon series yet, I know, it is a shame.
----
Christless
06.06.2006 - 19:24
Warrior Poet
Account deleted
I'm a big fan of the Ghost Rider comic, I'm very interested to see how the movie turns out. Oh and heres a trailer if anyone is interested.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/internationalteaser/
17.06.2006 - 10:11
Icewings
La Luna
@Darth Satanious: Hey Yeah I think that you must see Sin city is really interesting anD I love the way the have done it ..it's amazing and well I saw x-men and I thought it was a really cool cool movie by now I think we can talk about it

@Warrior Poet:How cool , I didn't even now they were making the movie..Thanks it looks really nice ...
----

18.06.2006 - 04:20
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Warrior Poet:

I did not know about that. I used to have several Ghost Rider action figures, the ones that glow in the dark; I even had one which came with the motorcycle. I also had a comic book, I ignore if it was special of some sort, which had Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Punisher together. I never got into The Punisher at all. It may be because (this is what I have been told) he came as an idea after they decided to take Batman's gun away and therefore they decided to create a character that resembled to Batman and which could carry a gun. Since I am not too fond of Batman to begin with, this may be an unconscious reason of why I did not get into him. I will be looking forward for this movie.

@Icewings:

I will see it. At least I know that there will be a scene which won't disappoint me: Jessica Alba's dance scene. So you got to see it? It was not that bad as people want to make the movie pass as, right? Did you get to wait until the credits passed?
----
Christless
18.06.2006 - 16:35
Stigmatized
Ok, has no one mentioned The Crow? Possibly the best comic turned movie ever?
18.06.2006 - 18:02
MigraineBoy
About the new fever about making comis into movies, I have to say that two of the movies I like more have been rejected by his original greator...yes, Mr Alan Moore. LeagueOEG was crap, but Constantine and V seems good to me, maybe because I never have the chance to read the whole series of comics, V have some really deep changes in the movie, no FATE computer, no anarchy (blame the whachuwachpousky brothers). I am afraid what they can do with the Watchmen....is a great story but...a movie?...I don't know.

Sin City is flawless, I give all the credit the direct intervention of Frank Miller (he made a good role making has a priest )

I think this fever started with Blade, I read some article made by Stan Lee saying that Blade was a test to see how well this kind of movies fit into the actual audience.

The worst...Daredevil!
----
Is only wrong if you don't get it!
19.06.2006 - 03:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The Punisher hasn't been mentioned yet and I thought that was a good movie. Actually, it was pretty badass.

What did you guys think about the Hell Blazer movie (Constantine)? I thought it was good, but a lot of people didn't like it.
04.07.2006 - 07:11
Icewings
La Luna
@Darth Satanious: Lol yeah you will get to see Jessica's scene at least..I think is a great movie you must see it all.and about X-men she I saw that and wow I was surprised ....I like it a lot...

@Dream_of_Hate:Yeah of course ,My beatiful crow I love that movie,but only the first one ,It has a special something ,the other one's are good but not like the first one ...

@MigraineBoy:Lol yeah I get you..they change so many things ..uhmm that I know when there's a movie like that ,I tell myself before going to the movies well don't expect too much because they are probably gonna chance something..and about V yeah true but well the movie was good....

Also I like Blade , I think it was good ,and how interesting to know that ....uhmm I always thought it was another movie that they made the test on,but well it kind of makes sense ...jjajaja yeah Daredevil was not the greatest...

@ pyroleprechaun Yeah the punisher was ok....not that great to my opinion they could have done better ,but Costantine it was awesome ,One of my favorites...

Thanks guys
----

04.07.2006 - 07:25
tulkas
el parcero
For me nothing will ever catch up to Batman. Comics were great, and specially the movie Batman Begins was simply I just like it so much because for me he´s the only REAL hero. No ridiculus superpowers or strange mutations, just a rich dude trying to get revenge for the death of his parents. That´s really human and real, so that´s my favorite. And also he has a really cool car
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
04.07.2006 - 07:56
Icewings
La Luna
@Tulkas: Hey paisano ..wow I agree with you a lot ,I mean I like the other movies but Batman since I was a child he was my favorite superhero.. I mean I admire him so much and I just enjoy always going to the movies to see my batman. and yeah excellent movie Batman begins .for some reason I thought it was gona be just normal but when I saw it WOW what a great movie
----

09.08.2006 - 20:16
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
@Darth Satanious: How can you say that the Xmen trlogy was good?! And Spawn Movie was good too?! Dude, you must read the comics first. Really check them,in Xmen a lot od characters were out, the last one was good, but the first two parts

-Sin City: This is a good movie, but if you like comics you must see that in the story of the prostitutes city the movie takes some frames of another comic called Black kiss.

-Hellboy: As a fan of Mike Mignola this movie was great, but also had many problems. The movie is based in the first saga of Hellboy (A long time ago for show the movie at this time): The origin of him. Grat movie

-Batman movies: Just greats, the caharacters takes another posistion in the movies, very based in the batman of Frank Miller and Brian Bolland.

-Superman: I like superman old movies, but this new one was a totally stupid one!

-SpiderMan: The same, the idea was directed to happypunks, commercial commercial commercial. I think the third is gona chenge that ( i hope).

-Allan moore Adaptations: Well, as many of you know, Allan moore is one of the most awesome comicwriters and i think the adaptation of his comics are awesome (The extraordinary league of gentlemen, V for Vendetta) are relly based in the comics (well, the first one has changed by many copyraght problems, but the escece still the same).

-The Crow: Alex proyas is such a fan of comicbooks, and this movie is really awesome, nothing more to say, just that the crow character is more metal, and in the movie is like grunge, hehe.

And i know more comic movies, but is just my own critics. I really enoy these ones. BTW the Watchmen movie is gonna be filmed! yupi!
09.08.2006 - 20:25
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Another BTW, Batman concept has been very exalted to a position of being the messiah of our time, and this is thnx to Frank Miller, but i think the real true about batman is the will of his first transformation (from vulga man to a highness example of the human posibilities), after that training he bacame crazy; yes, Batman should be in Arkham. Why?
After the desire of revenge his fathers, he could been in peace, but he create all his villians (From Joker to Hush) fighting all the evil in a Bat disguise, the criminals take that part, he gave life to his villians, so the Batman of FrankMiller is a bad ass, but the Batman of Tim Burton is just a mad guy, while the batman of the beginnings was just gay (check him). His evolution has been amazing, from a ero in disguise to a mad gay seeking vengeance.
16.08.2006 - 00:44
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I got to read the comics after I saw the Spawn movie and I still like it. About X Men, I don't seem to mind the modifications.

I finally saw Sin City and it was pretty good. I haven't had the chance of reading the comics so I cannot make any comparisons. I liked the pace of the movie and how most of it consists of narrations; all in a fictional world which defies "normal" laws of life.
----
Christless
23.09.2006 - 23:02
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Has anyone seen the trailer for the upcoming "Ghost Rider" movie? It looks pretty good, at least what we can see: great special effects and how the Hell Cycle looks set on fire is pretty amazing.

One thing that I don't like too much is the fact that the movie was directed by the same guy who directed "Daredevil" and everything related to this movie leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At least they have Nicholas Cage as Blaze, not any unknown idiot that appears from nowhere.

I also read that the guy in charge of making the voice of Ghost Rider is the guy in charge of Sound Design in the past The Matrix movies. They said that Rider's voice is going to "shake the theatre".

I am looking forward to it.
----
Christless
17.12.2006 - 08:44
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I'm a HUGE fan of Transmetropolitan. Any other fans here?
I've read all 60 issues and they're all fucking great. Warren Ellis is a bloody genius, and Darrick Robertson's attention to detail is just spectacular.

Supposedly, Patrick Stewart is a huge fan of these comics...So I was wondering, IF they were to make this a movie (which I dearly hope so), who do you think would fit the part to play Spider Jerusalem? I'd say Patrick Stewart or Willem Dafoe..both are excellent actors, and I feel would fit the cynical, sarcastic role. Your thoughts?
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
21.12.2006 - 01:57
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Darth Satanious on 23.09.2006 at 23:02

Has anyone seen the trailer for the upcoming "Ghost Rider" movie? It looks pretty good, at least what we can see: great special effects and how the Hell Cycle looks set on fire is pretty amazing.

One thing that I don't like too much is the fact that the movie was directed by the same guy who directed "Daredevil" and everything related to this movie leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At least they have Nicholas Cage as Blaze, not any unknown idiot that appears from nowhere.

I also read that the guy in charge of making the voice of Ghost Rider is the guy in charge of Sound Design in the past The Matrix movies. They said that Rider's voice is going to "shake the theatre".

I am looking forward to it.

Yes, I have seen the trailer and I wnat it to be released now.... It looks damn good. And I agree with you, it's Nicholas Cage, who happens to be a big fan of the comic.

Well, othe Comic-Movies...
Spawn, obviously. it's quite dark and cool. i expected more, but I still like it...

Spider-Man... Hmm, well, it has been my favorite superhero always, but the movies are kinda lame, specially teh second one. And I didn't like that they didn't show how he made the costume

X-Men was fine, but I hated that Professor X got killed. That sucked.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.12.2006 - 20:54
Icewings
La Luna
Hey , I really want to see the ghost rider , it looks excellent I also saw the trailer and it looks so good , I hope to see it and I hope is good because what a dissapointment with daredevil sorry I didn't like it at all . but anyways thanks for the posts ..
----

29.12.2006 - 22:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm a huge Marvel comics fan! I like the movies too, but they're not even close to the comics greatness
----